Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

R.I.P Terri Schiavo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Terri Schiavo

It was so sad when I heard of Terri's Passing. It effected me so much. She is in a better place where nobody can hurt her anymore, where she doesn't have to suffer anymore...

And Also please pray for the POPE...

i prayed for her safe passing.

also, iam not catholic but i pray for the pope becuase he is a man of peace.

Comment

Why couldn't they just give her euthanasia? I'm sure dying of starvation and dehydration is horrible, even for somehow is so supposedly brain-damaged.

Comment

it's funny how terri shiavo takes precedence over the pope!! amazing! i do share the sentiment and pray they're BOTH in a better place, but why have the title be 'R.I.P. terri schiavo'???

yes, they were both mortals as we all are, but he was a spiritual leader! he deserves more than a mere footnote! this is why i DESPISE the media!...blah blah blah....

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
          Why couldn't they just give her euthanasia? I'm sure dying of starvation and dehydration is horrible, even for somehow is so supposedly brain-damaged.
          the definition of hospice is palliative and dignified care; so rest assured that she was given massive doses of morphine as well as other agents to help alleviate her pain and discomfort; i know because i've been to many homes of hospice patients; euthanasia is NOT within the realm of hospice philosophy! hospice simply offers end of life care to the patient AS WELL AS to the family ranging from just listening, to providing spiritual support and praying with the hospice chaplain, to providing medication for comfort and pain relief; hospice does NOT hasten or delay death, it is just there for support! it's like having an extended family in this final phase of life; it is extremely challenging and emotional to work in a hospice; we used to have weekly prayers for the deceased and the ailing; very touching! it's a calling and one of the most dignified and humane things anyone can do for the dying and their families; it is an honor to get to know these people; you'd be surprised! i learned more about life, love, hope, kindness, and compassion and all its offerings than mere death.

Comment

I am relieved that both are dead - for both similar and different reasons. The Shiavo thing just got way out of hand. I've never had to make such a decison - but my heart really goes out to the husband (and the parents too). But he should never have had to go through all the he did (and she too...it went on far too long...shamefully IMO) - and she is better off dead rather then alive (as a veg...) - I have been in this situation with a loved one very very dear to me - when she finally did die - after a long agonizing year (though mostly all there mentally - just phsysically failing) - I only (mostly) felt relief - as I had grieved for her loss long before and knew that she wished herself to be out of her suffering (and even stated such many times).

I also recently (last year) was exposed to hospcie care with a friend of our family who was dying (died) of ovarian cancer. I agree with Hyebruin's points on this. She was in a wonderful Hospice - what very special people they were!

The Pope too. He was a great man. A man I disagreed with on many fronts - but he was certainly a powerful voice for wht he believed in and he did make a (positive) difference overall and specifically in regards to Eastern Europe - and in other areas as well. But like many powerful men - he was vain - and I think vanity is what made him hang on like he did. Then again - who really knows who pulls the puppet strings in the Vatican. Perhaps Michael Jackson would make a good Pope - eh? Seriously though - both deaths were for me a relief. And in spite of perhaps some faults (after all he was human) - he went out in style - a classy guy - a significant and very special human being - no doubt (even if I don't believe - I feel this way about him)

Comment

i thought she was clinically dead for 15 years already!

Comment

I care about Terri Schiavo's death about as much as I care about the Pope's death, which is, not much.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                X