Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

War in The Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War in the Middle East

Originally posted by Fedayeen
    Dude wtf you know, they drop bombs in west bank made in USA without America, they are nothing, they got all the US military goodies. If america gave that much support to armenia, we could take over the world
    And Armenia is very dependant on Russia. Where does all the equipment used by the Armenian army come from? Everything the Armenian armed forces have is ex-Red Army is it not? If we were not part of the CCCP, tell me, would we even have an Army? Where would the equipment have come from? I don't know how the system worked during soviet times but I'm sure no one actually paid for the equipment, it was after all Soviet military on Soviet soil, which after the break up was absorbed by the newly independent republics as their own.
    Israel makes quite a bit of it's equipment itself. For example their Merkava tanks and a variety of APCs built on older Soviet tanks chassis. Even if Armenia got as much US support as Israel we would not even come close to "taking over the world". How would you even take over Turkey Mr Fedayeen?
    And you ask me "wtf you know"?

Your kind of people make me shame, specially in here, mislead, generalizing, propaganda swallowed blind fool

Whats the difference between suicide bomber and bombs dropped from plane, same xxxx idiot

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...988&q=armenian
    Usually the difference is a suicide bomber walks into a cafe in Jerusalem or a bunch of Iraqis lining up at a police recruiting area in Baghdad and blows himself up. The pilot of the military aircraft on the other hand relies on intelligence to bomb specific targets. Ofcourse in war, in every war that has ever been, civilians die.
    Btw, good video, but why can't we call them by their Armenian word, "haydouk ". We are the only Christian people to use the word Fedayi/Fedayeen/etc.
    Wiki says:
    Fedayeen (from the Arabic fidā'ī, plural fidā'īyīn, فدائيون: "one who is ready to sacrifice his life") describes several distinct, primarily Arab groups at different times in history.
    It does not make sense. Then again very little of what you say does.
    Israel will keep bombing Lebanon and the Lebanese civilian population will keep paying the price, this is extremely sad. At the same time you have to look at the situation in a realistic way, with out emotion, and realise that the streets of Beirut were filled with people waving Hezbollah's yellow flags soon after the capture of the two IDF soldiers. So who is more responsible for their current plight?

Comment

Re: War in The Middle East

Let me break this down a little further. This all comes down to Syria supporting Hezbolla. In order to stop Hezbolla, Syria has to be forced to stop them.

The easiest way to stop Syria is to cut off their water. The water supply to Syria comes from Turkey. The U.S. has already warned Syria that all they have to do is make one phone call to Turkey to stop the supply of water to Syria.

Turkey will of course ask for something in return. The biggest problem Turkey is currently facing is the Kurdish attacks in south eastern Turkey.

If the U.S. takes an anti-Kurdish stand in Turkey, it would result in further instability in Iraq.

The U.S. does not want to get involved until they have to. Consequentaly, Lebanon will suffer a steep price. It looks unlikely now that Syria and Iran will get involved and even more unlikely that Russia will either.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
        And Armenia is very dependant on Russia. Where does all the equipment used by the Armenian army come from? Everything the Armenian armed forces have is ex-Red Army is it not? If we were not part of the CCCP, tell me, would we even have an Army? Where would the equipment have come from? I don't know how the system worked during soviet times but I'm sure no one actually paid for the equipment, it was after all Soviet military on Soviet soil, which after the break up was absorbed by the newly independent republics as their own.
        Israel makes quite a bit of it's equipment itself. For example their Merkava tanks and a variety of APCs built on older Soviet tanks chassis. Even if Armenia got as much US support as Israel we would not even come close to "taking over the world". How would you even take over Turkey Mr Fedayeen?
        Ok you got that right, but we didn't steal any land

Usually the difference is a suicide bomber walks into a cafe in Jerusalem or a bunch of Iraqis lining up at a police recruiting area in Baghdad and blows himself up. The pilot of the military aircraft on the other hand relies on intelligence to bomb specific targets. Ofcourse in war, in every war that has ever been, civilians die.
        Btw, good video, but why can't we call them by their Armenian word, "haydouk ". We are the only Christian people to use the word Fedayi/Fedayeen/etc.
        Wiki says:
        Fedayeen (from the Arabic fidā'ī, plural fidā'īyīn, فدائيون: "one who is ready to sacrifice his life") describes several distinct, primarily Arab groups at different times in history.
        Israel will keep bombing Lebanon and the Lebanese civilian population will keep paying the price, this is extremely sad. At the same time you have to look at the situation in a realistic way, with out emotion, and realise that the streets of Beirut were filled with people waving Hezbollah's yellow flags soon after the capture of the two IDF soldiers. So who is more responsible for their current plight?
        Does no matter, we all know what Israel is doing, been doing, is completly wrong

