Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Just Got My Wisdom Teeth Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got My Wisdom Teeth Removed

Yesterday was my surgery. Woke up late, got there 20 minutes late. I found out while sitting in the chair that they weren't going to put me to sleep. That freaked me out. Whole thing lasted about 20-30 minutes.

When I left, I was like, "Wow. That wasn't so bad. I'm not even in any pain!"

Not until I got home, and it hit me. I'm a little swollen right now, on my right side. The upper right tooth is just KILLING me. Ice really helps. The gauze's pissed me off and gave me headaches. The pills don't do me any good.

I was wondering, I'm having the stitches removed next Wednesday. Will I be able to eat normally until then, and function like I used to? Also, does it hurt when you get stitches removed. I would imagine so, but would hope not.

Re: Just Got My Wisdom Teeth Removed

I had bottom two removed by an oral surgeon because they were impacted, but not put to sleep either.

They said it wasn't necessary and so insurance wouldn't cover... so I thought how bad could it be if it wasn't necessary. The Dr. was great. I'm not too sensitive to novocain so I could feel a lot, but he was quick.
    Gave me Vicodin, but it didn't do a thing for me. Had them pulled in the morning... rest of day was bad, next day sore still, but better, and after that was good unless i talked to much.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I can't really talk, or open my mouth too much. I'm really sore, swollen. In pain. Can't eat. Can't sleep. Constant headaches. Wondering about the stitches still.

You know, it feels like my teeth have been shifted. When I bite down, it feels like my teeth sit on each other wrong. Is that my imagination, or what? It really bothers me.

Comment

Hmmm, well, I was put to sleep for ten minutes when they did mine. I was drowsy the rest of the day (and the pills helped me). You MAY be fine tomorrow, maybe not. My parents love telling me the story that they got their wisdom teeth removed the same day (actually, my DAD loves telling me the story) and my dad was eating hamburgers two hours later and my mom was still eating mushy foods two weeks later. It depends on the person. Hopefully by tomorrow, you will be fine. ...Did you ask the oral surgeon about any of your concerns?

Comment

I dont remember feeling like my teeth shifted, but i wouldn't worry about that now.
          Dont try to eat. They didn't give you a care package? A squirty thing (lika a syringe almost) to clean and gauze? My kit included a can of Ensure as well. You shouldn't be trying to eat. Either get something in liquid for like Ensure or only eat like applesauce or mashed potatoes.

And of course it hurts to talk... dont do it! Just lay down and read, watch tv, etc or go to sleep if you can.

I don't remember if I had to get stitches out or if it dissolved... I think I had to go back for him to take a look, but not sure about the stitches. If he needs to removed them, I don't think they'll hurt.

Experiences are gonna vary though... On one side, for me the tooth was a lot closer to my jaw so I had waaaay more pain on that side than the other. It's not gonna we worse than it is now though. Just follow whatever instructions he gave and don't suck! Don't want to get dry sockets (I think that's what it's called) because I hear that's pretty unpleasant.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I had the bottom 2 and the upper 2 removed (against my will) a few years ago, before I started wearing braces. My orthodontist (did I spell it right???) recommended an oral surgeon who was a friend of his...the guy was totally nuts...while he is extracting my teeth, he and his assistant were reanacting Poltergeist...he kept calling his assistant Caroline and he would sometimes scream out of nowhere and there was nothing I could do or say because I had one of those "thingys" that keep your mouth wide open...when he was done, I asked him if he was always like that and he said he was trying to keep me "relaxed" by distracting me, so I wouldn't think about what he was doing. I left his office thinking that he needed psycological help, but when I home and looked in my mouth, I understood why he wanted to distract me...apparently you get one tooth removed at a time, so then you're not so sore after the anesthesia's effect is over, I got all 4 removed at once and I looked like a zombie...my cheeks turned ppl, as if they were bruised and it looked like I had a potato in my mouth, so swollen it was...for 9 days I couldn't chew anything...I only ate soup...through a straw...

Comment

They only gave me gauze and ice. The gauze feels uncomfortable, and gave me headaches, so I gave up on it. The ice helps a lot, though. I don't know what else to do. I'm hungry, but I'm not eating. All I'm doing is drinking whatever I'm drinking through a straw. How do you get dry sockets? Tell me so I won't do that.

Comment

ok....I am not a dentist (must be mentioned for legal reasons)

1) don't go late to appointments
                2) you should have asked all these questions from your health care provider and not rely on an internet forum for advice.
                3) DON'T SMOKE OR SUCK ON STRAWS
                4) expect more pain on the second day after the procedure
                5) if you have dry socket (rare) nothing can be done about it anyway. Nobody knows why it happens.

Hope this helps
                p.s. take a lot of advil
                Last edited by alphacarbon; 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Don't use a straw... I remember specifically being told not to do that. I think you'll prevent it from healing or something. The wound needs to clot and heal. So when you're washing, rinsing, whatever... avoid sucking because you'll suck out the forming blood clot.

Comment

my mates who all have taken theirs out had extreme pain for weeks i mean pain pain pain lol i hope yours isnt like that

thats why iam scared to take mine out and what happens if i dont ? could someone please tell me

thanks

At BMJ, we create evidence-based subscription-based tools and resources that help clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
                    Last edited by Ari; 07-12-2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X