Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

best/warmest memories from childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best/warmest memories from childhood

'Tis time for nostalgia.

What memories from childhood (up to early teen) do your cherish the most? Which sounds and smells bring out these memories?

For me, I remember going to shuka (outdoor bazzar) with my mom as we bought produce for the week. All the delicious sounds of food, the hustle and bustle of people, while I would work on the huge sunflower my mom would buy me every now and then. That was fun.

Another great part of my childhood was being with my pals from my yard. I'd do my homework and leave home for the rest of the day (minus diner time). We'd play hide and seek till 12am (my mom was lax on my sleep). Almost every week we'd venture to steal fruits from some folks' orchards and would have to run like hell from the owner who would chase us. This was before the age of video games. I spent half of my childhood in the street with friends, getting into games, fights, and other general troubles. Life can never again be as joyous as it was then.

Anyone remember vartavar?

Go ahead, post a fun story or a happening from your childhood that brings a smile to your face when you remember it.
    Last edited by karoaper; 10-15-2005, 11:55 PM.

Originally posted by karoaper
    'Tis time for nostalgia.

What memories from childhood (up to early teen) do your cherish the most? Which sounds and smells bring out these memories?

For me, I remember going to shuka (outdoor bazzar) with my mom as we bought produce for the week. All the delicious sounds of food, the hustle and bustle of people, while I would work on the huge sunflower my mom would buy me every now and then. That was fun.

Another great part of my childhood was being with my pals from my yard. I'd do my homework and leave home for the rest of the day (minus diner time). We'd play hide and seek till 12am (my mom was lax on my sleep). Almost every week we'd venture to steal fruits from some folks' orchards and would have to run like hell from the owner who would chase us. This was before the age of video games. I spent half of my childhood in the street with friends, getting into games, fights, and other general troubles. Life can never again be as joyous as it was then.

Anyone remember vartavar?

Go ahead, post a fun story or a happening from your childhood that brings a smile to your face when you remember it.
    Ahh, the magic of ordinary days in the good ol' Armenian SSR. The Americans then introduced you to video games and corrupted you. Red Brigade will fix this.

Comment

Childhood was the best, plain and simple. I remember when we would go to my grandma's house there was a kid named Sevag. Me, my brother, and this kid would go on top of those garages they used to have, they were metal garagas. And we would jump from garage to garage. They had unequal spaces separated from each other so it was always a challenge to jump the ones with more space. Ahh those were the days. I'll post more later.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

This was my favorite childhood television show. At school anyone who said they didn't like it was caught lying. I have a collection of the first few seasons on VHS; you know, the ones with Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd as the villains. After that everything got fcuked up.

It's Alpha!

Zordon was pretty cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Childhood was the best, plain and simple. I remember when we would go to my grandma's house there was a kid named Sevag. Me, my brother, and this kid would go on top of those garages they used to have, they were metal garagas. And we would jump from garage to garage. They had unequal spaces separated from each other so it was always a challenge to jump the ones with more space. Ahh those were the days. I'll post more later.
          We used to do that xxxx too. That's hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
            Ahh, the magic of ordinary days in the good ol' Armenian SSR. The Americans then introduced you to video games and corrupted you. Red Brigade will fix this.
            Ha, that's nothing. Our favorite was making a fire, throwing some potatoes we'd scavenge from our parents right into the fire, sit around it, discussing if Bruce Lee really was the greatest and also how we would kick Turks' asses. Then we'd peal the potatoes and eat them with salt. One time, one of our friends shot a small bird with a "ragatka" (those thingies with a rubber band) and we freaking plucked the bird and put it into the fire lol. The damn thing looked like a chicken.

Comment

One of my best memories from childhood was when every friday at school we were playing football.I was elected as the captain of our team.

Plus our cheerleaders were encouraging us throughout the game.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                One time, one of our friends shot a small bird with a "ragatka" (those thingies with a rubber band) and we freaking plucked the bird and put it into the fire lol. The damn thing looked like a chicken.
                Yeah my dad tells me they used to shoot and cook and the birds when they were little. I remember him saying it with a grin on his face, and my mom was pretty repulsed.

I always tried to shoot some myself and never hit one.

Comment

Me and my brother making bow and arrows with tree twigs, rubber bands and a knife to cut a point in our "arrows" and going to find grouse, a bird, and try to hunt them with our arrows. My family bike rides. When I could ride my bike without training wheels for the first time, the smell of my mothers hand lotion, when I smell it today or someone else who wears it, it reminds me of her when I was a child.

Going to swim in the ocean and me and my siblings dressing each other up in seaweed as kings and queens of the ocean. Going to take a bath in a river near my home at night, I remember the cricket music.

Watching saturday afternoon from Disney. The first time I watched Aladdin movie, and watching my mother cooking us breakfast every morning before going to school.

Me and my siblings stomping on smoke mushrooms (mushrooms when you jump on them they poof out a substance that looked like smoke.) Our family christmas tradition that we have been doing every year since I can remember: listening to a record on one of those old record players of the story of the birth of Christ.

Comment

power rangers? gosh..y'all are young!
                    in my day,
                    we watched teenage mutant ninja turtles, spiderman, jem, rainbow brite.

Comment

Working...
                    X