Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is New-Orleans in Bangladesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karoaper
    Did you guys like how the conservative media, like FOX basically said that it was the "Negros" fault. Man, how I love their thinking.
    Well, it's not the "Negroes'" fault per se, but you must ask yourself why they are rioting? I completely understand the severity of the situation so there is no need for anyone to rear their head and say "Oh how would you like it if you had no food, no house, no money, and trapped in a flood, you would riot too".

I'm sorry, but African Americans have in the past tended to behave like this. In 1965 in Watts, they burned down their own neighborhoods. In 1991, during the L.A. riots, they again burned down their own neighborhoods (and sadly to say my dad was shot by some of them and I always remember). And now they are ravaging their own environment. When hurricane Mitch struck central America you didn't see people behaving like idiots, or even Hurricane Andrew back in the early 90s. This is just unacceptable. I'm sorry. I sympathize with those people, and if anything, this is the greatest government phuck up evar. But it's certainly no excuse to start looting, shooting people, or even raping people.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      That sounds funny if you read it. You start of describing the horror of the situation and then ask us to donate
      Exactly! The situation is horrifying, and that's why they need our help. Unless you thought I meant donate to the looters and rapists, but you're smarter than that.

Comment

Did anyone watch the concert for hurricane relief on NBC, where Kanye West called Bush a racist and stuff?

Comment

...burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp...

Comment

Originally posted by EYYBABA23
            I hope you're being sarcastic. Because not only we're not fighting any wars on terror, but we've spread terror in a country that didn't have any to begin with and we've made Iraq the training ground for the terrorists. I'm sooooo happy to see the National Guard convoy get there FINALLY after 5 days.....
            Of course I was being sarcastic. You should post more often; you'd know that.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Gotta agree with anon on this one about the black community and its self destructiveness in critical situations.

I was away at college last week while this whole thing happaned, and i heard mentions of new orleans and hurricane and gas prices but had no idea it was something of this caliber, my tv wasnt hooked up and i really had no time for the internet. When i got back this thing hit me like a bomb.

You guys hate bush so much you would probably blame him for the hurricane as well. Ive studied the problem down there and this was definately something waiting to happen, from the day it was founded the city had been protected by Dams and levees. The loss of the wetlands which kept the waters back and the subsequent rising water level have been problems for a while and so have the oil refineries down there, and i dont see how you can blame Bush for this.

As for the recovery effort i dont know jack so i wont talk but i can imagine it would be hard trying to rescue a whole city in an area with all the infrastructure completely dewstroyed and idiots walking around with guns shooting at their rescuers and looting raping and killing.

Comment

React Now
                What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

You know...its very easy to mouth off, stereotype and critisise...when you know absolutly nothing at all about the people, circumstances, culture, history and basically know nothing. I suggest when one is ignorant and basically has nothing to say that they refrain from polluting this forum. I have to say that I often see or hear of (human behavorial type) things from Armenia that strike me as silly/stupid or otherwise difficult to comprhend - even alien perhaps...in a sense...but i realise that I just don't have enough understanding of the culture and circumstance to constructively comment or critique...so I let others who know better comment and I read and perhaps learn something...but the last thing i will do is start bandying about racial stereotypes and such - when I have no clue or understanding. I suggest that those who don't know a damn thing about the South - about racial and economic and racial-economic relations there (and who have no idea of what people are going through there on the ground...but are oh so ready to jump onto media spewed stereotypes and other garbage...) refrain from exposing their ugly grey matter that seemingly consists of mostly empty unformed space...

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                    You know...its very easy to mouth off, stereotype and critisise...when you know absolutly nothing at all about the people, circumstances, culture, history and basically know nothing. I suggest when one is ignorant and basically has nothing to say that they refrain from polluting this forum. I have to say that I often see or hear of (human behavorial type) things from Armenia that strike me as silly/stupid or otherwise difficult to comprhend - even alien perhaps...in a sense...but i realise that I just don't have enough understanding of the culture and circumstance to constructively comment or critique...so I let others who know better comment and I read and perhaps learn something...but the last thing i will do is start bandying about racial stereotypes and such - when I have no clue or understanding. I suggest that those who don't know a damn thing about the South - about racial and economic and racial-economic relations there (and who have no idea of what people are going through there on the ground...but are oh so ready to jump onto media spewed stereotypes and other garbage...) refrain from exposing their ugly grey matter that seemingly consists of mostly empty unformed space...

I'm glad at least you know everything that there is to know.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

People are so sucked into the "politically correct" mentality that they cannot accept that it is possible for groups of people to be at fault. Nothing logical proves that a group of people of similar ethnicity cannot be their worst enemies. But unfortunately anyone who proposes that such a thing may be the case is automatically labeled as racist or sexist or whatever suits the scenario because everyone assumes now that whatever negative thing is occuring in a given situation group mentality cannot be the cause unless your talking about white males. That's just pathetic. You're god damn pathetic and closed-minded and simple. Everyone is more concerned with being perceived as morally superior without truely caring for solving problems. Problems don't get solved by biases and partiality regardless of what side it supports. Progress comes from the lack of bias and sometimes that would result in people looking into a mirror and not being happy with what they see.
                      Last edited by Stark Evade; 09-12-2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X