Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Allow me to introduce myself, then maybe you can do the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to introduce myself, then maybe you can do the same

So I was informed that I quite abruptly sneaked into this forum world without so much as a peep about myself, and since I wouldn't want to offend anyone like that I guess I should introduce myself. Then maybe whoever else is on this forum can post a thing or two about him/herself as well and we can all be one big happy...oh whatever. Here goes.

i am 21 years old. i am female i live in the San Fernando Valley. i am Armenian (obviously). i grew up in Armenian schools and got my B.S. in Biology from USC this past May.

If I had nothing else to do (like my work at Caltech, more school in the future, family time, etc...) I would spend the rest of my life sailing, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, loving (), going to the beach, reading, eating good food, travelling, and keeping great company. That is, right after I found someone to Love, bought a yacht, ski's, a snowboard, and a library of great books and a big enough house to store them all in. The craziest thing I have seriously contemplated doing, and will do as soon as I have enough money, is skydiving.

My favorite quote, and one of the one's I try to live life by is...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream.Discover -Mark twain

More Info available upon request... byeeee
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Ok since you took that as an offense I'll respond. In no way was it meant to be in a negative way, but I guess you can't tell dry sarcasm on the internet.

I am 21 years old. I am a male. I live in Hollywood, California. I am Armenian ( obviously ). I grew up in non Armenian schools and I am working on my B.A. in History at UCLA.

If I had nothing else to do I would spend the rest of my life involved in mixed martial arts, painting, and occasionally getting high. As for the "Love" part, that is really sickening and once you get in a "Relationship©" all of that "love" stuff is made moot because they all turn into bickering, and chores, and just annoyance. And besides, most girls are attention xxxxxs so the guy would almost have to be on the phone ( more like forced to ), otherwise the girl would seek attention elsewhere. Hehehe.

And just so its clear, if the girl was really hot and sweet and intelligent, I wouldn't mind being on the phone so long as the girl does all the talking.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

hm

I didn't take it offensively. I just used what you said as a kind of opener. Anyway. i agree that when a relationship sucks it turns into bickering and other such not fun at all stuff... Not all girls are attention xxxxxs. and maybe if some guys knew how to be thoughtful things would be a lot nicer in the whole 'Love' thing you deem so sickening...
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Anonyxxxx and CKlahmajun fit well together. B.S. in History and Biology seem to always work in pairs. And they wonder why we call them Queens!!!

Comment

How many times have you used "Anonyxxxx"?

Come on now champ, you can be a bit more original.

I was hoping for something new.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Welcome to the forum ckBejug,

SpeakEnglishOrDie if you insult anyone in this forum one more time, i'll delete your account. There is a flamer forum for that.
            Welcome to the HyeClub Forum!

Comment

ahhhhhh
              how cuuuute!!
              both are 21
              one is a bruin, the other's a trojan...
              I smell a wedding!!!
              lol
              but I wonder why he hasn't mentioned where he works...
              hmmm
              guess it's nowhere like "Caltech" or UCLA or USC to be a show off about...

yeah what can we do... armos have allllways lived to announce!

Comment

Hi people,

I have been looking around in this forum for a while now.. since there is such a topic, i wanted to introduce myself to all forum members

I am from Adana, Turkey. I am a mix of Greek and Turkish. Two months ago i turned to 20. Currently i am studying Business in Singapore.

If i were filthy rich and got nothing to do, i would employ a scientist to help me create a time machine that will enable me to go to ancient Egypt. (I am deeply interested in ancient cultures. ) Or maybe i could devote my life to find out what all the religions want to tell.

If i were not rich but still had nothing to do, i would make some money and travel around the world, and understand people from different cultures. And maybe one day i could understand myself... ( my current goal)

Well guys, dont get angry that i am not an Armenian but became a member to this forum. I didnt know that you have to be Armenian to become a member... But anyway, my purpose of coming here was to find out what Armenian people are like in normal life... how they think and etc... I have some ideas almost about every country, but i realised i know NOTHING about Armenia and Armenian people.That felt ridiculous; we have some common history... My grandparents had Armenian neighbours, and my parents had some friends in school... But my generation knows nothing about our neighbour country, or those people in the past. (Now you are going to ask me about massacres, but truly, i do not know the truth exactly, hope one day this will be clarified [i got to know a scientist who is making an on-site search about it around southern Turkey, he promised to update me, well he found some mass graves and currently is making genetical tests to see when they were buried and their racial identities etc, i hope they are not Armenians]) I learned from my mum that there are Armenians still living in my home town, and that even some of our relatives are Armenian! but she told me not to ask them qestions, in case they might feel offended or discriminated.

I am sorry to bring up some issues that might upset you. But I didnt mean to...

Trying to find out about Armenians i found this forum and became a member...

Is this foreigner welcome in your forum? :?:

Comment

Yes you are welcome, but please do not follow in jahannam's footsteps of "chat room style foruming".

Its basically like chatting and most of us don't like it.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

disksoleil
                    your mom doesn't want you to ask armenians about the Genocide cuz she doesn't want you to find out what happened. she wants to bury that part of our past...
                    not cuz "armenians get offended when you ask them"
                    if anything, TURKS get offended... and they should!
                    and out of all the cultures in this world... I was wondering why you chose Armenians to research about!
                    I mean if you're THAT culture oriented, are you also a member of japaneseclub.com? or nigeriaclub.com?
                    just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                    X