Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The LOST Fanatics thread ... Hanso game too ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LOST Fanatics thread ... Hanso game too ...

What up everybody? Somewhat long time no talkie talkie. Just been busy with personal stuff and all. Anyhoo just wanted to start up a thread for anybody here who is a complete LOST nut like myself, and I'm pretty sure Anon. Well I know we don't have spoiler blockers ... we don't even have a entertainment category for discussions ... so I suppose we either agree to...

A. ...not posting game or plot spoilers here or

B. avoiding this thread if you want to avoid spoilers.

I for one care not so much about the spoilers as there are so many layers to the LOST onion that any insight is greatly appreciated!! Also I thought we did a good job with the NotPron game as far as keeping it intriguing and not completely ruining the levels. OH YEAH!! I just remembered from the NotPron game that ppl can post their spoilers in white text so that you have to highlight the text in order to read the spoiler. There we go that should solve that problem.

How many LOST nuts do we have in the hizzie?

If you don't know about the LOST game it can be played at http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

The game is an AWG (sumthin like that) stylized game which basically means it's web based and the process is like finding clues buried in secret places of the site in order to find more clues that eventually leads to hidden content.

To be honest the game has been kinda "Meh" for me especially after the NotPron but I'll give it a go. Some ppl out there have gotten pretty far. I tried to send a message to Joop and sign up for the newsletter but haven't really pushed it at all ...

My focus for extra information on LOST is more on the books that are referenced in the show or that have a known direct influence on the storyline/writers/producers rather than this game. They have been quoted as to saying that you can gain a better principle understanding from reading some of the books the reference or at the very least explore some fantastic literature.

My contribution for this post will be to jot out a quick list of the books that one way or another I was told have a direct influence on, or are reference in LOST... if you research the books you'll find familiar themes in the stories and perhaps gain a broader understanding of the principle themes in LOST.

Assignment In Eternity: Robert A Heinlein (collection of short stories Lost Legacy is the one to read here)
    Watership Down: Richard Adams
    A Wrinkle In Time: Madeleine L'Engle
    The Third Policeman: Flann O'Brian
    Turn of the Screw: Henry James
    The Epic of Gilgamesh: Unknown Author
    An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge: Ambrose Bierce
    Brothers Karamazov: Dostoevsky
    Lancelot: Walker Percy
    Are You There God? It's Me Margret: Judy Blume

I admit that I gathered most of this list from http://lost.cubit.net/books.phpalthough they fail to mention Assignment In Eternity which I picked up on from Entertainment Weekly. The crazy thing about that book is the short Lost Legacy which according to Entertainment Weekly is a "1941 short story about kids reaching their psychic potential under the tutelage of COINCIDENCE ALERT!-Ambrose Bierce" [E.W. 3/3/06]. Weird huh. The link has even more books with their descriptions next to them. So all these books are either in the hatch, spoken out loud in dialogue, sawyer is reading, or referenced in interviews with the producers.

Finally here's what most people on the web are calling a fan based film and I tend to agree, although certain elements lean towards authenticity... what do you think?

DHARMA CLASSIFICATIONS

Re: The LOST Fanatics thread ... Hanso game too ...

You do realize that the only ones who will be discussing this are you and me, right?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

I'm lost.

Comment

LOST? Never heard of it man, sorry. What cable channel is it on? Btw, sorry to bother you guys, do you know who this cutie is?

The few episodes I saw were neat, a little far fetched but very mysterious and intense in a good way.

Comment

evangeline-lilly-kate-on-lost.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
            LOST? Never heard of it man, sorry. What cable channel is it on? Btw, sorry to bother you guys, do you know who this cutie is?

The few episodes I saw were neat, a little far fetched but very mysterious and intense in a good way.
            How is it far fetched? If you really want to put it that way, the entire show is far fetched. But that's the whole point! And Evangeline Lily is hot!
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Those phucking flashbacks were so annoying.

Watch 24 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                Those phucking flashbacks were so annoying.

Watch 24 instead.
                I watched Season 1. Doesn't compare to LOST.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Get lost.

Omigosh.

Comment

Lost Rulez Sucka

Yeah I kinda figured it would be you and I Anon but hey I figured that if even you and I wanted to say something about the show there really wasn't a thread so wa-la I made one. Still considering how insanely popular it is I will be suprised if we remain the only ones but w/armos ya never know.

LOST is great, 24 is hokey this season. All I can say is protocol for the President and VP is that in times of terrorist attacks they are not to be together for chain of command security. This season they couldn't be more together. Then they kill characters that have been around forever. That's really all they have left at this point, killing off main characters to pump up ratings. The first season I watched was last year and I only caught it from the midpoint on.

Anon is totally right LOST kills 24 hands down. The flashbacks provide some much needed background on the characters for the audience and ties in all the characters to each other if you pay attention. Like the girl who draws Hurleys lotto numbers is later seen with Sawyer in the hotel or how Kates father captures Sayid.

Here you guys go here's a cool link which has some interesting video ...

LOST Vids
                    Then go to Media Clips ... then go to Miscellaneous or where ever. Misc shows some connection stuff.

That site has alot of media if you browse around...

Oh and if you want to see all the freaky connections between the people on the island go here

Connections

I think this site is niice http://lost.cubit.net/ in case you can't tell.

So Anon do you think thta film is from a fan or what? I have my own ideas but I'll share later I g2g nite all
                    Last edited by Lamb Boy; 05-09-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X