Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

question by a non-armenian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question by a non-armenian.

correct me if iam wrong .i have heard the armenians are the same as the turks racially, it was only bcus of there religion they were persecuted(the genocide).

by the way, iam from india.
    hello to ual armenian frnds

Originally posted by anup_j_j
    correct me if iam wrong .i have heard the armenians are the same as the turks racially, it was only bcus of there religion they were persecuted(the genocide).

Turkish people are descendants of Mongolians, and the reason they don't resemble mongolians much (though some still do) is because throughout the centuries they've mixed with so many other races, as the matter of fact they raped and stole many Armenian women during the genocide.

Armenians on the other hand are aryans/Indo-europeans. So we're definitely not the same race.

But you're right about the rationale for genocide, the main reason the 'Young Turk' government massacred Armenians was because they were Christians and the 'Young Turk' believed Turkish empire should be based only on the principle of Islam and other religious minorities should be destroyed.

Welcome! I've heard many Indians are studying at Yerevan Medical University....

Comment

Ugh, Armenians having anything to do w/ Turks is like saying, did the Pilgrims have anything to do w/ the Native Americans?

Comment

hello anup i've known a few indians, roommates and friends...do you happen to be punjabi?

Comment

Originally posted by anup_j_j

You must be confusing us with someone else...seriously though - read a history book...do a google search or something OK....oh and don't believe everything you hear.

Actually - though most Armenians are loath to admit it - Armenians of Anatolia (the majority of us on earth at one time) - co-habited such with various Turkicks and such for 600 or so years. The Ottoman Empire (look it up) - yeah...and as such both borrowed much from the other...and of course, but to a lesser extent, mingled genetically (Turks having done more of such with Greeks & Balkan types)...but certainly evidence of genetic mixing based on common presence of such factors as Mediterranian anemia and such are there (and Turks with our noses and Armenians with somewhat slanted eyes - etc)...but mostly there was cultural diffusion - quite a bit...with Turkish culture becomming dominant during this period it was somewhat unavoidable - and again as much as most Armenians are in denial about it there is a great commonality of lifestyle and such (food, drink, music etc etc) - not that there aren't some clear distinctions and unique attributes of each group as well...there certainly are. And the Turks clearly borrowed (some say stole...be it as it may...) very heavily from Armenians as they were not native to Anatolia nor were they originally sedentary farmers, crafstmen, artisans etc (for the most part) and such - yet they have adapted to include the native flora/fauna and other enviromental factors into their lifestyle as well (as does any people in a new land - it changes them - unavoidable [some call this...assimilation...]).

We visited with some Turkish friends just today and I am never ceased to be amazed at the resembalance - in looks, mannerisms and touch - that the grandmother has to my own (now dead some 21 years)...almost uncanny...and BTW - I have no problem absolving specific individuals (who may be ignorant/in denial or otherwise not overly pre-occupied with historical and perhaps familial guilt etc) while still holding very specific ill will toward the societal collective and in particular the current Government and elites. Just as when I was a Californian I didn't hold it against individuals from Colorado or Nevada or such that their States had witheld water from my own or what have you...)...and should every American Indian and Black in this country hate whitey? (certainly as much reason to as we to hate Turks...)...(I don't like to consider myself white BTW...perhaps its a form of denail on my part eh?)....yeah lets all push that "easy" button...

And of course the Genocide seriously divides us...but it was more then this alone - as there is a long history of abuse from the Turkish side (a culture founded on application of force and using what could even be considered at the time barbaric measures to apply such). Still - my family - along with a great many other Armenain ones were essentially Ottoman (OK - certainly with a twist - but none-the-less one cannot deny the power of 600 years of rule) - like it or not...and the issue of religion - per se - was a minor one - at best a smokescreen and a tool - and not at all the motivating factor in the Genocide...again - please do some reading on your own and impress us with your educatability...

Comment

Yeah dude, totally. I want to say on behalf of every Armenian. That we're totally mad that you brought that up. We don't have anything to do w/ Turks are you crazy? Shat lavashes gerer?
            Oh I also want to add, I love your tech support, and telemarketers.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
              LOL you're too much!!!!

Comment

Yeah dude, totally. I want to say on behalf of every Armenian. That we're totally mad that you brought that up. We don't have anything to do w/ Turks are you crazy? Shat lavashes gerer?
                Well I suppose its too much to hope for any kind of intelligent response on this fourm since most of those who could think a bit and make some worthwhile posts have seemingly been banned or went away on their own (Anileve, Baron Dants, Dusken, etc). I can't at all understand how the likes of a Baron Dants was banned from this forum - others too...completely baffling...

And some Samurai you are. Do you in truth know anything at all about Bushido? Beyond just the basics concepts of honor, courage, honesty, politness, scincerety etc - Bushido requires an understanding of philosophy and the arts - learning - expanding ones horizons and yes being open to that which is different from oneself or ones norms - so how has any of your rather flippant and useless response reflected any of this? OK - so you (and many Armenians of course) don't like the Turks...still its untrue that no Armenians have anything to do with Turks and I also find that making offensive comments regarding Indian ethnicity to be uncalled for and illustrative of your very simple and pedestrian world view. (even if this individual is ignorant ohings about us - you are aparently no better). I suggest you change your monikor to Armenian Xenophobe or unworthy to be Samurai or Not much different then the Turk you so despise or some such...

This Indian person has obvioulsy gotten some misinformation...and your worthless comment is not likely to help a bit. I'll never suggest you should love Turks per se...but every individual should be treated as such - and those like you who fail to comprehend this - well - not really a good example and you obviously have much to learn. Some never do...shame...

Comment

guys that was a stormy entry for me ,

ya alright turks are a--holes and armenians are cool .

anyway we indians dont like turks very much cus they support the f**cking pakis,also we have a long standing relation with the greeks.

hyebruin: no iam not a punjabi ,iam a syrian christian from kerala .

Thai-Samurai:" Oh I also want to add, I love your tech support, and telemarketers."
                  man thans not so cool ,we r not just tech suppoprt and telemarketeers ,may be u r using windows ,well 40% of MS staff are indians . most of the worthwhile software ur using from oracle to sun linux are made by indians .10% nasa scientists r indians .15% of doctors in us r indians .the list goes on and on.

mind u india is a very big country with a lot of strengths,may be itll be the next supper power.americans r coming to terms with that idea.soon u will realise it too.

anyway thanx for the reply

Comment

Very nice Thai... I don't know where you got the impression that it's okay to just randomly insult members here, but it isn't.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X