Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Allow me to introduce myself, then maybe you can do the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baron Dants, i guess you are right... it is just that i did not expect to be hated in the beginning, it opened my eyes a bit. After all it may be normal eve. I will maintain my attitude just the same as i first post a msg, maybe all i need is patience for those who will judge me. At least i know that i am not guilty of anything against you people here. If my words or my messages are offending anyone, please just ignore it

Comment

Disksoleil,
      Allow me to ask you something. Are any of your friends or family aware of the fact that you have come to an Armenian forum in order to "learn" about Armenians? I mean, what good is your coming here establishing except for feeding your own hunger for knowledge (which I would call plain selfish)? If you want to learn about the genocide, go read a book. If you want to help us, educate other Turks.

Comment

diskosely u seem like a bad chick who got scratches all over her body, even ur icon looks very ugly something i wouldnt consider doing in it when im drunk so give ur self a favior go read a book or something

Comment

flame, right now, my mum knows about me being in this forum and some of my high school friends whom i still have contact with are aware...

My mum is sometimes asking me if i have anything new about this subject to tell her. However i cant talk deeply about the issue with her on the phone cos she is back in Turkey...
          My high schol friends and i discuss about it various times a week on some forum. One of my friends is so hot temepered that first he decided not to be friends with me, but now HE is curious also and asking me questions...
          I discuss about these with my boyfriend sometimes (he is not Turk), he has a neutral stand and interested to find out also.

These few weeks i will be extremely busy with my final exams, but as soon as they are over i will be getting to read the books i found on amazon. I will read three books authors vary; an book by some English, another by an American and, a book that compares the Jewish holocaust and Armenian genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by hyeclass
            diskosely u seem like a bad chick who got scratches all over her body, even ur icon looks very ugly something i wouldnt consider doing in it when im drunk so give ur self a favior go read a book or something
            Hyeclass that is a very interesting advice... perhaps it would be more useful if you would apply it to yourself. Especially if you spell "favior" the way you do. If I was in your shoes I would start with "Dr. Suess" or "The Cat in the Hat", something more of your level.

P.S. I have no doubts that you would respond with something profound in reply to this post. I only welcome your feedback.

Comment

anilev siktir exy ko het ova xosum??? vor hett xosam nor xosa incha amen ankap kez meches ktsum, ink ira hamar kara xosa, menak kmtasem vor shates sirum kez vor kfrtumem dra hamar meches engnum. inchkan kez mech ktses enkan avely shat kfrtotses utelu incha shates sirun hast klir dra hamar misht uzumes hets xo saktsutsan mech lines???
              KEZ AXCHKA PES PAHY YETE KEZ CHEM KFRTUM MECH MI MTY TE CHE DU AVELY SHATES UTEL

THATS WHAT IM THINKING

Comment

Re: Allow me to introduce myself, then maybe you can do the same

Hello everybody. I understand that we have to say what school we attend. Sorry, I am rather too long in the tooth for that! If you really want to know any boring details about myself you can look at my webpages as detailed in my profile.
                I joined this forum to enquire if anyone has written or seen any theses concerned with social stereotyping of Armenians in the days of the Roman Republic.

Comment

Re: Allow me to introduce myself, then maybe you can do the same

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                  Hello everybody ... I joined this forum to enquire if anyone has written or seen any theses concerned with social stereotyping of Armenians in the days of the Roman Republic.
                  Welcome, there are many members that are "bookish" on Armenian history. Personally, from my readings of on Armenian history, Armenia (in antiquity) was a kingdom that Romans and Persians fought over, in general, the upper class were Romanized/Hellenized, while the lower class were not (i.e. "Partian body, Roman crown"). From my understanding, I would think the perception of Armenians was the same as any of the people that were forced to live under Roman rule, but I think in the case of Armenians, the Romans had a high esteem for them because they were culturally refined (easier to control and administrate) and also, they were fierce warriors and brilliant military strategist (i.e. good understand of horsemen ship, sophisticated military technology, and etc ...). You have to understand, the Romans were not in business of leveling towns and civilizations, they were in the busines of empire, Armenia was already a well established kingdom, they had working government, so, for the Romans, I would think they would not consider them "barbarians" and would be more than happy to absorb them into the empire precisely becuase Armenia would be a asset versus a liability (i.e. trade outpost, commerce engine, taxes, and etc ... ). But really, history holds a bias, so I may be wrong.
                  Last edited by Virgil; 02-24-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X