Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

From Turkey with love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      Well, think about this

I just noticed something about that picture. The guy in the background seems to be enjoying the show more than the woman. May we conjecture that male belly dancing is more popular among males in Turkey? I don't know. Worthwhile to find out.

Comment

yes so seem to be correct...the woman even looks a bit weird-ed out, but the man is into it...

Comment

3 Greeks and 3 Turks are travelling by train to a conference. At the station, the 3 Turks each buy tickets and watch as the 3 Greeks buy only a single ticket. "How are 3 people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers one Greek. They all board the train. The Turks take their respective seats but all three Greeks cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Turks saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Turks decide to copy the Greeks on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Greeks don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers a Greek. When they board the train the 3 Turks cram into a restroom and the 3 Greeks cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Greeks leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Turks are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."

Comment

ddd - that joke was awesome - I'm still laughing (loudly)...

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
              3 Greeks and 3 Turks are travelling by train to a conference. At the station, the 3 Turks each buy tickets and watch as the 3 Greeks buy only a single ticket. "How are 3 people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers one Greek. They all board the train. The Turks take their respective seats but all three Greeks cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Turks saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Turks decide to copy the Greeks on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Greeks don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers a Greek. When they board the train the 3 Turks cram into a restroom and the 3 Greeks cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Greeks leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Turks are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."
              ROTFLMAO!! that's great I'm crying ... lol Ahhhhhh

Comment

Just took a second to read the entire thread. First that first *urkish guy is totally wack. I hate when ppl speak English like that and then chalk up another notch on the old language belt. Yeah right ... you English good mofo.

He's all nasty like "come let me love you! In my country you service me correct?"

He's begging to be assimilated ... better watch out.

Next the pictures of idiot things in *urkey was bloody hilarious!! The wheel chair one was like Omg how stupid can ppl be?

Finally male belly dancers ??? That's so insanely gay it's not even funny. Plz don't go off on some "you hate homosexuals" tip ... it's not even true. Still male dancers that imo dress in that drag type garb are totally gay. My gaydar is picking up massive gay *urkish dancer blips at 12 o'clock after that one. Obviously if it's something happening in *urkey it had to become that way due to the opinions of men. So they must enjoy watching their brothers become the *urkish equivalent of the American male cheerleader.

That guy is TOTALLY enjoying the lap dance more than the amazingly ugly chik next to him. THAT'S WHY the let men dance ... look at the women!! Lol It seems like it might be easier to make a man look like a woman than a woman look like a woman!! heheheheh

Comment

Yeah, I read that Greek/Turkish train joke on a Greek Cypriot website.

Comment

Hahh, the joys of marriage.

Turks are true romantics...

I have car I have house I kiss you...
                    This picture sucks , Is crazy how mens do this to the woman , but this kind of woman they are so stupid to be with a men like that , i feel sorry for them

Comment

Well, think about this

Male belly-dancers dazzle Istanbul:

Evrim struts his stuff for tourists in Istanbul

"It's just a modern version of what often happened in Ottoman times when men used to dance for the Sultan," Evrim says.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/726807.stm
                      In Australia we call these drag shows. I guess this is the their version of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X