Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

All In a Days Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All In a Days Time

Do your days consist of the same repetitive pattern? What takes place from the moment you open your eyes to the time you close them?

Monday to Friday. I wake up every morning at 7AM. I make myself some tea or coffee depending on what I want and take a shower and get dressed. I usually listen to the radio and get ready for work @ 8:30. I go to work and eagerly await 12:00 to go for lunch. I go upstairs listen to the radio again and clean if I think my apartment needs it. Go back to work. 5:00 is home time. I run upstairs and usually cook dinner and you guessed it! Listen to the radio yet again. I go the gym Mondays, Wednsdays and Fridays at 7:00 for an hour, on the other days I am usually at my mothers. I come home, get my bed ready and go to bed. I do the same thing over and over. And on weekends I sleep in late get up and go to my mothers. I dont go out to the bars anymore, I dont see the point. I think they are demeaning to be honest. But I am eagerly awaiting halloween to go out. A bunch of my friends and family are going. Pirate theme and all. Yes, I still can get excited about Halloween. Anyways, how about you. What does your days consit of?
    Last edited by sad_eyes; 09-20-2006, 08:45 AM.

Re: All In a Days Time

wow, sounds downbeat. try to find something that captivates you and makes you happy, it sounds like you are not happy right now. You dont seem to have a passion for anything. anyway, correct me if im wrong.

my days are pretty cut and dry, wake up, either convince myself not to go to class or actually go, eat, workout, talk random crap with people for hours, and listen to hours upon hours of music, whether blasting in my room or on my ipod. Naturally i have no time left for schoolwork. Throw in the occasional shift of work.

Weekends, sleep late, wake up, do laundry, eat, eat again, workout, shower, get together with friends and go out, try to find a decent party for an hour, usually end up at a xxxxty frat party, with xxxxty music, where most people would rather throw balls across a table over and over rather than dance or do something else productive. avoid extremely drunk idiots, and occasionally extremely drunk girls who cant control themselves and like to puke on other people. sleep, dream about being in NYC, wake up feeling xxxxty. Repeat cycle.

Comment

sad, my day is exactly like yours, except take out lunch on most days, remove cooking dinner, remove cleaning apartment (yikes), remove going to mothers (ehh), lately remove gym, and definitely remove halloween (you kidding me).

add, and this is curteousy of Tigran, talking and doing lots of random crap

There's a period of life, namely after childhood and before having your own family and children, when life is both meaningless and quite repeatative. Except for the lucky ones with really exciting and meaningful jobs, which usually means they have to sacrifice in other areas. I think though that as most things in life, such periods of "emptyness" have their use and cosmic reasons.

Comment

A Day In The Life of One-Way.

Monday, I wake up at 6:50. Get ready for work and need to be in by 8. 30-40 minute drive, that's why I wake up so early. I work until 6pm, then I'm at home around 7. Don't do much because I'm usually too tired.

Tuesday, I wake up at 9:30, because I have class at 10:15. It's a Computer class, so fortunently, sometimes we don't even have class. That class lasts until 11:30. Then I go home and stay there until 3:30, because I have class at 4:10. I get out of those classes around 9pm. Then I usually go back home, or go to my cousin's house, who has that last class with me.

Wednesday, same as Monday. Work.

Thursday, same as Tuesday, except no morning class. I can sleep in until 3:30. It's my only real day off.

Friday, same as Mon/Wed. Except, I usually end up going out at night. Come home around 12-1, sleep, and get up at 6:50 for work.

Saturday, get up for work. I get off at 5, instead of 6. I usually end up going out, and partying a little harder than Friday. Come home around 1-2. Sleep for work.

Sunday, get up at 7:50, because I open at 9 on Sunday's. Work until 4pm. Then, I usually go home to rest, or go to a family member's house, because we all usually get together on Sunday's.

So, no real, official, day off.

Comment

*blinks numbly at replies thus far*

WOW!! I'm LOVIN' my life right now.

RIGHT NOW: M-F: Get up at 0715, drive to work, usually doing my hair and picking up breakfast on the way. At work, do data entry or whaterver (temp, 2nd time with this company) while listening to the internet through my headphones (Music in the mornings, Conservative Talk in the afternoons), wait until 1330, 1340 to go to Jimmy John's to pick up lunch. Bring lunch back to my desk (Right now a table in the boss' office) and eat while I listen to radio/work. Drive home while either listening to radio or make calls. Get online once I get home. MAYBE eat. Shower. Go to bed (times vary).

Weekends: Typically drive out to Joliet. (Friends) -- Saturday (though, I could also go to Indiana or a few other suburbs out here)
          Church Sunday.
          TYPICALLY every other Sunday I go to a church close to my Great Grandma's church so I can go over there after Mass for the Armenian Lesson ().

