Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

best/warmest memories from childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I watched TMNT and Spider-Man too!

Comment

I mostly stayed inside and read when I was very young. There wasn't a whole lot to do in my neighborhood and it wasn't safe outside. Once my parents had some money and we moved to a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood, then the memories like this started to be formed.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
        We used to do that xxxx too. That's hillarious.
        Also, with thta kid Sevag, me and my brother would hitch on trains. There was a rail road that passed by my grandmas house all the time. He would jump on the train, and it would take us soo far to these factories. And then we would simply follow the train tracks back to our grandmas house which was one of those old Soviet apartment complexes built during the Soviet projects boom.

And then we would also burn and melt that cheesy metal called "archeech", remember? We would make little mini daggers out of it and stuff like that.

And one time, this kid burned a bunch of dead shrubs and bushes right at the base of my grandmas building and I chased him to try to beat him up but I could never catch him. And then we were putting out the fire which wasn't big or anything, just a small fire, using sand. Haha.

And then right behind the garages where the train tracks were, on the other side there was construction going on and I remember as kids we would always sneak in and steal wood or nails or hammers. And I guess it's that beauty of Communism since they didn't own anything (from the building they were building to the tools or pieces of wood there), they just left all the crap there.

Damn, when I think about it, I did all this shyt before I was 7, which means I was a little kid, since it was at 7 we left for the Capitalist USA.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Somethings I miss..

Going to my cousins house practically every single weekend and just doing what kids do. Playing around in his front yard, we even made our own club house and I was in charge of keeping it together. We were notorious on the streets of Hollywood.

I also miss my Ninja Turtle toys. I used to love that show and had all kinds of toys.

Gooooooooooooooooooooood times. Best times, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by 1womanARMY
            power rangers? gosh..y'all are young!
            in my day,
            we watched teenage mutant ninja turtles, spiderman, jem, rainbow brite.

Me too! Dont forget strawberry shortcake, hugga bunch and the traditional carebares. Not with the theme song that goes: "care bear count down 4, 3, 2, 1.." like they play now a days, but the original! The best! that goes: " Oh I wanna be a carebear oh wouldent it be great to be a carebear and do the things that carebears do, oh I want to be a carebear like you! You do?..." hehe....yeahhhhh. And do you happen to remember the reallly really old hercules show??? Anyone here remember it? THe animated one? Or the poochie show?

Comment

ya poochie!!!

Comment

Beautiful thread with beautiful posts.

Makes me sad...

Comment

I also remember the good old days living with my grandparents and uncle. We had to move in with them after our house got robbed. My sister and I would share a room with my uncle who was in his 20's at the time. He would be doing everything I'm doing now - going to parties and just enjoying his life. I like how I was around to see him doing all those fun stuff.

I also remember him coming home late every night and watching "Three's Company" with us, as he ate cereal in the biggest bowl I've ever seen. I also miss sitting around with my family eating corn or sunflower seeds and watching TV.

Comment

Gotta a fun story from when I was 10 and me and my fam were staying in a sanatorium/resort on the Sevan shore during summer. Every friday night the management would show a movie in the theater that was in the sanatorium and in the morning they would put up a poster with the name of it and what it was about. I, being a dirty little boy, decided to play a hoax. I made up this elaborate poster that looked like all the real ones that contained the name of some sex movie (made up name) and wrote that it was an erotica. During those times in Armenia even heavy kissing scenes were somewhat riske, so imagine what an erotica movie would do. Anyways, thursday night I went up with my brother and put it up. I wanted to run away, but my bro told me to just walk away slowly and not attract any attention.

Anyways, the next day there was total mayhem in the place. All 600 (or whatever was the number) tenants were going crazy with both shock and excitement that the resort would show erotica. I couldn't stop grinning and cracking up as I heard adults talk about it, my creation. It was crazy. The management was so angry. Ripped the thing to shreds and put up signs everywhere saying it was a lie.

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      Gotta a fun story from when I was 10 and me and my fam were staying in a sanatorium/resort on the Sevan shore during summer. Every friday night the management would show a movie in the theater that was in the sanatorium and in the morning they would put up a poster with the name of it and what it was about. I, being a dirty little boy, decided to play a hoax. I made up this elaborate poster that looked like all the real ones that contained the name of some sex movie (made up name) and wrote that it was an erotica. During those times in Armenia even heavy kissing scenes were somewhat riske, so imagine what an erotica movie would do. Anyways, thursday night I went up with my brother and put it up. I wanted to run away, but my bro told me to just walk away slowly and not attract any attention.

Anyways, the next day there was total mayhem in the place. All 600 (or whatever was the number) tenants were going crazy with both shock and excitement that the resort would show erotica. I couldn't stop grinning and cracking up as I heard adults talk about it, my creation. It was crazy. The management was so angry. Ripped the thing to shreds and put up signs everywhere saying it was a lie.

Good times.
                      Did you give it a cute name like Down in the xxxxasus?

Comment

Working...
                      X