Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patlajan But not you, you are enlightened and know above all. And stop interjecting stupid stuff about eggplants, I guess it is my turn to say something about a mouse. You bore me so.
    Well, one can also argue that I myself am a victim of some other mind control. I never said I'm an exception. Why did you assume? I am confident to question my own beliefs and dogmas that I reside with. You're not, thus youre an eggplant.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Well, one can also argue that I myself am a victim of some other mind control. I never said I'm an exception. Why did you assume? I am confident to question my own beliefs and dogmas that I reside with. You're not, thus youre an eggplant.
      You've questioned none of your own crap. You are lying to yourself. Thus you are a mouse. Now go run along the walls and try to dig up some cheese.

Comment

moog and bademjan (smpoog for all u pure armos)

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan moog and bademjan (smpoog for all u pure armos)

So, what should be the place and role of church in our society ?

Comment

at most charity work, and thats only if they dont show that theyre working as church people.

REligious buildings should only be used as museums, or converted into homes for hobos

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan You've questioned none of your own crap. You are lying to yourself. Thus you are a mouse. Now go run along the walls and try to dig up some cheese.
              I questioned my belief in God, went from an atheist, to an agnostic, to again a believer. That sounds like questioning to me. My guess is that if you had a brain, it would just be another part of your body that smelled like rotten eggplant.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse I questioned my belief in God, went from an atheist, to an agnostic, to again a believer. That sounds like questioning to me. My guess is that if you had a brain, it would just be another part of your body that smelled like rotten eggplant.
                Thereby standing for nothing because it is more convinient. When standing for nothing you can critisize everything safely, because you are a cowardly mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan Thereby standing for nothing because it is more convinient. When standing for nothing you can critisize everything safely, because you are a cowardly mouse.
                  One moment before I respond, please.....

I need to I find a Gibberish Translator.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan at most charity work, and thats only if they dont show that theyre working as church people.

REligious buildings should only be used as museums, or converted into homes for hobos
                    Ok, I'm not talking about buildings, actually i don't care the buildings. I'm talking about religion and society.
                    Since religion need to survive, it has to cope with the economical system in place. That is why we can see what is called "corruption" in this thread.

So, if religion or churchs have money, do you think it will solve the corruption problem ? How should react religion in the society ? Should it sustain the government ? (because i'm sure it gets money if so) Should it be absolutely apart of politics, which is not the case today ? Should it praise the wisdom even if the country decide to make wars ?

If it doesn't get money, how can it survive ? Alternative solutions ?

Comment

religion should not be apart of the government, state, laws, nor politics

we all have different beliefs, if you make religion apart of one big system, its not fair to the others who have other beliefs, this is the reason there is no religion in public schools etc etc. Because someone might get offended . Thats the basic difference between a public school and a private school, the religion that is preached on the kids etc. Private schools are free to do what they want, teach what they want etc opposded to a public school. So that is why most parents send kids to a private school so they can get a strong (catholic <-- for example) upbringing and knowledge about there religion etc. The education is no different, you can get the same level of education and benefits that a kid in private school does in public school with gate programes honors and crap.

Last edited by whitelotus; 01-18-2004, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X