Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Irony of religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Irony of religion

I hope all the song lyrics in this thread get deleted and Anahita feels horrible after having wasted so much time to post them. I'm kidding.

As far as religion goes, some of us already know that many pre-Christian religions have similar stories of creation as in Genesis, and this could even go as far back as Sumeria. But then the question is, so what? Is your attack on religion in general, or just Christianity, and again, so what? What this demonstates to me is that religion is natural to man, whether it is a religion of creation and God, or the religion of evolution and atheism.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 03-29-2006, 06:49 PM.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      I hope all the song lyrics in this thread get deleted and Anahita feels horrible after having wasted so much time to post them. I'm kidding.[emphasis added]

As far as religion goes, some of us already know that many pre-Christian religions have similar stories of creation as in Genesis, and this could even go as far back as Sumeria. But then the question is, so what? Is your attack on religion in general, or just Christianity, and again, so what? What this demonstates to me is that religion is natural to man, whether it is a religion of creation and God, or the religion of evolution and atheism.

I don't see my attack. My 'attack,' as you see, is not what I intended. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I am for love of 'God' but against fundamentalism.

Some people believe religion is about 'fundamentalism' (the only way, whatever their religion) and why is it that people FEEL SO STONGLY about one 'religion.' Ironic? No? I'm not at all 'against' religion. For me, all ways of worship and thanks to divinity are great (unless they get into, which many have... the prior issues of my god beats up yours.)

GOD is to Gods as GOD is to Religions. Maybe, religions are to gods as humanity is to….

‘Tomservo’, my karma ran over your dogma long ago while my ‘dog’ was beatin’ up your ‘dog’… (and... I watched in horror, yet stood there, scared, and holdin’ up my peace sign, and I cried.) Bad dogs! No treat today.

I’m more of a katu. You never hear ‘bad cat.’ This is why I like cats a little more, at times. I love dogs, too. Cats are very loyal and loving, but not loyal about whatever someone teaches them to be… cats just are... Oh, Did I mention sometimes ‘it rains cats and dogs…”)

God, save me from your followers.

MY ‘RELIGION” (in fewest words, in English)
      BE KIND TO ALL LIFE.

To answer the question before (another thread) I edit because I think I can always improve...
      Last edited by Anahita; 03-29-2006, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
        I don't see my attack. My 'attack,' as you see, is not what I intended. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I am for love of 'God' but against fundamentalism.

Some people believe religion is about 'fundamentalism' (the only way, whatever their religion) and why is it that people FEEL SO STONGLY about one 'religion.' Ironic? No? I'm not at all 'against' religion. For me, all ways of worship and thanks to divinity are great (unless they get into, which many have... the prior issues of my god beats up yours.)

GOD is to Gods as GOD is to Religions. Maybe, religions are to gods as humanity is to….

‘Tomservo’, my karma ran over your dogma long ago while my ‘dog’ was beatin’ up your ‘dog’… (and... I watched in horror, yet stood there, scared, and holdin’ up my peace sign, and I cried.) Bad dogs! No treat today.

I’m more of a katu. You never hear ‘bad cat.’ This is why I like cats a little more, at times. I love dogs, too. Cats are very loyal and loving, but not loyal about whatever someone teaches them to be… cats just are... Oh, Did I mention sometimes ‘it rains cats and dogs…”)

God, save me from your followers.

MY ‘RELIGION” (in fewest words, in English)
        BE KIND TO ALL LIFE.

To answer the question before (another thread) I edit because I think I can always improve...

Fundamentalism is not restricted to religion. I hope you do not forget that. It permeates all walks of life, from politics to science (evolution).

Although you will acknowledge it does - and many people in your same position who argue about fundamentalism with religion also acknowledge that it exists in politics and science - they always seem to focus and hone in only on religion, and believe that somehow being "less religious" or "confining myself to one religion" will makes me "less of a fundamentalist", yet they display a similar fundamentalist belief in both science, and government. Fundamentalism (like hatred) comes with being human. We all dogmatize something. No one here is of saintly status, so that is why I'm suspect of the holier than thou approach.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Fundamentalism is not restricted to religion....
          I didn't read all of the links to threads. Thank you for providing them. I've said a little, but I'd like to hear what you have to say... (re: prior posts)
          Last edited by Anahita; 03-30-2006, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Anahita is an Editorian fundamentalist.

Comment

I didn't read all of the links to threads. Thank you for providing them. I've said a little, but I'd like to hear what you have to say... (re: prior posts)
              Which threads are you referring to? The links about evolution I posted? If so, I don't think it's appropriate discussion here. Let's confine ourselves to religion, or else we will make poor Siggie visit this thread when she probably wants to talk about Lost with me at another thread.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Which threads are you referring to? The links about evolution I posted? If so, I don't think it's appropriate discussion here. Let's confine ourselves to religion, or else we will make poor Siggie visit this thread when she probably wants to talk about Lost with me at another thread.
                -----

Police Lyrics - De Do Do Do De Da Da Da Lyrics

Don't think me unkind
                Words are hard to find
                The only cheques I've left unsigned
                From the banks of chaos in my mind
                And when their eloquence escapes me
                Their logic ties me up and rapes me

De do do do, de da da da
                De do do do, de da da da (=y)
                Is all I want to say to you (=y)
                Their innocence will pull me through (=y)
                Is all I want to say to you (=y)
                They're meaningless and all that's true

Poets, priests and politicians
                Have words to thank for their positions
                Words that scream for your submission
                And no one's jamming their transmission
                'Cos when their eloquence escapes you
                Their logic ties you up and rapes you

Y… Y… Y… Y…
                They're meaningless and all that's true
                For me Y=WHY? Y? Y?

I edit that to tell you (if you didn't already see...) that this message, like many of mine mean WAY more that just some 'cut'n'paste.'

"Regardless, and yes you aren't being 'equal' in assumptions... but then... how can I blame you for that?"
                Last edited by Anahita; 03-31-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I don't like this thread.

Comment

Why? [Sassy girl takes over]

What bothers you most? The idea that your idea of "GOD" changed a bit or?

I tease One-way because he is smart enough QUESTION...

EDIT: You have always embraced the hard-to-explian. Yet, you think I'm an circus ride. WHEN I said, 'I made my point.' I kinda really meant that I did, hTTTPOAABSSSun.... read again?...reread in light of?

Ignore that.

This is weird... I am NOT kidding when I say that hunting for crocs, or snakes, or ?? is GOOOD...

I almost grabbed a real coral while I was climbing a mountain... [funniere cus... talk lyt8=] Yeaah..... if you'd like to get algo ( sierpiente esta con ... ellos ama nostros, pero dice que tienes miedo humanoss... Maria y dice... ....
                    Yeah, but EVEN if this is real, I kinda think it is weird. AND I AM THE GODESS. *You'll laught about the way you post this later..."
                    Last edited by Anahita; 03-31-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Why? [Sassy girl takes over]

What bothers you most?
                      I don't know but I would guess maybe that you have yet to write something us lesser beings can comprehend and not song lyrics to show how deep and sophisticated you are because you can speak in riddles and parables and we cannot. But I may be wrong.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X