Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

No more Italian please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Italian please

self explainitory we're armenian not italians armenians tend to think there above ever other race except italians . who are italians ? especially all the so-cal armos, when have we ever seen an italian out here ?

Originally posted by HyerThanYou
    self explainitory we're armenian not italians armenians tend to think there above ever other race except italians . who are italians ? especially all the so-cal armos, when have we ever seen an italian out here ?
    Your statement is anything but 'self-explanatory'. I have never heard of an Armenian saying that he or she is better than everyone except for Italians. Which begs the question, what the heck are you talking about?
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
      Your statement is anything but 'self-explanatory'. I have never heard of an Armenian saying that he or she is better than everyone except for Italians. Which begs the question, what the heck are you talking about?
      Ditto

I have been mistaken for Italian once before, but that's not what you're talking about. Explain please.

Comment

I was mistaken for an Italian many times in Italy, but not here.
        I don't understand what you mean though. I've never heard anyone say they're above everyone except Italians either.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
          I was mistaken for an Italian many times in Italy, but not here.
          I don't understand what you mean though. I've never heard anyone say they're above everyone except Italians either.
          ok well let me say it like this most armenians will say there better than americans , hispanics, blacks, asians but when it comes to italians ...some armenians will say were like italians ..like being italian is some kind of big standard.. let italians be like armenians ..who are they to want to be like ?
          Last edited by HyerThanYou; 04-21-2005, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I don't think most Armenians will say they are like Italians, in fact I've never even heard of that before. The only connections Armenians make that I've heard are w/ Greeks, because we both have stories of bravery. Such as the 300 Greeks versus the Persians. And the Armenians vs the Persians over the battle of Christianity/Zorarastrianism. (forgot the names) Anyway, my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
              I don't think most Armenians will say they are like Italians, in fact I've never even heard of that before. The only connections Armenians make that I've heard are w/ Greeks, because we both have stories of bravery. Such as the 300 Greeks versus the Persians. And the Armenians vs the Persians over the battle of Christianity/Zorarastrianism. (forgot the names) Anyway, my 2 cents.
              come to southren california

Comment

No, now I don't want to.

Comment

Hahahha I seriously have never heard that from any So-Cal Armo I've chatted with, or the two times I visited So-Cal myself. I have heard a lot about Armenians and Greeks because of Ancient Greece, and our relations with Turks, and many similarities, blah blah, but not Italians. I am surprised to hear you say that. We don't even have that much in common to be compared in the first place. I have been mistaken for Italian as much as I have for French, Hispanic, and Russian. lol

Comment

I live in Southern California and I've never heard of this before. However, I watched Giada De Laurentiis make a great pasta the other day on "Everyday Italian" and I wanted to take it out of the television screen and eat it.

Comment

Working...
                    X