Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by hrai View Post
    I'm no turkish slave.
    bravo!!!!!!!!
    i wish we had more of your kind.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      bravo!!!!!!!!
      i wish we had more of your kind.
      Armenians might be guilty of many things against themselves in the past under imense pressure but slavery and cowardliness was never one of them.......and if what you say is true and we are still who we are against all odds after everything that has happened then what it means is that we were never slaves or barbarians.........we were above that.

As you said, we are survivors...............if you consider us all slaves and helpless victims, then, you do not understand guys like hrai, and many others like him.

Our best is yet to come.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Thursday, August 6, 2009
        ON BIAS
        Two headlines grab my attention today:
        “Overreactions are a sign of insecurity,” and
        “Politicians should be held to a higher standard.”
        We are not who we think we are.
        Our enemies are not who we think they are.
        Neither are we who they think we are.
        And what we think is not what we really think
        but what we were brought up to think.
        What is history if not a tragedy of errors?
        Now then, go ahead and make dogmatic assertions.
        America has two faces: America the Beautiful and America the Ugly.
        God Save America and God damn America.
        Sarah Palin and Reverend Wright.
        This could be said of all nations, including our own.
        How to explain the smart, tough, savvy Armenian who turns into a sanctimonious prick when he speaks of his homeland?
        The answer must be, textbooks. Textbooks by nationalist historians in whose carefully edited words colonizers and imperialists are represented as benefactors whose central concern is civilizing (or is it syphilizing?) barbarians; aggressive wars are called defensive wars; terrorists are identified as freedom fighters; and the massacre of defenseless women and children as enemy propaganda.
        How to explain revolutions, civil wars, and internecine conflicts? That's a tricky one, but it can be done. One way to do is to see them as necessary and inevitable stages towards progress. If Hitler had won World II, the Holocaust would have been described as an act of sanitation.
        Children will believe anything, including Santa Claus, the Tooth Faerie, and a shower of golden apples after each tale.
        What happens when children grow up?
        Some never do -- if by growing up means giving up illusions.
        Speaking for myself, I loathe lies, liars, and propagandists. They are at the root of all intolerance, wars, and massacres.
        Self deception is not a blessing but a curse.
        Only after propaganda is seen as a crime against humanity may we have honest historians who will call a spade a spade. If this be an illusion, I like to believe it is a harmless one because its aim is to replace hatred with understanding and war with peaceful coexistence.
        #

Comment

Ara, Inchou Khojali-i masin mechperum genes meg keroghe me aytkan var zarnelov Hay deghamartgants ou Hay Fedayineroun yev sagayn vochinch agnargoutyun ches ener tatarnerou, aysinken aysorva "azerinerou" animanali yev ahavoror parparosoutyunneroun i hanteb polor mer Hay joghovourti zavagneroun, gineroun, dzereroun ou deghamartgants aveli kan tare me iver irents erads parparosoutyunneroun masin? Minchev Khojaleei badahare ( vore i-michi aylots Rous zinvornern en vor hartsageren "azerineroun" vera ) tatarnere aysinken "azerinere" Hay gineroun, bezdigneroun ou polor Hay martgants louys aravodov kazanayeen-oren ou vayreni-oren hartsagelov mahatsoutsin hazaravor Hayer 1988-en 1992 tevagannerou devoghoutyan Sumgaiti, Bakui, Gandzaki, Maraghai, Shamkhori, Shamakhi-i, Karintaki, Shushi-i, Hadruti, Getasheni, Berdadzori, Sheki-i, Voskepari, Zakatali, Chartakhli-i yev Shahoumiani mech.

