Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

racism sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: racism sucks

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ
    What if the Kenyan becomes an Armenian? There are black Armenians from Ethiopia for example. They are Gregorian Christians. We should improve our ties with Ethiopia, they are potential allies.
    That's true. i remember, one time in glendale, we went to church for մայրամ աստվածածին որը and there was a black woman speaking armenian fluently. I guess the point that i was trying to make is that there is that 50% chance that the child will go either way but if there is no inter-racial marriage then the child will be more inclined to choose the particular ethnicity in which he or she is born into.
    Last edited by sev_zeytun; 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

^One time, at the Բարատոն, I saw an Asian speaking Armenian!

Comment

Yea its pretty cool. So instead of being so 'protectionists' let's try another way: make the rest of the world become Armenians!

Comment

Now that is interesting!!^^

@Elia: Was the guy you saw part-armenian???? In America it seems to occur often, that many armenians have as an example an American/... father/mother. Here in Europe it is a really rare thing.

One question to all of you: Do you make any differences between Diaspora Armenians or Armenians from Armenia??? I recognized that there are different groups in our church, which seem to exist because there are cultural differences between Armenians from different countries.
          I know this can't be called racism, but I think there are cases where some people are discriminated against.

What do you think???

Comment

Originally posted by sev__zeytun
            What do you mean some cultures are more superior than others? Every culture has something good and something bad about it and if one culture was so much better than all the others then why doesn't everyone join in that culture? why doesn't everyone just become American, German, or Italian ect.?
            Then why do you preach about the preservation of OUR culture if you don’t see something special and worthy in it? Why not marry a non-Armenian and enrich your culture with the other elements? You are constantly contradicting yourself...

how do you preserve a culture if you intermarry and alter it? Also, won't the child be ethnically confused? (a.k.a. who will he identify himself as? an armenian or a Kenyan?) people can do whatever they want in the world but mixing of cultures is almost like destroying them.
            Another contradiction… If you promote marrying an Armenian then you are kind of becoming racist, since it is an obvious discrimination towards every non-Armenian.

By the way,cultural characteristics are closely associated with a given race.
            Last edited by Lucin; 04-06-2007, 04:18 AM.

Comment

^Does that make me racist?

Comment

Lucin: For part one:
                I never said that there is nothing special or praiseworthy in it. I believe that different people prefer different elements of different cultures and, thus, join into that culture. i prefer the armenian cultures pluses to that of other cultures. If i liked the american culture that much more than i like the armenian culture then i can just go around and say that i am an american and disown being armenian in all ways.
                For part two:
                I have already told you my understanding of racism. i do not hate other cultures and ethnic groups. I just prefer my own and i feel that if we mix with other cultures too much then we will forget who we are and integrate into other societies. Example-- look at the americans. they started out as British, German, French, and other northern european peoples.They intermarried a lot and now they do not acknowledge themselves as those people but, instead they call themselves americans. i fear that the same thing might happen to the armenians if they intermarry too much.

Comment

Ես նոյնպէս կը կարծեմ որ աւելի լաւ կ'ըլլայ եթէ իւրաքանչիւր հայեր միայն կ'ամուսնանան ուրիշ հայերու հետ որովհետեւ եթէ շատ կը խառնուինք ուրիշ ազգերու հետ, հայութիւնը կը կորսուի:

I also think that it would be better if all Armenians only marry other Armenians because if we mix too much with other races, the Armenian race would be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by sev__zeytun
                    ... anyway, this american kid comes up to me and says "GO HOME B****" ...
                    Next time he does that, just tell him "you too." DONE.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther
                      Now that is interesting!!^^
                      One question to all of you: Do you make any differences between Diaspora Armenians or Armenians from Armenia??? I recognized that there are different groups in our church, which seem to exist because there are cultural differences between Armenians from different countries.
                      I know this can't be called racism, but I think there are cases where some people are discriminated against.

What do you think???
                      I do think that armenians in LA discriminate between eachother. Especially between hayastantsies, beirutsies, and parskahays. They all hang out in different social groups and, in many cases, make fun of eachothers accents and ways of speaking armenian.

By the way, for a 16 year old german-armenian you speak english very well. kudos to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X