Intermittent in all this is dishes, laundry, cleaning the litter boxes, & cooking. I love what I am doing in my life and where I am, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.

Life is good.

Comment

My life follows a basic school routine, except with Fridays off... Basically, I finish school not earlier than 5:30, and 2 out of 4 days I have to wake up early enough to attend my 8:30 classes, so I just say fk it, I'll wake up early the whole damn week.

By doing so, getting to school on days that start later become more relaxed, as I have more time to go about random things in the morning. I like biking to school sometimes too (takes 45-60 mins), and it gives me a sense of adventure, although sometimes it gets kinda dangerous. Also, on Mondays, I have a 3 hour break, and that puts a spin on my day because either I can use it for playing CS source at the nearby internet cafe, or can go to a music shop 30 minutes away by metro (subway) and play something from a wide selection of guitars... or any other activity I can come up with.

Since I have my fridays off, I use them for my weekly piano lesson, which historically, for me, has screwed all my weekends as they were the only time I could go to them before this semester. Now, my weekends are free and what I do then ultimately depends on friends and family...

I'm not complaining, at least it doesn't feel too much like a routine.
            Last edited by jgk3; 09-20-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

M-F up at 6:30am I have to go between 2 dif campuses. We'll call them 1 and 2.

M - 7:30 Campus 1, work in my office. 12:30 head to Campus 2 for class at 1:30 til 2:30 usually, but there's occasionally an extra lecture right after. Go to Campus 1 or stay til waaaay later (see note at the end).

T - 7:30 Campus 1 working in my office probably doing the last minute reading for my 9:30-12:30 seminar. At 12:30 head to Campus 2 for class 1:30 til 2:30 and like Monday, there's sometimes an extra lecture.

W - 7:30 Campus 1, no classes, but office hours in the morning. Working in my office all day.

R - 8:00 Campus 2 - Torts 9:30-10:45, head to Campus 1, do last minute reading 11-12:30 for seminar from 12:30-3:30. Alternating weeks I either have a lab meeting from 4-5pm or a program meeting (brownbag) from 4:30-6pm.

F - 8:00 Campus 2 - Torts 9:30 - 10:45, dif class 11-12pm, then head to Campus 1, work in my office til 5 or 6pm.

Now, most days wherever I am, I head home around 6, relax a bit, eat, and then head to campus 2's library at 7 and stay until about 10pm-11:30pm. Sometimes as late as 12:30am if I need to.

Sa- Sleep in until 10-11, then head to Campus 2 library around 12pm and stay til about 7pm.

Su - Sleep til 10ish, do some laundry, and go to library again from about 12pm - 10pm.

While I sleep, I have nightmares about having to do this forever.
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Monday - Thurs

6:00 wake up, wash up, make tea eat something fast.
                6:45 leave the house to go pick up carpool buddy and drive to school.
                8:30 arrive at school
                9:00 - 12-15 class then lunch break.
                1:30 studying which usually leads to either 6, 7, or 8 pm depending on the day, but then I take off and spend another 35-45 minutes on the freeway. I usually get home

Friday - Sunday

8:00 wake up usually. Usually consists of gym, then either cleaning or doing some errand, and then studying another 6 hours or so.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

HA...my life right now is a joke and I'm laughing at it...

M-F

7:30am, get dressed, check my e-mail (I do that every single morning, religiously), pack my lunch and dinner and if I have time (mostly I don't), I eat breakfast.

3:45pm, I get off of one work and head out to another. I normally get home around 10:00pm, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later. I take my shower, play my games (PS2 or PC) or watch TV til' 11:00pm (for my own sanity) and then I go to sleep.

Most of my weekends I work overnight, so I leave one work at 4:00pm on Friday and spend the whole weekend at another work til Sunday night or sometimes til Monday @ 6:00am.

Ocasionally I have a day off (my last one was Labor Day and my next one will be October 7th), but I don't complain, because it's my choice to be a workaholic.

At the end of the month my classes will start and I have no clue how I'm gonna manage to attend it, since I don't plan on dropping any of my current jobs. I guess I'll figured it out when the time comes...hehehe

Comment

Wow. It seems as if you never have a moment of free time. I envy that myself. I like to keep myself busy with anything possible. Especially with sewing, that is quite time consuming. I have been meaning to get a second job as well but havent really gotten around to doing so. I used to work three jobs but eventually I threw all that away to work at a Diamond Camp for 12 hour shifts (7:00 in the evening to 7:00 in the morning) for 2 weeks straight and then fly back into town for 2 weeks off. I enjoyed it as I was always busy but now....I have wayyy to much time on my hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X