Tatarnerou yev gam "azerinerou" ayt polor ahreli vayrenioutyunnere iprev artar mart ararads inchou penav ches khosir, kerer ou madnanesher adonts masin? Arants negadi arnelou te tou Hay mart gam Hay kerogh es; payts iprev artar khosogh yev artar kerogh mart ararads.
          Last edited by Anoush; 08-06-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
            Ara, Inchou Khojali-i masin mechperum genes meg keroghe me aytkan var zarnelov Hay deghamartgants ou Hay Fedayineroun yev sagayn vochinch agnargoutyun ches ener tatarnerou, aysinken aysorva "azerinerou" animanali yev ahavoror parparosoutyunneroun i hanteb polor mer Hay joghovourti zavagneroun, gineroun, dzereroun ou deghamartgants aveli kan tare me iver irents erads parparosoutyunneroun masin? Minchev Khojaleei badahare ( vore i-michi aylots Rous zinvornern en vor hartsageren "azerineroun" vera ) tatarnere aysinken "azerinere" Hay gineroun, bezdigneroun ou polor Hay martgants louys aravodov kazanayeen-oren ou vayreni-oren hartsagelov mahatsoutsin hazaravor Hayer 1988-en 1992 tevagannerou devoghoutyan Sumgaiti, Bakui, Gandzaki, Maraghai, Shamkhori, Shamakhi-i, Karintaki, Shushi-i, Hadruti, Getasheni, Berdadzori, Sheki-i, Voskepari, Zakatali, Chartakhli-i yev Shahoumiani mech.

Tatarnerou yev gam "azerinerou" ayt polor ahreli vayrenioutyunnere iprev artar mart ararads inchou penav ches khosir, kerer ou madnanesher adonts masin? Arants negadi arnelou te tou Hay mart gam Hay kerogh es; payts iprev artar khosogh yev artar kerogh mart ararads.
            How is it that you speak so much about the vanished libraries of Khojali attacking Armenian men of arms (btw; when it was in actuality the Russian soldiers that attacked the tatars "azeris" in anger) - as you say that it is written by this Fernando Bayez. Yet you say nothing of the barbarism of the tatars "azeris" for over a century when they constantly attacked, killed and mutilated Armenian little boys, girls, women and men? And how is it that you say nothing about the "azeris" barbarically attacking and killing thousands and thousands of unarmed Armenian women, children and civilians from 1988 through 1992 in Sumgait, Baku, Gandzak, Maragha, Shamkhor, Shamakhi, Karnitak, shushi, Hadrut, Getashen, Berdadzor, Sheki, Voskepar, Zakatal, Chartakhli and Shahoumian?

Never mind that you are an Armenian writer, never mind that you are an Armenian man; but as a just man and as a just writer; how is it that there is no mention whatsoever in your writings about the barbarity, the plunderings and the Genocide of the "azeri" pogroms towards Armenian civilians from 1988 through 1992?
            Last edited by Anoush; 08-06-2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Here's in Armenian from a book named "Badmoutyun Hayots" written and published from Venedig - Sourp Ghazar, about "Dikran Meds" (95-55)

DIKRANI NEGARAKIRE

Ourardagan sherchanen yedk, Hayasdani Takavoragan kahe yerpek che ounetsads Dikrani bes mege: Marmnagan keghetsgoutyan hed ge miatsenek hokegan partsroutyoun, kherokhd negarakir yev zinvoragan hanjar: Ir yerazn er Hayasdane Arevelki amenameds deroutyounn enel: Berdjanki yev kegharvesdi sirahar, pokhanag asyagan goshd parkeroun` hedevetsav hounagan nourp kaghakagertoutyan, sirets anonts arvesde yev hazarner qeri perav, ir baderazmnerov, zartarelou ir hayreniqn ou noragerd kaghaknere: An ge badganer mer Hellenaser Takavornerou ayn khoumpin` voronk irents morouke gadsileyin yev ge sireyin houna-hromeagan daraze yev sovoroutyounnere: Dikran Ardashes A.i serounten er:

Payts an ouner nayev asyagan ngarakir me, anoghok er, pernabed yev annerogh` nouynisg ir zavagneroun hanteb, vorontsme vomank ingan ir sourin dag:
              Last edited by Anoush; 08-06-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

