Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

racism sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: racism sucks

Racism exists everywhere, Yes it is very shameful be we really cant do anything about it. Ive gone through it to like most people but Instead of responding to them & getting angry all you do is you ignore them & make them feel stupid & if they still dont get it then they need to real think about GROWiNG UP & GETTiNG A LiFE!
    If your a Left Handed person like me, you are truly unique.

Comment

Originally posted by IAY
      You are actually talking about preservation of culture, not "RACE." Preservation of culture is a legit issue. RACE is not. That might sound like a small issue, but it really isn't. We want to preserve culture--and all cultures, too (wouldn't you agree). God gave us all this amazing diversity of colors, thoughts, and beliefs. Let us preserve and celebrate it! AGREE?
      Oh really? Preserve just a culture somewhere in the outer space? I’m talking about the preservation of ARMENIAN culture, without ethnic Armenians, what would your so-called ‘culture’ be?

However if an Armenian woman marries a man from Kenya... that ADDS to the richness of Armenian culture. The kids learn both culures, and that is very GOOD!
      Didn’t you have another example? I highly doubt that you are an Armenian( from your posts overall) but anyway lezut papantsvi…

Comment

You expect everything to be equal while we are all surrounded by all kind of inequalities (not only racial). Just be honest with yourself, do you like Turks or Pakis (let’s suppose them a race)? I personally don’t.
        Why are you always trying to play the good guy? You are lying to yourselves and are in a big denial.
        It’s crystal clear that some cultures belonging to a certain group of people (read it race, ethnicity…) are superior to some others. If you can’t see that then you have no perception.

Comment

Իմ ծնողքս միշտ ինծի կ'ըսեն որ մենք (հայեր) պէտք է մեր ազգը եւ մշակոյթը հայ պահենք հայերու հետ ամուսնանալով, մանաւանդ Հայ Ցեղասպանութենէն վերջ:

My parents always tell me that we (Armenians) need to keep our race and culture Armenian by marrying other Armenians, especially after the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by IAY
            This is actually an interesting comment (versus nonsense hatred)...

You are actually talking about preservation of culture, not "RACE." Preservation of culture is a legit issue. RACE is not. That might sound like a small issue, but it really isn't. We want to preserve culture--and all cultures, too (wouldn't you agree). God gave us all this amazing diversity of colors, thoughts, and beliefs. Let us preserve and celebrate it! AGREE?

However if an Armenian woman marries a man from Kenya... that ADDS to the richness of Armenian culture. The kids learn both culures, and that is very GOOD!
            You just contradicted yourself. how do you preserve a culture if you intermarry and alter it? Also, won't the child be ethnically confused? (a.k.a. who will he identify himself as? an armenian or a Kenyan?) people can do whatever they want in the world but mixing of cultures is almost like destroying them. Elia that is why your parents tell you to not intermarry with other races. They want you and those that will come after you to remember who they are, where they are from, and to feel proud that they have come from such a great nation. it's not from racism it's from being proud of who you are and where you are from and wanting to preserve those feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeftyHye
              Racism exists everywhere, Yes it is very shameful be we really cant do anything about it. Ive gone through it to like most people but Instead of responding to them & getting angry all you do is you ignore them & make them feel stupid & if they still dont get it then they need to real think about GROWiNG UP & GETTiNG A LiFE!
              How does that work? Not caring and ignoring it just makes the offender think that it's ok to go around and be racist towards others. It's like a trouble making child. If you do not set him/her straight that what he/she is doing is wrong then that child will do it again and again. Ignoring it will solve nothing but, instead, will allow it to fester and grow. In this case, i am very guilty of not saying anything and i take full blame and responsability for it but i will make sure that it never happens again.

Comment

Դուն քեզի մի այպաներ Սեւ Զէյթուն: Դուն չէիր կրնար բան մը ըսել ապուշ մանուկին որովհետեւ յոգնած էիր եւ չէիր կրնար խօսիլ:

Don't blame yourself Sev Zeytun! You couldn't say anything to the stupid kid because you were tired and couldn't talk!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin
                  You expect everything to be equal while we are all surrounded by all kind of inequalities (not only racial). Just be honest with yourself, do you like Turks or Pakis (let’s suppose them a race)? I personally don’t.
                  Why are you always trying to play the good guy? You are lying to yourselves and are in a big denial.
                  It’s crystal clear that some cultures belonging to a certain group of people (read it race, ethnicity…) are superior to some others. If you can’t see that then you have no perception.
                  What do you mean some cultures are more superior than others? Every culture has something good and something bad about it and if one culture was so much better than all the others then why doesn't everyone join in that culture? why doesn't everyone just become American, German, or Italian ect.? It's not like it's going to harm them to change their customs and beliefs. is it? What you just said is the most bogus and illogical statement i have ever heard. i'm not kidding myself when i say that i am not racist and i think that it is you who is kidding yourself into believing that you are any better than other people , whether they are next to you or on the other side of the world, rich or poor, darker or lighter, man or woman.

P.S. when you pass away just like every other being on this earth what will you leave with? Nothing. It does not matter how rich or how poor you are or what ethnic group you are from because in the end everyone is the same.
                  Last edited by sev_zeytun; 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM.

Comment

What if the Kenyan becomes an Armenian? There are black Armenians from Ethiopia for example. They are Gregorian Christians. We should improve our ties with Ethiopia, they are potential allies.

Comment

^I guess... but I still think we shouldn't go as drastic as to marrying them, because we're trying to keep our culture...

Comment

Working...
                      X