Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Are you serious I live in Detroit. Before that Atlanta ...

I went from the seventh most dangerous city to the second.

YEAH FOR CRIME!... lol I'm not worried about LA except for getting NOT a lousy heads up before I get there ...

Compton is ranked as the 15th most dangerous city in the U.S., and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that supposed to be the most dangerous city in the LA area?

By contrast Cali has 6 out of the top 20 safest cities in the U.S. I think that's a positive thing cuz there's nothing glamorous about living in or near a city that is riddled with crime. Atlanta used to be 3rd and I'm glad to see it's moved down the scale. For all of you ppl who have never ventured out of CA the grass is NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!! heheheh

Man what I'm trying to get at is, knowing what you know, if you were moving to LA what would you want ppl to tell you before you arrived. Cool places to eat, nicer areas for residence, interesting places to go, best ways to get around, special attractions, things unique to LA etc etc ... Like be a Time Out magazine heh

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy

YEAH FOR CRIME!... lol I'm not worried about LA except for getting NOT a lousy heads up before I get there ...

Compton is ranked as the 15th most dangerous city in the U.S., and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that supposed to be the most dangerous city in the LA area?

By contrast Cali has 6 out of the top 20 safest cities in the U.S. I think that's a positive thing cuz there's nothing glamorous about living in or near a city that is riddled with crime. Atlanta used to be 3rd and I'm glad to see it's moved down the scale. For all of you ppl who have never ventured out of CA the grass is NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!! heheheh

Man what I'm trying to get at is, knowing what you know, if you were moving to LA what would you want ppl to tell you before you arrived. Cool places to eat, nicer areas for residence, interesting places to go, best ways to get around, special attractions, things unique to LA etc etc ... Like be a Time Out magazine heh

Nice areas of residence are also the priciest. You have potentials in Hollywood, Glendale, Burbank, Sherman Oaks, West Hollywood, West L.A., Westwood, Santa Monica, Pasadena or San Marino, Torrance, Palos Verdes.

There is nothing unique about L.A. except it's traffic. No other city in the nation has the traffic that L.A. has during morning and evening rush hour. That much I will guarantee. If you ever come to live here, be sure to be in the 110, 10 and 5 freeway intersections in downtown L.A. And how can we possibly forget the wonderful 405 that has been home to so many traffic jams and accidents. Nor shall we leave out the surface streets like Los Feliz in the evening, or Sepulveda, or La Cienega, or Sunset, or Laurel Canyon.

L.A. is not like a city you're used to. It's a city only in word and paper, not in the visual. In reality, it's just a bunch of pockets of towns all merged into one. It's expansive and spread out, and you must have a car, as opposed to the cities in the east coast, like New York, or Boston, or Chicago. Those cities are built up, L.A. is not build up, it's built spread out.

Other than avoiding East L.A., Boyle Heights, and Inglewood, Compton, or the general South Central area, you're good.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Thanks Anon that's a pretty good start but LA MUST have something to offer that's relatively unique. Tar pits? heheh that's all I know ...

Oh and Atlanta is called the LA of the East cuz of all the traffic, pollution and need for a car to get anywhere. Something like 1.5 million ppl commute either from Greater Atlanta to metro per day or versa vice. Also Metro Detroit is made up of somewhere around 20 individual cities so I kinda know what that's like. It's weird ... very. I can drive less than 4 niles and pass through just as many cities each with their own police fire dept. mayor. I really think it's utterly pointless but obviously I'm relatively alone in that notion.

Anon you are an ambassador to your city! lol

Comment

I passed through South Central once. Most of the houses had bars on the windows and at least four old Latino men offered to wash my car.

When I was younger, I went to Compton with my dad to get some tools from the Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
            I passed through South Central once. Most of the houses had bars on the windows and at least four old Latino men offered to wash my car.

When I was younger, I went to Compton with my dad to get some tools from the Home Depot.
            I used to go to Compton and Inglewood a lot with my dad when I would go work with him. It was always weird to be the only white face to stand out.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

^lmao

Welcome to D- or A-Town EVERYWHERE!! j/k sort of ...

"I ain't neva scared WHAT?!? I ain't neva scared!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy

Whoa. Dude pulled some statistics on me, haha.

I think Compton, South Central, Inglewood - all of that is overrated, as far as "crime" goes. It's not as bad as people say. I've been in, or drove through, all these places, and it's whatever. Inglewood was just ghetto as hell. Compton is the same with more crack heads around. My friends grandmother lived there, and she was Armenian/Russian.

The gangs are bad, but not as bad as people imagine. A lot of kids say, "Go to Compton, you'll get shot." Nah, it's not like that. You can get shot in any city for saying the wrong things.

Comment

At least with gangs you can kinda tell who the criminals are. With these "one man armies" on the East you never know when the chaos is going to come and from who. I mean there are things to look for but overall the wicked over here blend in ... all that's crap ... hate those ppl.

I just wear a mohawk and everybody relatively leaves me alone. Even panhandlers think twice after taking a good look at me especially when my week old armo beard is in full effect. It's like "Boo!!" hee hee

Speaking of which I gotta get my hair cut ...

Comment

Week old Armo beard, lol.

That's considered full-grown for most people.

Comment

Hay guys!
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X