Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sex before marriage

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loseyourname I don't choose a woman based on the status of her hymen. I guess I was trying to say that there are more important things.
    Halleluja

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sex before marriage

Originally posted by Artsakhtsi I hear you.

I am also an armenian girl from a decent armenian family.I just think that we look at this aspect of live with so much negativity.Sex is not bad!As long as you know what you are doing and are aware of consecvences.That's it!
      cheers
      I am not a psychologist to give an advice on this issue. But here what I’d think. Let say I love X girl so much that I am ready to do anything for her, and she is not a virgin. First, before I find out she is not a virgin I would know what kind of a person she is. So lets say we have been together for over a year, and it’s kind of a slow relationship, which I like the most… And I see she is a very kind person and then she tells me that she is not a virgin. Then I’d ask her, as a friend, about her past. I am sure she’d tell me she had met this person, they had sex, and then they didn’t understand each other. I’d ask myself a question, why didn’t they understand each other. Then I’d find out the answer by having little bit more relationship with her. Then I’d choose to take the serious step and marry her, and make a family. This rule doesn’t apply to American-Armenians*.

* Some may be exception.

Comment

• grrrr.... this whole thing is getting irritating. I'm going to base my comments on this hypothesis: that marriage comes in at least the mid-twenties. Given that, I dont understand which guy thinks that it is normal for a girl who has lived a quarter of a decade or more to never have loved someone before them. Who the hell cares? Obviously, the relationship she had with the person before you didn't work out, so get over it. The only time that sexual history should be a problem is that if she has been promiscuous or irresponsible in her decisions. I mean, if she went home with many guys after clubs or something, thats a totally different story than if she had sex with a boyfriend in a long-term relationship or maybe she even thought she would marry. It all comes down to morality and the feelings/motivations behind the actions.

And all these things apply to guys too. Dont think youre the only ones that are picky about your mates sexual past. I personally would not want my guy to have hooked up with girls in Palm Springs over a Spring break vacation or something. I hope the sex he has had (if he has had sex) has been out of love and respect, not some booty call.

Comment

• Originally posted by tortoise26 grrrr.... this whole thing is getting irritating. I'm going to base my comments on this hypothesis: that marriage comes in at least the mid-twenties. Given that, I dont understand which guy thinks that it is normal for a girl who has lived a quarter of a decade or more to never have loved someone before them. Who the hell cares? Obviously, the relationship she had with the person before you didn't work out, so get over it. The only time that sexual history should be a problem is that if she has been promiscuous or irresponsible in her decisions. I mean, if she went home with many guys after clubs or something, thats a totally different story than if she had sex with a boyfriend in a long-term relationship or maybe she even thought she would marry. It all comes down to morality and the feelings/motivations behind the actions.

And all these things apply to guys too. Dont think youre the only ones that are picky about your mates sexual past. I personally would not want my guy to have hooked up with girls in Palm Springs over a Spring break vacation or something. I hope the sex he has had (if he has had sex) has been out of love and respect, not some booty call.
          My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by patlajan My thoughts exactly.
            Same here. Thank you for saying that, Tortoise.

Comment

• Originally posted by tortoise26 grrrr.... this whole thing is getting irritating. I'm going to base my comments on this hypothesis: that marriage comes in at least the mid-twenties. Given that, I dont understand which guy thinks that it is normal for a girl who has lived a quarter of a decade or more to never have loved someone before them. Who the hell cares? Obviously, the relationship she had with the person before you didn't work out, so get over it. The only time that sexual history should be a problem is that if she has been promiscuous or irresponsible in her decisions. I mean, if she went home with many guys after clubs or something, thats a totally different story than if she had sex with a boyfriend in a long-term relationship or maybe she even thought she would marry. It all comes down to morality and the feelings/motivations behind the actions.

1+2=3
              2+1=3

I think we all came to an agreement that such topics should not be discussed, since it's something connected with persons privacy. I will stop responding to this thread

Comment

• The problem is that females associate sex with love and men don’t sex is just for pleasure.

Comment

• In my oppnion you guys I am going to wait till marriage some of you might think it's prude and all, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing something like that untill I was married maybe because im shy and all...

Comment

• Originally posted by tortoise26 I personally would not want my guy to have hooked up with girls in Palm Springs over a Spring break vacation or something.
                    So I guess that means you need to turn lesbian. All of you are insane and some of you say the weirdest damn things about all this sex xxxx. Wow some people amaze me. Although I did agree with you on the most part tortoise on your first paragraph, the one where you say you don't want a guy if he has hooked up over spring break or anywhere else out for fun well that's impossible. And if some of the guys here tell you otherwise that is only because they honestly can't or don't know how to get girls in that way but if they were given the chance they would in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by omniscient And if some of the guys here tell you otherwise that is only because they honestly can't or don't know how to get girls in that way but if they were given the chance they would in a heartbeat.
                      Or they've never been to Palm Springs except to visit their grandparents. I guess for me, it's just a little hard to hook up with a person once without it happening again, at which point it is no longer quite so random. I don't party or go to clubs and bars much, so these are pretty much people I already knew.

Comment

Working...
                      X