Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Political Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Political Thread.

Okay, since this has long been in the making and desired, I think this is a perfect opportunity to launch our forums very own political thread. We have an insult thread for crying out loud, we might as well have the political thread.

This thread can discuss a variety of topics about or relating to politics and spilling over into the history of the politics. You can feel free to discuss the left vs right, who is right or wrong, why does it have to be just the left or the right, the corruption of the two party system, the war on iraq, america's foreign policy, the nature of americans current state of government, etc., etc., and I'm sure you all know the rest.

So I have an open question. Why do I pay taxes?
    Achkerov kute.

i guess so that your retirement is guranteed?
    you won't have to work until the day you die?
    anang paner 8)

Comment

I got a question...
      don't you guys think Hillary Clinton's running for president is straight out cheesy?

Comment

Hillary running for president is straight up cataclysimic. If she runs, I will have to get crazy.

Comment

lol
          do you say that cuz she's a female?
          cuz that wasn't the highlight of my question

Comment

lol, no. that isnt even the issue if she is a woman, and I dont know why you would waste my time by bringing it up. She is a loser, and if you have read her humurous memoir, and looked at her medical plan, you would understand why having her as president would be disasterous to the nation. Pick another candidate please, man or woman, as long as they are qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
              i guess so that your retirement is guranteed?
              you won't have to work until the day you die?
              anang paner 8)
              What does the income tax have to do with my retirement? If you mean social security that was only a later artificial add on to it during Roosevelt.

The implementation of the odious income tax in 1913 is what I'm getting at. So why do I pay taxes?
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anon, I have the same question. You should ask a Democrat.

Comment

so surfer.. what does shang hye think about that?
                  yalla go.. switch back 8)

Comment

I will answer your question more seriously with this. I believe that all social programs are regressive in their aim, and do not work in practical, and real circumstances. It is a way to dock you of your hard work, so people that are lazy, and apathetic can benefit from your toil. Democrats imposed such taxes. But here goes a quote on the office I am looking at my work.

"If we run such government debts, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in twenty-four, give earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses, and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mis managers to account; but be glad to obtain the subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow suffers."

--Thomas Jefferson (my hero)

Comment

Working...
                    X