Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by arabaliozian
    After calling me an “intellectual” and identifying me as a “mental masturbator” and a “scumbag,” some of my readers demand that I solve our problems. It doesn’t even occur to them that they may well be our most serious problem.
    Don't flatter yourself Mr. Ego, no one here asked you to solve any problems. As a matter of fact, you happen to be part of 'the' problem.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sunday, November 19, 2006
      Antonio Gramsci (1891-1937), Italian philosopher and dissident: “There are those who lament and others who curse. But no one, or very few, ask themselves, had I lived up to my responsibility as a citizen, had I done what I should have done, maybe what happened wouldn’t have happened.”
      When Orhan Pamuk mentioned the Armenian genocide in a recent interview, he was not being “a good Turk,” as defined by the regime in Ankara, but an honest man. And when we blame all our misfortunes on others, including the Good Lord (“we are what God made us”) we speak not as honest men in full possession of our faculties but as dupes of nationalist leaders whose first and most important concern is not to serve the people but to project the image of competent statesmen.
      And speaking of competence: It makes no difference how competent a right-wing (conservative) or left-wing (liberal) critic is, he will convince only his partisans. The same could be said about an Armenian or Turkish critic.
      What matters about a critic is not his love of country, or his commitment to this or that ideology or school of thought, but his honesty and objectivity. A critic without honesty and objectivity is not and cannot be a critic, only a propagandist.
      My analysis of the Armenian psyche is based on a close reading of our writers, beginning with Gregory of Narek (who at one point in his LAMENTATION identifies himself as “an abusive contradicter”), personal observations and encounters, and last but far from least, self-analysis. If I call some of my readers dupes, fanatics, and hoodlums it’s because I was all of these things. I at no time have said anything about my fellow Armenians that I am not prepared to say about myself. And when our dupes and hoodlums assume a morally superior stance and look down at me as a lesser man or a bad Armenian, I have every reason to suspect they fool no one, not even themselves. Hence, their faceless, nameless cowardly anonymity.
      #

Comment

big of you!
        are you sure you are an armenian?
        Have you at any point in your life considered the help of a professional to help treat your obvious depression?

Comment

Sunday, November 19, 2006
          My analysis of the Armenian psyche is based on a close reading of our writers, beginning with Gregory of Narek (who at one point in his LAMENTATION identifies himself as “an abusive contradicter”), personal observations and encounters, and last but far from least, self-analysis. If I call some of my readers dupes, fanatics, and hoodlums it’s because I was all of these things. I at no time have said anything about my fellow Armenians that I am not prepared to say about myself. And when our dupes and hoodlums assume a morally superior stance and look down at me as a lesser man or a bad Armenian, I have every reason to suspect they fool no one, not even themselves. Hence, their faceless, nameless cowardly anonymity.
          #
          Armenians like you are not necessary at this point in Armenian history. You think you offer some insight or lesson to us hoodlums but choose not to see the real dangers facing Armenians and our fledgling nation. We are a fragmented people. We are scattered across the world. Our nation is landlocked in what I consider a hostile neighborhood. Human nature gravitates towards violence for resolving differences. What Armenians need are voices for unity even if we must sacrifice the so called western democratic values. I could give a rats arse about the Armenian church, or any other religion for that matter, but it has and can continue to offer itself as a vessel for unity. People like you just want to point out what is wrong with Armenians all the while ignoring the fact that what is wrong is within all of humanity. So we all have a choice to make... My choice is that my loyalty extends first and last to my Armenian people. All those who stand against Armenians are my enemies. I don't hate you but you are my enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
            This thread is chuck full of Ara B-o-z-oian's regurgitated crap. More you push him the worst he will get. And his utter hypocrisy and contradictions are breath taking. Notice how he is now, after being acused of being a self-hating Armenian, indirectly trying to state that we Armenians needed true "sheppards" and warriors to fight off the Turks. Yet he is a proud representative of the pathetic low-lives within our community that 'blame' and 'attack' the Dashnaks and the Hnchaks for their war effort against the Turks.

Word of caution: In his twisted mind B-o-z-oian is trying to engage us in a 'debate.' He is bored, he is alone, he simply want's company to talk to. So, he is trying to be in your face, he is trying to be eccentric, etc. Most probably this is the most excitement he has had in decades.

The "notes and comments" found here are nothing but 'brain-farts' of an egomaniac.
            Yeah you are right about him but I really feel it is a public service to point out his B.S.
            Besides I got him to insult me several times. For anyone who has read this guy's crappola at least they can see him for the hypocrite that he truly is.

