Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Different" By One-Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Different" By One-Way

Nowadays, everyone is a rapper. That's how I'll start this essay off, because it's true, and it's what the average person thinks when another "rapper" comes along. Well, it's my turn to speak and show people who I am.

It is true, and I agree, that "everyone" in today's world tries to rap. But the main word in that sentence is "tries". A lot of people do it, but only a few do it well. The reason why I think a lot of people try to rap is because they try to follow after the person they look up to. Once Eminem made it big, every 12-year-old picked up their pen and pad. Same with local rappers. Once they start making moves in the city, everybody tries to take after him, and all their songs sound identical. (I'm not gonna mention any names).

Here's where I'm trying to get at: As funny as it sounds, I was just another kid picking up a pen and pad. Rap music always interested me, and once I heard the way Eminem rapped, I fell in love with it. I tried writing my own songs, basically the same way Eminem did, and I can proudly say, it was horrible. Unfortunently, for about three years, I kept it up. I was writing and rapping like I was someone else, living someone elses life. It was rougly a year or two ago when I completely changed the way I thought about everything. My perspective on life, friends, and even music took an unexpected turn. I have changed the way I talk, think, act, dress, and even "rap". But you see, I don't call it "rap" anymore. When people ask me what I do, it hurts to say I rap. Why? Because there are a lot of kids out there putting our name down. Yes, I know they rap about "How the Hip-Hop music was so beautiful", but honestly it's much more than that. All they do is throw in big words that don't fit together, and call themselves lyrical. Rap isn't about punchlines or big words. It's much more than that, something I don't care to explain right now.

I've "been making an album" for five years. Yes, five. Since I was in the 8th grade, I've been under impression that I would soon release an album. And while many people I grew up, did, in fact, release their albums - I believe they weren't ready. For these five years, I've matured in ways people couldn't think possible. Reading back on lyrics from age 13 sound very different from lyrics I wrote today. And while many people still ask, "Where's your album? We've been waiting for years!" - it doesn't bother me. It just took me a few years to grow up and realize who I am; find my own voice. But now, I'm ready.

There's a lot of reasons why I think my music is different. The day it's released, I think everyone should get a copy, put it on, STOP DOING WHATEVER THEY WERE DOING FOR AN HOUR OR SO, and just listen to it. From beginning to end. Without ANY interruption. I want them to listen to what I have to say, because the things I have to say are different from what every other rapper has been saying. I've had a lot of people come up to me and tell me they appreciate my music. What kind of people? People who only listen to rock music. People who only listen to pop. People who never thought they would like rap, have told me, my music was "different". Now, I'm not trying to sound xxxxy; not one bit. I'm just trying to tell people why you should give me a chance.

I think my first CD is so real, I'm releasing it for free. You'll be able to download it from various websites, meet me in person and get a copy, or get one sent to your house through mail. Whichever you'd like. It's free because I want as many people possible to listen to it.

Sometimes, when I meet new people and we talk about music, this is exactly what comes out of my mouth: "I'm really into music. I write, record, and produce all my songs. I'm starting to work on my first album, too. The type of music I make falls into Hip-Hop, but it's a whole new sound. It's something you don't hear in most rap songs. I think if I could make a CD like this by myself, I'll change the music industry for good when I get signed.." And it's true. I don't have many songs where it's a fast beat and I talk agressive about guns and killing. I don't flaunt my money and talk about my cars and diamonds. But.. BUT, BUT, BUT. I speak the truth. Meaning, if I come out on a song and say something about "xxxxxes" or "cars" - I stand by it. A song is a song. Don't take it too seriously. Take it for what it is: a form of entertainment. I'm here to entertain you. I think my music is good enough for people to relate with, and realize it's a new type of sound, and it's something interesting.

Another thing. A lot of people have met me, before they even knew I made music, (I like to call it "making music" because rap still sounds bad to me), and they ask me what I do. After I tell them I "rap", they have an interesting look on their face. Some guy from my college math class even laughed and told me to "change my style up", because what I wore was too "white". That's another thing. I wear what I want. I don't need to have baggy pants and a du-rag to be a rapper. Kanye has been lately changing this up for the rap world, but I've been like this since day one. Yeah, before I dressed differently, but again; I changed.

