Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nature of God

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymouse I still see no point with what you're saying. No one denies mathematics, and the logic of it. Of course applying it to anything else is arbitrary, such as measurements in meters or feet, or miles, etc., etc.

The point in what I am saying is addressing that statements such as "we have faith that we revolve around the sun" are ignorant and vacuous. If mathematics is above faith then so is applied mathematics. An opinion stating otherwise is misguided.

Comment

• It's amazing to me that you assert belief in a heliocentric solar system is faith-based in order to defend faith-based belief in an omnipotent deity that created our universe. Belief in a heliocentric solar system is backed up by far more than Kepler's equations. We have also placed probes in deep space that have photographed the phenomenon as occuring. Do there exist multiple photographic documents showing that an omnipotent deity created the universe? Does there exist incontrovertible mathematical proof that only the god hypothesis is capable of explaining the sum of our observation of the universe? Comparing the two is ridiculous, and if this is all you have, you may as well have nothing.

Comment

• You keep insisting the same thing when you do not know absolutely we revolve around earth, but have faith. Where do the numbers come from and how are they applied? Do you know that man has been on the moon? Do you know that the earth is round? Sure you've seen pictures and based on those you are placing faith in those pictures, in the government, and in those who took the pictures, that they are genuine. I'm only pointing out the absurdity of claiming you know something without using the human tendency of belief.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse You keep insisting the same thing when you do not know absolutely we revolve around earth, but have faith. Where do the numbers come from and how are they applied? Do you know that man has been on the moon? Do you know that the earth is round? Sure you've seen pictures and based on those you are placing faith in those pictures, in the government, and in those who took the pictures, that they are genuine. I'm only pointing out the absurdity of claiming you know something without using the human tendency of belief.
          In this sense you can question what you see with your very own eyes. There is an element of faith involved in accepting what you see as really happening. This arguement is meaningless because you are not achieving anything. It is all relative; relative to what we feel is reality. Like I said, 1+1 may not be 2, but in the way we perceive reality, it is.

Comment

• You just confirmed what I've been saying all along.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse You just confirmed what I've been saying all along.
              Not necessarily. I do not give it the credit you do. You have now accepted that there is no point in ever discussing anything because reality may be a dream. This is useless but if you feel that way then why do you bother posting? This is like that meaningless Selflessness thread where Arvestaked tried to convince everyone that selflessness did not exist. There is no point in arguing something like that because relatively speaking, it does.
              Last edited by dusken; 03-08-2004, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• So this is your new argument?

Human perception cannot be trusted to produce absolute knowledge, therefore the universe was created by an omnipotent deity.

Are you kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by dusken This is like that meaningless Selflessness thread where Arvestaked tried to convince everyone that selflessness did not exist. There is no point in arguing something like that because relatively speaking, it does.
                  Hey, crap sack, I never took sides in that arguement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arvestaked Hey, crap sack, I never took sides in that arguement.
                    True that. It was spiral and flames that postulated the non-existence of human altruism.

Comment

• My appologies. I will redirect my finger pointing to the concept itself because it does, in fact, relate to what is being discussed here.

Comment

Working...
                      X