Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Terri Schiavo (the brain dead woman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    How convenient that right during Monday, the one year marking point when America launched it's attack on Iraq, the government had to be taking care of important isses such as badgering baseball players for using steroids or whether Terri Schiavo's bong needs to be removed.

While protests and vigil's were held across the nation and the world, Congress was busy with these important things.

Some talking points

Point 1 The government has absolutely no business getting involved in this case as it is a private affair. It is the business of her husband, not the government. End of debate.

Point 2 The government does not care about the life of Terri Schiavo or the life of anyone else for that matter. This is simply a political ploy of the lowest kind.
    Some of us have already touched on this. There is no question that this is absurd and is only a distraction (refer to prior posts), but some people wish to discuss it, and that is the only way to keep this thread going - not saying "end of debate".

Cat, it's not that we don't see anything wrong, but it is only one case and really is trivial.

Here is a question: If you were in this woman's position, would you want your situation to be told to the country and taken this far in terms of argument? Or would you rather this be a private affair and decided among your family members?

I would choose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
      I don't know, maybe I got feelings and I see what's happening, and I don't think it's fair??

And what exactly is it that you want me to do about the people dying around the globe? This is the topic of this thread, we're discussing it. Don't play smart with me....
      The reason you are discussing her and not millions of other more important issues is that she is fed to you by your media. I open the CNN website and see this woman in the front page in at least THREE sections - US, Politics, Law. My point is - your thoughts and feelings don't come from inside, they are controlled by people who really don't care for that woman or for you. If they wanted you to feel otherwise - you would feel otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by rabinovich
        The reason you are discussing her and not millions of other more important issues is that she is fed to you by your media. I open the CNN website and see this woman in the front page in at least THREE sections - US, Politics, Law. My point is - your thoughts and feelings don't come from inside, they are controlled by people who really don't care for that woman or for you. If they wanted you to feel otherwise - you would feel otherwise.
        Beautiful isnt it? Makes me feel just like back home

Comment

And what exactly is it that you want me to do about the people dying around the globe? This is the topic of this thread, we're discussing it. Don't play smart with me....
          OK, answering to your question: I want you to spend your precious time discussing more important topics, if you really think your discussion has a point and actually does something good, however insignificant that good may be.

Not that I'm telling you to do that, I'm just pointing out that those "feelings" that you claim you have could have been concentrated on less absurd issues than whether or not a mentally dead woman who you never knew should be artificially kept alive or not.

And don't get personal here . I didn't address you individually, just everyone who pays so much attention to this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
            Beautiful isnt it? Makes me feel just like back home
            Yeah it seems every strong country needs to control the brains of its citizens. I guess one good lesson people learn living in countries like Armenia is to be skeptical of all the sh*t coming from "above"...

That's offtopic now. Why don't we let people get back to discussing their dead woman...

Comment

#1 the news makes people think about things that are not relavent to our daily lives so as to distract us (which we know that the news is controlled by the current power)

#2 the governemnt shouldnt be in anyone's bed, life, penis, vagina, etc...

#3 she couldnt have left a will in such cases if she was a real religious person because one is not allowed to commit suicide...

and of course #4 i think people shouldnt think its immoral to pull the tube on people who we know are not goign to survive, i think its MUCH MUCH MORE immoral to let children die of starvation on any continent...

Comment

Ummm no honey, the reason I'm discussing her and not the millions dying around the globe is because she is the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD! I am interested in this case, plain and simple and I don't need anyones' permission to discuss a case and state my opinion. This can be all over the net and someone who isn't interested won't even bother to look or get deep into it, just like almost anyone in this thread trying to sound open minded and saying they should just kill her without really knowing the details.

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                Cat, it's not that we don't see anything wrong, but it is only one case and really is trivial.

Here is a question: If you were in this woman's position, would you want your situation to be told to the country and taken this far in terms of argument? Or would you rather this be a private affair and decided among your family members?

I would choose the latter.
                I don't care if it is trivial or not, it interests me.

To answer you question, It depends on what really happened to her. If she had a shot at getting better through therapy, which doctors said she did and received money for it but her husband refused to send her to rahab and spent all her rehab money, and now that the money is gone is asking them to kill me, YES I WOULD WANT THE ENTIRE WORLD TO KNOW ABOUT IT! She was never given a chance.

Comment

Ummm no honey, the reason I'm discussing her and not the millions dying around the globe is because she is the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD! I am interested in this case, plain and simple and I don't need anyones' permission to discuss a case and state my opinion. This can be all over the net and someone who isn't interested won't even bother to look or get deep into it, just like almost anyone in this thread trying to sound open minded and saying they should just kill her without really knowing the details.
                  Look sweetheart, the reason this thread appeared in the first place is because, as everyone already said, media is controlling your minds and "feelings". Yes, I find myself open-minded, not just "sound open-minded", for one thing because I analyse more what I hear. Neither I see why would you say it in an offensive tone, I think open-mindedness is a very positive thing.

You want me to predict something? In near future they will start seriously talking about "apes and higher mammals having personalities", and consider killing them equivalent to murder. So instead of talking of Iraqi children having personalities, you would open new threads and start spreading your newly discovered "feelings" about newly discovered "personalities"...

As I think of it, it would even be less absurd than this thread

Comment

I am interested in this case, plain and simple and I don't need anyones' permission to discuss a case and state my opinion.
                    I don't need anyones permission to state my comments on your opinion on a public discussion board.

Once again, I find your opinion dictated from above. As a proof that I am right, just wait and see how many more ridiculous topics will appear on the news soon, and how many more ridiculous things you will start caring about...

Comment

Look sweetheart, the reason this thread appeared in the first place is because, as everyone already said, media is controlling your minds and "feelings". Yes, I find myself open-minded, not just "sound open-minded", for one thing because I analyse more what I hear. Neither I see why would you say it in an offensive tone, I think open-mindedness is a very positive thing.

You want me to predict something? In near future they will start seriously talking about "apes and higher mammals having personalities", and consider killing them equivalent to murder. So instead of talking of Iraqi children having personalities, you would open new threads and start spreading your newly discovered "feelings" about newly discovered "personalities"...

As I think of it, it would even be less absurd than this thread
                      Yes, being open minded is great, I consider myself one, but when it comes to such situations I think it's better to know a bit more about the case before giving opinions that make us "sound" open-minded, when in reality we're clueless about what we just said and why we said it and what is the controversy over...

Also people showing interest in Terri's case doesn't mean they're clueless about the situation in Iraq or around the world...

Well apes DO HAVE personalities you know!! So does my dog...

Comment

Working...
                      X