So, what I'm trying to say is, when my album is done, and YES, you will know when it's done - give it a listen. Regardless of what you already think of me. The few tracks I have available now are nothing next to the final CD. It's going to be amazing. It's going to be real and from the heart. This CD is my heart in a form of songs. That's why I'm spending so much time on it; to perfect it. Be ready.

The best independent music community on the net. Listen to music, buy and sell beats and albums.

---------------------------------------------------

I felt like typing.

Re: "Different" By One-Way

I found like 2096820205839 mistakes in that essay after reading it over.

But it's okay, I'll leave it. "Nothing in life is ever perfect."

Except my album, of course.

Comment

One-Way, I have decided to become a rapper. Here's are the lyrics to my first song:

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
      There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
      He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
      To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
      What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
      He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
      He's chokin, how everybody's jokin now
      The clock's run out, time's up over, bloah!
      Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
      Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
      He's so mad, but he won't give up that
      Easy, no
      He won't have it , he knows his whole back's to these ropes
      It don't matter, he's dope
      He knows that, but he's broke
      He's so stagnant that he knows
      When he goes back to his mobile home, that's when it's
      Back to the lab again yo
      This whole rap xxxx
      He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
      You own it, you better never let it go
      You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
      This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

The soul's escaping, through this hole that it's gaping
      This world is mine for the taking
      Make me king, as we move toward a, new world order
      A normal life is borin, but superstardom's close to post mortem
      It only grows harder, only grows hotter
      He blows us all over these hoes is all on him
      Coast to coast shows, he's know as the globetrotter
      Lonely roads, God only knows
      He's grown farther from home, he's no father
      He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
      But hold your nose cuz here goes the cold water
      His hoes don't want him no mo, he's cold product
      They moved on to the next schmoe who flows
      He nose dove and sold nada
      So the soap opera is told and unfolds
      I suppose it's old partna', but the beat goes on
      Da da dum da dum da da

No more games, I'ma change what you call rage
      Tear this mothaxxxxin roof off like 2 dogs caged
      I was playin in the beginnin, the mood all changed
      I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
      But I kept rhymin and stepwritin the next cypher
      Best believe somebody's payin the pied piper
      All the pain inside amplified by the fact
      That I can't get by with my 9 to 5
      And I can't provide the right type of life for my family
      Cuz man, these goddam food stamps don't buy diapers
      And it's no movie, there's no Mekhi Phifer, this is my life
      And these times are so hard and it's getting even harder
      Tryin to feed and water my seed, plus
      Teeter totter caught up between being a father and a prima donna
      Baby mama drama's screamin on and
      Too much for me to wanna
      Stay in one spot, another day of monotony
      Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail
      I've got to formulate a plot fore I end up in jail or shot
      Success is my only mothaxxxxin option, failure's not
      Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got to go
      I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
      So here I go is my shot.
      Feet fail me not cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got!

Comment

TomServo, the stars must have aligned, because I just came up with the same exact lyrics.

Comment

TomServo, I'm interested in signing you. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
            I found like 2096820205839 mistakes in that essay after reading it over.

But it's okay, I'll leave it. "Nothing in life is ever perfect."

Except my album, of course.
            I just read this on myspace *becomes ready*

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
              TomServo, the stars must have aligned, because I just came up with the same exact lyrics.
              LIAR!

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                LIAR!
                I don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
                  I don't lie.
                  No no no no baby, no no no no don't lie, Coz you
                  No no no no, yeah you know know know know you gotta try
                  What you gonna do when it all comes out
                  When I will see you & what you're all about
                  No no no baby, no no no no don't lie
                  Yeah you know you know you know you know you know you gotta try.

Damn I'm good at writing songs.

Comment

Get on topic.

So I think this One-Way guy is full of shit, what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                    X