Well they say we bomb military tagets, but 50-70% of the time they end up killing civilians

12 Lebanese killed in convoy attack
        AP
        Sat Jul 15, 2006
        BEIRUT, Lebanon - At least 12 Lebanese villagers, including women and children, were killed Saturday in what appeared to be an Israeli airstrike on a convoy of vehicles fleeing a village near the border with Israel in southern Lebanon, a witness said.
        The convoy was leaving the border village of Marwaheen, when it was attacked. An Associated Press photgrapher said he counted 12 bodies in two cars that were destroyed by the attack shortly after midday.
        Several hours earlier, Israeli forces across the border told villagers by loudspeaker to leave the area or else the village would be destroyed. They did not give a reason for the ultimatum.
        The convoy of several vehicles was hit near the border fence less than half a mile from the village.
        The residents said they had first gone to a U.N. peacekeepers position manned by Ghanian forces to take refuge but they were turned down. There was no immediate confirmation from U.N. peacekeepers, who have a force in southern Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by simonig
          Let me break this down a little further. This all comes down to Syria supporting Hezbolla. In order to stop Hezbolla, Syria has to be forced to stop them.

The easiest way to stop Syria is to cut off their water. The water supply to Syria comes from Turkey. The U.S. has already warned Syria that all they have to do is make one phone call to Turkey to stop the supply of water to Syria.

Turkey will of course ask for something in return. The biggest problem Turkey is currently facing is the Kurdish attacks in south eastern Turkey.

If the U.S. takes an anti-Kurdish stand in Turkey, it would result in further instability in Iraq.

The U.S. does not want to get involved until they have to. Consequentaly, Lebanon will suffer a steep price. It looks unlikely now that Syria and Iran will get involved and even more unlikely that Russia will either.
          US was involved before all this even began

Or how do you conder a US involvment? by dropping an atomic bomb?

Comment

Wiki says:

First of all I agree about the word 'Fedayeen' and why Armenians use it perplexes me, but that is not the point in this thread.

The point is that regardless of who uses 'intelligence' to bomb or not (and one can argue that suicide bombers use as much intelligence as Israeli airforce pilots), the issue is who has the more dangerous motives? It seems Israel was only waiting for a pretext and the capture of two Israeli soldiers just proved that.

This is about wider Israeli and American goals to strike at the heart of the Iran-Syria-Hezbollah-Hamas axis. I am not sure where you put more responsibility, but if you put the blame on the current situation with the A-rabs, you have been watching too much CNN and Faux News.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              It seems Israel was only waiting for a pretext and the capture of two Israeli soldiers just proved that.
              I think that's true but at the same time, the Hezbollah (and Iran) also seemed to be really itchin to get this show on the road. Although the people are the ones that ultimately lose, it just seems that both sides were more than eager and ready for all this and had been for a while now.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
                I think that's true but at the same time, the Hezbollah (and Iran) also seemed to be really itchin to get this show on the road. Although the people are the ones that ultimately lose, it just seems that both sides were more than eager and ready for all this and had been for a while now.
                Hezbollah would benefit from this as the continued bombing only makes people see Israel as the bully and more people will see Hezbollah as the resistance. It was stupid on behalf of Israel.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Ok you got that right, but we didn't steal any land
                  But we did fight for Artsakh. Azeris say we stole it. Perspective.

Does no matter, we all know what Israel is doing, been doing, is completly wrong

Well they say we bomb military tagets, but 50-70% of the time they end up killing civilians
                  I agree, it is wrong and the lack of any forceful political intervention, not even strong condemnation against Israel is simply disgusting.

Comment

But we did fight for Artsakh. Azeris say we stole it. Perspective.

I agree, it is wrong and the lack of any forceful political intervention, not even strong condemnation against Israel is simply disgusting.

Wait, who are and always were the majority in Arcakh? Armenians, not Azeris. There's no perspective there. You cannot talk of perspective as you consider factual evidence of population demographics and the historical evidence of who and what brought conflict to a region.

In the Israel case, let's put away blind allegiances based on things we've been told. In the history of the world, few nations have caused major clashes of civilization: Turkey and the Ottomans being the classic example. Seems to me that Israel will be the Turkey of the future: complete disregard for human life and suffering of those that are weak, weaving of incredible amounts of bullxxxx, hiding behind the poweful ally who is too self-serving to care. Sounds familiar?
                    Last edited by karoaper; 07-18-2006, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Abyss, can you give us an update on what's going on with the Armenians in Beirut.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X