Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

War in The Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel, The Warmonger

Originally posted by The Abyss
    The Issue is far beyond the capturing of couple of IDF soldiers, Hizballah has captured before IDF soldiers,and there was no war at the time.
    Israel has an agenda of its own and that is to destroy Lebanon, because beleive it or not Lebanon is the real treat to Israel not military speaking but ideologically.
    As some of you already know, Lebanon is the only country in the Meadle east that is democratic.
    Lebanon is the only multi-sectarian and multi-cultural country in the region, were different cultures coexist in peace, and this is what threatens Israel.
    The very foundation of Israel is based on discrimination and racism against non-xxxs.
    Another reason for destroying Lebanon is that, lebanon is the only country in the region that can compete Israel economically, because it has the human potential, and the business oriented mind of the Lebanese.

One thing is sure, that people and children are dying (100 death 250 injured uptill now), the coutry is being ravaged by a cowered army that targets Civilians.
    And as Always the World comunity is watching, to hell with them all.....

Israel has far reaching plans and the fact that it is using the excuse of two soldiers being 'kidnapped', is interesting. It is merely an excuse and a pretext for a wider regional goal, namely taking out Syria and Iran, and at the same time trying to force the United States' hand into it.

The Israeli offensive against Iran until now, purely polemical morphed into military action the moment the IDF crossed the border into - Justin Raimondo for Antiwar.com
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: War in The Middle East

lets hope civilians arnt targeted in this war

i heard from the australian pm that there trying to organise ferries from lebanon to cyprus
      Last edited by Ari; 07-16-2006, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
        i just hope civilians arnt being targeted in this war
        Are you joking? All the people that have died have practically been civilians.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Typical. The G8 'leaders' are calling on 'extremists' (i.e. the A-rabs) to halt the violence and release the Israeli soldiers while only saying Israel should exercise 'restraint'.

G8 blames "extremists" for Mideast violence

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Group of Eight leaders on Sunday issued a carefully-crafted statement on the Middle East that blamed extremists for an upsurge in violence and called on Israel to be restrained in responding to attack.

After lengthy discussions to bridge differences over how to respond to the dramatic upsurge in violence the leaders of the world's richest nations blamed Lebanon's Hizbollah and elements in Hamas for starting a crisis that has left dozens dead.

It described those responsible as "extremists" and called on them to immediately halt their attacks.

"These extremist elements and those that support them cannot be allowed to plunge the Middle East into chaos," said the text.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the G8 was demanding Hizbollah release two Israeli soldiers it captured on Wednesday and halt rocket attacks on Israel. An attack deep into Israel on Sunday hit the port city of Haifa and left at least eight dead.

"We demand first that the Israeli soldiers be returned to Israel healthy, that the attacks on Israel cease, and then naturally for Israel to halt military action," she told reporters.

The G8 statement said the return of captives and an end to rocket attacks was needed to create the "conditions for a cessation of violence," putting the onus on Hizbollah to act first to end the fighting.

The G8 said Israel had the right to defend itself, a position that the United States, the xxxish state's biggest backer, has repeatedly taken when asked if it will call on the Israelis to halt their intense bombardment of Lebanon.

But the statement added that Israel had to be mindful of "the strategic and humanitarian consequences of its actions" and should exercise utmost restraint to avoid civilian casualties, damage to infrastructure and the destabilization of the fragile Lebanese coalition government.

Merkel said that as part of efforts to end Israeli-Hizbollah fighting in Lebanon, G8 leaders want a new military observer force for the country.

"We are firmly convinced that the Lebanese government must be given all manner of support to implement U.N. resolutions on southern Lebanon. We ask that in addition to the U.N. activities, an additional observer and security mission be set up. That must be done through the U.N.," she told reporters.

The United Nations and European Union have sent peace missions to Lebanon and are expected to report back to the U.N. Security Council on Thursday.

They may recommend an expansion of the current 2,000-strong U.N. force in southern Lebanon.

Five days of cross-border bombardments on Lebanon by Israeli forces and rocket attacks into Israel by their Hizbollah militant foes have left dozens of civilians dead and raised fears of a regional conflict.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Whoever's at fault, whatever happened, happens, and will happen, I think I'm pretty certain the roots of all these escalated conflicts can somehow be traced back to Zidane and the World Cup Final.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Unfortunately, even though Putin hosted the summit, it seems he had little to say about the outcome. I guess Russia still has a way to go to twist some arms and beat some heads in. A real tragedy for the people of Lebanon.

Comment

i am disappointed with both israel and palestine. two states for now is the answer assuming that israel will stop their incursion. does israel think yaweh likes killing?

Comment

I woke up today on the sounds of Israeli planes pounding a small harbor near Dora (close to bourj Hamoud), this shows that For Israel the entire Lebanon is a target....
                  WE all here are wishing that immidiate ceasfire should be implemented, but as always the order should come from the great powers (US, France,Russia,Britain etc...)as well as Iran, but for the time being theire own agenda matters more than the lives of innocent civilians....
                  OH xxxx ....as i'm writing this post another sound of pounding this one is close......xxxx....
                  let me see were it was hit....
                  I'll come back later.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Abyss
                    I woke up today on the sounds of Israeli planes pounding a small harbor near Dora (close to bourj Hamoud), this shows that For Israel the entire Lebanon is a target....
                    WE all here are wishing that immidiate ceasfire should be implemented, but as always the order should come from the great powers (US, France,Russia,Britain etc...)as well as Iran, but for the time being theire own agenda matters more than the lives of innocent civilians....
                    OH xxxx ....as i'm writing this post another sound of pounding this one is close......xxxx....
                    let me see were it was hit....
                    I'll come back later.....
                    ceasefire must happen. israel (the 'chosen people' who violate the first of ten with these acts... BAD) must stop. now!

Comment

The Abyss, I hope you stay safe. How are the Armenians in Lebanon handling the current situation. Is there a greater sense of fear more than ever before?

Are any business' open in Bourj Hamoud or has evryone fled up to the mountains. Please let me know of the status of the Armenians there.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X