Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Many people who grew up in America are brainwashed into thinking Isreal is the good side and the palastinians are the murderers by the media which is totally controlled by zionists. The fact is quite the opposite in reality. Ara may simply be one of the victims of zionist propoganda and in fairness to him it is not his fault he has been mislead like most others.
    palestinians and armenians share one important factor in common:
    they are double victims:
    (1) of foreign aggression, and
    (2) of their corrupt and incompetent leadership.
    to say otherwise is to engage in a sport that is popular to all losers: the blame-game.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      if they cannot contend, what's the use of contending?
      Well that part is easy to understand. These people have no future there and cannot leave either so they are stuck in a winless situation and rebel out of frustration even when they know nothing will come of it (it is human nature). Some decide well hell if my life is going to be like this then i would rather die and take a few of the ones who make my life hell with me (again makes sence). When in a hopeless situation for a long time it is in human nature to rebel even when you know you wont win.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

For someone who always wanted to raise children, for someone who always wanted a sexual mate, for someone who was curious and wanted to study, for someone who wanted to save their money... for all those people who would've been as happy as us if they were allowed to pursue these things, but instead were denied of the opportunity by a very overt foe...

...suddenly the more socially repressed desire of seeking and carrying out vengeance becomes more clear.

Even if vengeance doesn't lead to happiness, in a world where one feels trapped, victimized and unhappy anyway, a person (no different from you and I) might say, "I have nothing to lose anyway, they hurt me all the time, let me try to hurt them now."

If this person has an inherent desire for honour (to feel like he is serving the ideals of his social group), he might reinterpret this course of violence as serving this end.

And finally, if one has an inherent desire for power (to feel competent in one's skills, to manipulate others and impose one's own will on the world), his very society starts to become a gold mine, a ripe orchard of men who have nothing to lose, want a change, want to find a higher purpose or goal. And they will serve him so long as he carries out half his promises to them. And he will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
          palestinians and armenians share one important factor in common:
          they are double victims:
          (1) of foreign aggression, and
          (2) of their corrupt and incompetent leadership.
          to say otherwise is to engage in a sport that is popular to all losers: the blame-game.
          Well it's not the same situation though. Palastinians have no hope or future, their situation is very different and far worst then our own. Neither countries leadership is incompetent but they are influenced by greater powers, the big difference is that the palastinian leaders are influenced by their enemy-isreal while armenias leaders are influenced by their caretaker-ally russia. You can easily observe this difference by observing lets say the living standards in both countries. The living standard in armenia has been steadily improving for the citizens of armenia after the ceasefire while it has been going down hill for the palastinians. Isreals goal is to completely destroy the palastinian population and take whatever is left of their lands while russias goal is to build a strong wedgevs panturckism and a strong sphere of influence in the region through its ally. Armenia benefits from its leaders abiding by russias will while the palastinians are getting destroyed by their leaders abiding by isreals will. I feel i have explained myself adequetly here and i don't think you can say i am playing the blame game.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
            When it comes to the Palestine... There is definitely a persecutor there (we know who it is). However is there an 'innocent' victim..? I do not think so.

Now I understand Turkish logic (and justice).

When the victim dies without a fight then its an innocent victim.

When the victim decides to defend / fight back then stops being an innocent victim.

Of coarse this would be a subject to a historic commission who will decide whether the victim was equally guilty in the whole affair.

I think I heard this somewhere else.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

When the victim decides to defend / fight back then stops being an innocent victim.
              Haha, good comment.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Of coarse this would be a subject to a historic commission who will decide whether the victim was equally guilty in the whole affair.

I think I heard this somewhere else.
                My thoughts are not related to Turkish view on something.

Before 'defending' their lands, Palestine people SOLD those lands by politically and economically. They invited British there, they sold their lands to J'ews and when J'ews were fighting for freedom against UK; Palestinians sided with UK..

They did strategic mistakes; and for what purpose? Just to 'earn' more. And now, HAMAS and PLO fighting eachother.. LOL. Which part of it 'innocent' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post

Before 'defending' their lands, Palestine people SOLD those lands by politically and economically. They invited British there, they sold their lands to J'ews and when J'ews were fighting for freedom against UK; Palestinians sided with UK..

They did strategic mistakes; and for what purpose? Just to 'earn' more. And now, HAMAS and PLO fighting eachother.. LOL. Which part of it 'innocent' ?
                  Cannot confirm: Palestinians SOLD their land.

What I do know: when you buy land in a country you cannot claim sovereignty on that land, since you said J'ews were fighting for freedom.

I am pretty sure they couldn't have bought the West Bank since it was in the jurisdiction of Jordan.

The fighting between HAMAS and PLO has the "support" of Israel for obvious reasons.

PLO very corrupt organization now.

They even sold cement to the Israelis to build the new wall.
                  This high quality cement was supplied to them by Egypt at a heavy discount to rebuild their country, but was sold to Israel for a profit by PLO corrupt officials and nobody noticed, disgusting.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Yes, disgusting indeed. Once a Jerusalem-expert journalist said to me that high ranked PLO members could do anything for money.

Corruption, thats a good sum of the issue.

Comment

Monday, October 5, 2009
                      ARMENIAN TYPES
                      The white-haired elder statesman,
                      the mi-kich-pogh Panchoonie,
                      the apres-moi-le-deluge and
                      what's-in-it-for-me wheeler-dealer,
                      the loud-mouth charlatan,
                      the inbred moron who has assessed himself as a genius,
                      the phony pundit whose wisdom
                      is a figment of his imagination,
                      sometimes even recycled enemy propaganda
                      (remember our chic Bolsheviks),
                      the brown-noser,
                      and the grub-first-then ethics speechifier.
                      If I speak with some authority on all these types
                      it's because at one time or another I have been all of them --
                      all except the white-haired elder statesman --
                      my hair is black with only a shake of salt in them.
                      You begin to acquire a moral compass on the day you feel guilty about acts you committed without a single trace of remorse.
                      If some very smart men profess very stupid belief systems, it may be because the aim of belief systems is not to make sense but to satisfy a need, like hunger. The rest is propaganda.
                      God is one, but the lies spoken in His name are without number.
                      To simplify matters for the simple-minded, let us say there are kinds of people: (one) the brainwashed, and (two) those whose ambition it is to be a human being.
                      Most Greeks and Turks (probably the overwhelming majority) are neither Greeks nor Turks, only citizens of Greece and Turkey. As for my fellow Armenians, I will speak only for myself: On a clear day I can trace my ancestry all the way back to my father.
                      History seems to suggest that the most effective way to combat a Big Lie is with bigger lies.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X