Comment

Monday, November 20, 2006
              Daniel Varoujan (1884-1915), Armenian poet and Genocide victim: “What’s the use of acquiring knowledge and developing one’s esthetic judgment in a world run by ignorant scum?”
              Anonymous (dates unknown), one of the greatest and most prolific thinkers of all time, very probably of Armenian descent: “In troubled waters, the scum rises to the top.”
              Insulting Turkishness is against the law in Turkey today. Nothing new in that. Because in one of his letters Solzhenitsyn made a derogatory remark about Stalin, he was bundled off to Siberia. I assume there were corresponding laws under Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Franco, and Genghis Khan.
              What is considered an insult in Turkey? Mentioning the Armenian genocide for one, thus implying that the founders of the Turkish Republic may have been war criminal.
              We are lucky; we don’t have a law against insulting Armenianism. That doesn’t mean, however, that if you dare to mention our scumbags (of which we have our share) you won’t be called a scumbag by loudmouth gutless, faceless, nameless. anonymous scumbags.
              If Baronian and Odian were alive today and wrote with the same degree of honesty about our bosses, bishops, and benefactors as they did at the turn of the last century, not only they would be called scumbags by our ubiquitous commissars of culture and defenders of the faith, they would also be alienated, silenced, ignored, forgotten, and buried alive. There is more than one way to send an innocent man to the Gulag.
              A thousand years ago Gregory of Narek (in addition to being a saint, also our Dante and Shakespeare combined) in his celebrated BOOK OF LAMENTATIONS (translated into English by Mischa Kudian, among others), made a long list of his personal failings (“a wicked and slothful servant, an abusive contradicter, an ass’s foal, inscrutable, wild and uncouth; the broken lock on a door; the useless coin buried beneath the soil; ever active in satanic inventions; slow in mine observance of promises; diligent in malignant acts of ribaldry,” and so on and so forth). If anyone were to write in that vein today, what would happen to him? Who would read him? How would our holier-than-thou brown-nosers react?
              What happened to us between then and now? Is it conceivable that the only thing we learned from the Genocide are intolerance, dishonesty, doubletalk, and cowardice? Is it possible that the Turks did not just massacre our bodies but also our critical faculties?
              To end on a more positive note: All nations spawn their share of white trash. Why should we be an exception?
              A digression and a p.s. here: Has anyone ever accused Washington or Jefferson of war crimes? Why would anyone, let alone a Turk, even consider questioning the greatness, integrity, and nobility of such statesmen of vision as Talaat and Kemal? Unless of course… No, strike that! It is not my intention to cast aspersions on anyone here. I am just asking questions because, I don’t mind admitting, I know next to nothing about Turkish history, and I don’t understand, neither can I guess why, noble specimens of humanity like Talaat and Kemal would be in need of a law whose unmistakable intent is to protect their impeccable reputations.
              #

Comment

Monday, November 20, 2006
                A digression and a p.s. here: Has anyone ever accused Washington or Jefferson of war crimes? #

All the accusers of American brutality are dead. Best way to keep your opposition and detractors under control is to let them think they live in a free society so they will not remain anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
                  Armenians like you are not necessary at this point in Armenian history. You think you offer some insight or lesson to us hoodlums but choose not to see the real dangers facing Armenians and our fledgling nation. We are a fragmented people. We are scattered across the world. Our nation is landlocked in what I consider a hostile neighborhood. Human nature gravitates towards violence for resolving differences. What Armenians need are voices for unity even if we must sacrifice the so called western democratic values. I could give a rats arse about the Armenian church, or any other religion for that matter, but it has and can continue to offer itself as a vessel for unity. People like you just want to point out what is wrong with Armenians all the while ignoring the fact that what is wrong is within all of humanity. So we all have a choice to make... My choice is that my loyalty extends first and last to my Armenian people. All those who stand against Armenians are my enemies. I don't hate you but you are my enemy.
                  Excellent commentary, comrade. I am glad we have noble and brave men like you on board.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
                    Yeah you are right about him but I really feel it is a public service to point out his B.S.
                    Besides I got him to insult me several times. For anyone who has read this guy's crappola at least they can see him for the hypocrite that he truly is.
                    The three best words to discribe him are: pseudo-intellectual, hypocrite and self-hating.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Tuesday, November 21, 2006
                      NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD
                      Siamanto (real name Adom Yerjanian: 1878-1915) poet and victim of the Genocide: “Our perennial enemy, the enemy that will eventually destroy us, is not the Turk but our own complacent superficiality.”
                      If our misfortunes are not our fault but must be ascribed to factors and circumstances beyond our control, such as bloodthirsty neighbors, geographic position, and the Good Lord Himself, it follows: literature lies, propaganda speaks the truth.
                      Political leaders are honest men, writers enemies of the people.
                      Which also means, our politicians have been consistently right and our writers consistently wrong.
                      Let us therefore trust our leaders and ignore our writers, and whenever possible, silence and starve them. They deserve no better.
                      Since our problems are not our problems but someone else’s, there isn’t much we can do except adopt a passive stance and wait until our bloodthirsty neighbors see the light and turn into vegetarians, our mountains and valleys yield oil or gold or some other valuable mineral, and the Good Lord takes pity on us.
                      Yeghishe was dead wrong when he said, “Solidarity is the mother of good deeds, divisions of evil ones.” Solidarity is for wolves. We prefer to live as divided sheep because we are morally superior to wolves.
                      Raffi was wrong when he said we have no future in Turkey. Mass exodus from Turkey in the 19th century would have been a tragic mistake. As for mass exodus from Armenia today (a million and a half so far): that must be seen only as a temporary minor setback in the aftermath of war and earthquake (those damn carnivorous neighbors and cursed geography again).
                      To conclude: we have nothing to worry about because we are in the best of hands. Let us therefore go down on our knees and give thanks to the Lord and His representatives on earth (our bosses, bishops, and benefactors), and count our blessings.
                      Amen.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X