Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Stephen King sux ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen King sux ...

Yeah I said it ...

He is seriously a dunce imho ... and for one thing more so than anything else, but it's this one thing that just makes me think he must be just as stupid in all other areas of his thought processes.

Anyway in case you guys don't know it Stephen King HATES, or dislikes with a passion, Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining. Seriously he hates it ... so much so that he had the other mini series made for TV so a version would exist that was based more closely on his book. Actually he does that a lot as he won't allow his "artistic integrity" a moments rest to allow his ideas to be able to condense into a different medium, namely cinema. He thinks nothing can be left out from his original work and unless the film version is taken word for word from his book then it's crap. What a jerk.

To illustrate my point look at how many mini series he has had created in order to make sure everything was done EXACTLY the way he wanted it ... I suppose in his rider he writes in that a big bowl of brown M&Ms must be provided everyday by a midget who refers to him as master and commander.

Anyway here we go ...

"The Stand" - 8 hour mini series that sucked. Actually that story is SOOO unoriginal ... I mean the struggle of good and evil after the relative end of humanity? Sound familiar? Like Revelations?? What a loser

"It" - 4 hour mini series. Clowns scared the hell out of me as a kid but this story makes me sleepy at best and bored the rest of the time.

"Salem’s Lot" - This was made into a mini series TWICE! The newest version is 4 hours long and is campy as can be.

"Desperation" - 3 hours but in a single night whoo hoo!! Big whoop

"Storm of the Century" - 6 hour mini series ... his first. **tear**

"The Shining" - like I said before it's a 6 hour enormous waste of time. After watching it it's no wonder why Kubrick, understanding the medium of film, condensed the story into a much better story overall. Probably what bugs King to this day. He can't understand why nobody gets scared in his long winded versions of his books ... DUH cuz that's how a book should be OCD'ed into a translated film and NOT what actually makes a good film! Leave the artistic medium of cinema to those who truly understand its subtleties (read: not a writer) in order to elevate you to a higher standard. Let’s face it Kubrick shot a scarier film than what Stephen King had initially written.

"Kingdom Hospital" - Not even his own original story and he STILL managed to get ABC to allow 15 1hr episodes!!! Supposedly worse than Twin Peaks.

"Rose Red" - 4 hours of pure crap. I watched this whole thing thinking I was actually going to be scared and was I? Not in the least amount ...

"Golden Years" **yawn** 4 hours again.

Ok so those are his miniseries to date and 90%-100% suck yet he's such a jerk he still is incapable of relinquishing his creation to another artists interpretation. When it did happen he threw a conniption fit that has far outlived Stanley Kubrick's life!! Hmm Stanley Kubrick vs. Stephen King on an artistic level ... imo Kubrick wins every time. He actually was a genius and not a crap novel churning out machine.

The fact of the matter "The Shining" is the only Stephen King novel I've read and in all honesty Kubrick does it justice! Of course he left major, boring, parts out ... he was making a movie not writing a stupid novel!! They are two different things which Stephen King has never figured out or even tried to accept as the above evidence illustrates.

Anyway had to say this as he's getting on my nerves to the point that the idea that he might have anything to do with the writing of LOST makes me want to never watch that show again. He also has his stupid column in the back of Entertainment Weekly now and then which is where his talent truly lies. In writing blurbs for periodicals ... hope he sticks to that. Dunce …

Comments?

Re: Stephen King sux ...

I have never read his books. As for adaptations, I've seen Carrie, It, Misery, The Shawshank Redemption and The Shining. They were all fairly enjoyable. I don't give a rat's ass if he didn't like Kubrick's film; I thought it was great.

So what do you think of Dean Koontz?

Comment

When did you hear Stephen King is going to have anything to do with Lost! Jesus, let's hope not.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

He didn't like the movie version of The Storm of the Century????? OMG what a jerk...that was the best movie ever! I can never forget "Give me what I want and I'll go away..." hehehe LOVE Mr. Linoge!

As for him having to do anything with Lost, I guess it's just it's just media crap, since he has not contributed to anything related to the show...

Stephen King is an American author best known for his popular horror novels, many of which have become bestsellers. Ever since the Lost producers mentioned King as an influence during Season 1, there have been many speculative connections of King and his work to the world of Lost. These rumors have become a very controversial and puzzling aspect to the show after the introduction of the Others, specifically Ben, in Season 2. In October 2005, King signed with Marvel comics to write an expanded ed

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          When did you hear Stephen King is going to have anything to do with Lost! Jesus, let's hope not.
          According to Mr. King he has a had several "writers meetings" with the creators as Stephen King is a huge LOST fan, and surprise surprise the creators are huge Stephen King Fans. So because he has to weasel his way into anything he finds interesting Mr. king writes in Entertainment Weekly about LOST, he gets his books featured in the show, there are rumors he has been a ghost writer for more than a few episodes **barf** and in general has made sure that he has planted himself into the show as much as he possibly can ...

Anyhow hope that doesn't ruin the experience for you but be warned he will ruin this series like he has to all of his own if given half the chance. Just can't leave well enough alone can he?

Oh and Tom Dean Koontz is much better imo ... why don't they turn his works into movies? I bet stinky Mr. King snubbed him out of the market!

Oh and just to show I actually DO appreciate some things Mr. King has created, well I obviously like The Shining, The Lawnmower Man, The Running Man, his contribution to Tales from the Darkside, Cats Eye, Children of the Corn, The Dead Zone, Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and Stand By Me were good but I'm talking horror here so forget the mystic tales he wrote, Misery is a very good movie, Sleepwalkers SUCKS, Carrie is not even scary but cool in a vengeance state of mind, Cujo is crap, and Christine is aiight. So he HAS created some really good stories but the ratio of good to bad imo is completely out of balance. I just think he’s a few marbles shy of a full set because he dislikes Kubrick’s The Shining …

Oh and he wrote Apt Pupil which is a rip off from an old Orson Welles movie “The Stranger” … I’m sure he borrows whenever he can that’s one I know of. Even his segment from Tales from the Darkside is either a Lovecraft or M.R. James short story originally … I can’t remember. Believe me when I say he wasn’t the first writer in the history of literature to write a scary story surrounding a black cat.

Thinner, The Night Flier (really stupid), oh geez just go to his Imdb profile and you can see all the crap he’s involved himself in over the years

Down with Stephen King!!

Comment

Working...
          X