Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The forum is dying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, thank you. I am available for bar mitzvhas, birthdays, weddings, etc, etc. 8)

Emil

Comment

I wonder if the forum is dying because of someone complaining we are "insulting" thus making ac step in and put limits on the forum. I mean we all insulted each other but I never took it seriously, it was like a nice forum joke, and we had more content.

Strangely enough we were introduced to the horrible world of chat room foruming by the same person who complained to ac about our bad behavior. I don't mind regulating but I hate double standards.

Perhaps Armenians just don't dig forums, they rather chat and stick to profiles since foruming takes too much of a brain anyway, right? Why waste energy and mind making a post when you can just as easily post "asl" or "you look cute hit me up"?

So the fate of the forum is really dismal and if I could bet I would bet for its demise since that's what its heading to. Chat room style foruming plus lack of creativity and substance contribute to such outcomes.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        I wonder if the forum is dying because of someone complaining we are "insulting" thus making ac step in and put limits on the forum. I mean we all insulted each other but I never took it seriously, it was like a nice forum joke, and we had more content.
        Hence the reason we are all Republicans at heart. You admitted to your dislike of authoratative intervention the same way a coservative, Republican who believes in the intelligence and prosperity of capatilism. With the government getting involved the free flow of ideas, business, and money become crippled. This happens in business, and it has just happened in our forum. The intervention of ac has crippled our exchange of ideas.

If you are truly democrat like most of you claim to be, then you would love the ac intevening. He is making it more fair for other people who feel threatened by us. We are the 2% of the worlds wealth, or to look at it, 2% of the forum, and we dominate the forum. Therefore, with the democratic philosophy in mind, ac intervened to limit our content so it would be open to other forumers. I havent seen boost in forum membership, which goes to prove democratic philosophies dont work.

I urge you all to be honest with yourselves and go re-register Republican.

Thank you. Thank you.

Comment

Most of you probably have never read the party platforms, I urge you all to do that. Read the dem and rep party platforms alike, if anyone is interested in information on all the party platforms, I will provide websites and links. Just holla, until then, I am surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo
            Hence the reason we are all Republicans at heart. You admitted to your dislike of authoratative intervention the same way a coservative, Republican who believes in the intelligence and prosperity of capatilism. With the government getting involved the free flow of ideas, business, and money become crippled. This happens in business, and it has just happened in our forum. The intervention of ac has crippled our exchange of ideas.

If you are truly democrat like most of you claim to be, then you would love the ac intevening. He is making it more fair for other people who feel threatened by us. We are the 2% of the worlds wealth, or to look at it, 2% of the forum, and we dominate the forum. Therefore, with the democratic philosophy in mind, ac intervened to limit our content so it would be open to other forumers. I havent seen boost in forum membership, which goes to prove democratic philosophies dont work.

Thank you. Thank you.
            NO sir, I believe my distaste with authority stems from my civil libertarian persuasion.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo

Thank you. Thank you.
              NO sir, I believe my distaste with authority stems from my civil libertarian persuasion.
              Next time I suggest you pay attention to my posts more carefully. I clearly said, "If MOST of you are democrat like you claim to be" NOT "If ALL of you are democrat." As far as party affiliation, you are slightly misguided, but acceptable. I look forward to seeing you at the CRP convention on September 12-14 in burbank CA.

Comment

Strangely enough we were introduced to the horrible world of chat room foruming by the same person who complained to ac about our bad behavior. I don't mind regulating but I hate double standards.
                the forum was dead WAAY before that...
                but thanx for giving me that much credibility lol
                thanx for thinking I'm so powerful I can change the fate of things forever
                HA!
                (by the way ... I'm back... I was at camp... I see things were out of control without my supervision...I'll try and make things better ASAP... 8) welcome barondants)

Comment

Camp?? I was hoping you were banished to hell.....drats ! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam

HA!
                    (by the way ... I'm back... I was at camp... I see things were out of control without my supervision...I'll try and make things better ASAP... 8) welcome barondants)
                    You obviously dont know what the word credibility means. He gave you credit, not credibility. You dont have any credibility. Go eat vegetables or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam

HA!
                      ...spoke the lady who invented chat room style foruming.

If anything like I said, the forum died because we couldn't make sarcastic or witty insults with our creative and intellectual posts and had to be banished to another forum to "flame" each other because someone complained, and because chat room style foruming took a toll on those of us who tried to keep the board intellectually stimulating as opposed to those who turned the boards into "turn ons" and "flirtacious sessions".

Come on folks, it's time to take responsibility for our actions.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X