Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

UCLA Taser incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCLA Taser incident

Hahahahaa ... you are complaining about cops giving you a seat belt ticket? Then you COMPLETELY missed what I was saying about Iran.

At least there is a LAW about seat belts Now if you want to argue the validity of the seat belt law or its enforcement, then by all means, YOU feel free to make a separate thread
    Last edited by Sip; 11-25-2006, 07:36 PM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

I hope these guys get fired and are never again employed in any law enforcement position. I also hope something similar to what happened to this student happens to Sip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
        I have NEVER been in a situation to be tased by cops and I never will be ... especially through my 10 years at UCLA. Anyone who wants to claim cops are going around places like UCLA just looking to use their tasers on students is just ignorant. That was neither the place nor the time to make a political "statement" either so don't try to tell me he had some "political" motives to get into a scuffle with fricking library security.

Yah if he had been out there protesting some foreign policy (in the form of civil disobedience for example), I would certainly understand. But refusing to leave a library when asked to and failing to provide adequate ID? Paaaaaalease! I think they should expel him from UCLA all together (if he in fact is a student).

Ironically enough, if he had pulled that shit back in Iran, "tasering" would have probably been the best scenario that might have happened to him (assuming he lived to talk/bitch about it).
        You know, I agree with you partially. In my time at UCLA I have never come across the security or the cops to have been a-holes or what not, but if this guy was already leaving, to apprehend him was excessive. On top of that, if he was already handcuffed and then they tazed him, that is also excessive.

Oh yea, and this is not Iran so that analogy won't fly Sips.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Either way, the taser was completely unnecessary. I've been in a situation where security guards let their 'power' goto their head, and it's very annoying, especially when the adrenaline rushes in, testosterone takes over, and the inevitable fight breaks loose.

Comment

Re: Life Lessons

Originally posted by Sip
            Siggie, I don't know if you have seen the video or not but he was asked many many many times to leave and he was just being a complete prick about it. Just a typical spoiled persian with the sense of entitlement and the arrogance and audacity to complain about the "system" when he is there taking full advantage of it (UCLA is full of them). I'd like to see him go back to Iran and then refuse the explicit instructions of the police.
            You can't see much in the video, but from the articles, it appeared that he did refuse several times which is why I said there's no question he acted like a moron. However, according to the witness statements he had realized that if he didn't leave he'd be arrested and had his backpack on his shoulder and was walking out when an officer (Durden I think) grabbed his arm.
            Whatever his reasons were for refusing in the first place, sense of entitlement or misplaced release from stress, etc ... He was wrong for not producing his ID and if he didn't have it that was his own fault. Whatever he did though is not an excuse for being tasered repeatedly.

And stop comparing to Iran and saying he should go back there. He's a US born citizen of Iranian descent. He doens't anywhere to go "back" to. And seriously, complaining about the system when he's there taking advantage of it? C'mon hopefully everyone appreciates the educational opportunities here, but he earned his admission and paid tuition to be there.

What you should do is forget who he is because you seem to have some bias against Iranians and then think about whether the situation was handled the way it was.

Mouse - I don't think any jury would have a problem deciding that the force used was not reasonable given the situation. He'll probably settle, but he's definitely got a case.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I don’t know why you call him a looser but the cop who chose to taser him seemed to me a bigger looser( as some said his resistance was stupid but didnot deserve to be tasered)… However I agree with you, had he shown the same resistance towards the Iranian police, he would have seen the same behavior not in front of every body but in a dark corner of Evin(a prison in Tehran) but what is the difference between Iran and the united states of America, if there should be any?
              Last edited by ARK; 11-26-2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X