The honored Saakashvili dictates anti-Armenian policy over 100,000 Armenians who are subjected to ethnic discrimination in the Georgian region of Javakhk. The same Saakashvili has favored Azerbaijan in regional matters, largely due to his enmity toward Russia.
                Although Armenians are majority of Samtskhe-Javakhk province, there are ZERO Armenians in local government of the province. Even the electoral areas are organized so that one small Georgian village elects one depurate, and 5-6 large Armenian villages together also elect one depurate…

Facts like this must be delivered to US and European bodies to that they are aware of things like that when they support Georgia as a “candle of democracy in Caucasus”…

If US and European bodies pay bigger attention to Javakhk, I am sure, Georgia will have to treat better the Armenians…

Armenians of US, you have better chances to deliver this to US organizations. Please help us to distribute the truth…

Comment

Friday, August 7, 2009
                  THEREBY HANGS A TALE
                  To those of my readers who mistake me for someone who is plotting the destruction of the Republic, I say: Relax, our beloved homeland is in the best of hands because for everyone who says what I say, there are at least a hundred, not counting speechifiers, sermonizers, and dime-a-dozen pundits, who say the exact opposite, for which reason they are compensated handsomely. Besides, my word carries as much weight as an ant's fart. And speaking of farts...
                  It is said of an old lady in the Soviet era who had the habit of farting in public and declaring to all and sundry: “They can shut my mouth, but they can't shut my arse.” And now – you guessed – a story about a wealthy Armenian merchant who is said to have hired the services of a notorious Kurdish bandit to take care (as we say in the underworld) of Raffi.
                  A minor digression here: If you think I am tough on Armenians, you should read Raffi. Compared to him, I don't even rate as a xxxxxcat. Raffi was a tough hombre who wouldn't take no sh*t from nobody, including bosses, bishops, and wealthy Armenian merchants whom he called “the worse scum on earth. (“Profit,” he said, “is their only homeland.”) If there are wealthy merchants among my readers, may I add: “Present company suspected.”
                  End of digression.
                  Well, naturally, one of these merchants, not being the kind that turns the other cheek, and wanting to get even with Raffi, he delegated the job to a Kurd with an impeccable reputation as a daring and fearless bandit, promising him an undisclosed amount of money.
                  But as the Kurd went about his business of casing the joint – namely, Raffi's domicile – he discovered to his astonishment that far from being a malefactor, his target was a totally harmless scribbler who spent most of his days and nights working at his desk. Being an honorable hitman, he therefore informed the merchant he was not up to handling the job because he did not relish the idea of adding the murder of an innocent and defenseless civilian to his résumé, or words to that effect; and advised the merchant to shove his money where the sun don't shine – if you know what I am saying.
                  Moral: You may rely on the honor of a Kurdish thief but, brother, after you shake hands with a benefactor, count your fingers.
                  A footnote on my sources.
                  As you may have guessed by now, I did not read this anecdote in Oshagan, Tololian, and Janashian (three of our most learned literary historians of the last century) but in a biographical study sent to me by one of Raffi's descendants (may she rest in peace) who asked me to read and return it. Which I did. As a result, I am sorry to inform you, I am in no position to give you chapter and verse. Feel free therefore to dismiss it as anti-Armenian propaganda.
                  #

Comment

Originally posted by Javakhk View Post
                    Although Armenians are majority of Samtskhe-Javakhk province, there are ZERO Armenians in local government of the province. Even the electoral areas are organized so that one small Georgian village elects one depurate, and 5-6 large Armenian villages together also elect one depurate…

Facts like this must be delivered to US and European bodies to that they are aware of things like that when they support Georgia as a “candle of democracy in Caucasus”…

If US and European bodies pay bigger attention to Javakhk, I am sure, Georgia will have to treat better the Armenians…

Armenians of US, you have better chances to deliver this to US organizations. Please help us to distribute the truth…
                    i never said what you ascribe to me.

Comment

i never said what you ascribe to me.
                      Sorry, the fragment of text about problems of Javakhk was not from your earlier posting?

Comment

Working...
                      X