Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

If you couldn't marry an Armenian.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you couldn't marry an Armenian.....

Wow, I see lots of disagreement.

AnoushA, It’s great you have such high opinion of Armenian men. I agree there are exceptions but let’s return to the main issue here. To suggest that in general Armenian men are not the way I described them is foolish and an overestimation. Ironically that overestimation is going to polish the egos of all the men that are the way I described them and encourage them to be the way they are. I am going to stick to the fact that the majority of Armenian men are chauvinists who have become to be such because their parents unconsciously have raised them that way. Chauvinist idea are deeply embedded in our society. Let me give you examples, a lot of parents are OK when their sons start dating or even start having sex before getting married. Yet the same scenario is observed very rarely with the daughters. Daughter on top of school work and part time jobs are encouraged to start doing house work from early age yet guys are not. Instead of praising the few exceptions we should be focusing on the majority who are still so narrow minded that they would search for a virgin wife with the ridiculous excuse that they are “pure” yet they xxxx like chimpanzees with anything that says YES. If we leave out these “little details” and don’t solve them I agree with you that we are going to see lots of interracial marriages. But it will be the women not wanting to have anything in common with Armenian men.

Ara87, I agree about the exceptions, my brother is one of them, yet surprisingly he supports my observations of most Armenian men, lightly said, to be just a little more chauvinist than any other race. A great example is men having sex all they want before marriage and then refusing non-virgin wife. Armenian men along side Muslim and some other conservative races are the only ones still thinking in these terms till these days.

Now you all can deny this all you want. But the facts are out there. The problem is that people overlook them on daily bases and live in denial.

Now I don’t expect too many Armenian men to agree since obviously I am targeting most but not all in negative way. But I truly hope I gave you some food for thought, AnoushA

Comment

I'm not denying it, I was just saying there were exceptions. I also believe it has to do with where the man's family originates from(Lebanese Armenian vs Iranian Armenian) and what generation he is. (F.O.B. vs 3rd generation)

Comment

Originally posted by muffin View Post
        Anyway.....

Yeah anyway... I'm glad you were banned skank.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

did she genocided honour of armenian men? Hehe. Anyway I am with you, a self respecting man should not cook food. Only eat it.

Comment

Yup, that and some more. No, you just described a loser. Which I am sure you are.

Comment

Looser? not a big problem. I do not intend to marry with a female-husband.

Comment

Muffin your an idiot. You probably couldn`t get an armenian man if you wanted anyways, our standards are too high. Thanks for coming out though.

Comment

Originally posted by muffin View Post
                  Wow, I see lots of disagreement.

AnoushA, It’s great you have such high opinion of Armenian men. I agree there are exceptions but let’s return to the main issue here. To suggest that in general Armenian men are not the way I described them is foolish and an overestimation. Ironically that overestimation is going to polish the egos of all the men that are the way I described them and encourage them to be the way they are. I am going to stick to the fact that the majority of Armenian men are chauvinists who have become to be such because their parents unconsciously have raised them that way. Chauvinist idea are deeply embedded in our society. Let me give you examples, a lot of parents are OK when their sons start dating or even start having sex before getting married. Yet the same scenario is observed very rarely with the daughters. Daughter on top of school work and part time jobs are encouraged to start doing house work from early age yet guys are not. Instead of praising the few exceptions we should be focusing on the majority who are still so narrow minded that they would search for a virgin wife with the ridiculous excuse that they are “pure” yet they xxxx like chimpanzees with anything that says YES. If we leave out these “little details” and don’t solve them I agree with you that we are going to see lots of interracial marriages. But it will be the women not wanting to have anything in common with Armenian men.

Ara87, I agree about the exceptions, my brother is one of them, yet surprisingly he supports my observations of most Armenian men, lightly said, to be just a little more chauvinist than any other race. A great example is men having sex all they want before marriage and then refusing non-virgin wife. Armenian men along side Muslim and some other conservative races are the only ones still thinking in these terms till these days.

Now you all can deny this all you want. But the facts are out there. The problem is that people overlook them on daily bases and live in denial.

Now I don’t expect too many Armenian men to agree since obviously I am targeting most but not all in negative way. But I truly hope I gave you some food for thought, AnoushA
                  I think you are very and VERY stupid for claimnig this because guys are the one who take on the labor. Oh you have to do a little bit of house cleaning..poor you. When i was 10 years old and we went to revisit Armenia i had labor placed up on me and not that easy stuff. I had to walk 3 miles to my cuzins house while carrying 10 pound buckets filled with water wiithout spilling any.Once i got their i had to do unimagineable thing. I was forced to go on the roof and fix the tiles without anything but my hands because it was raining. If anyone is complaining it sure as hell shouldn't be you.
                  Last edited by Pazooki; 11-26-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
                    Muffin your an idiot. You probably couldn`t get an armenian man if you wanted anyways, our standards are too high. Thanks for coming out though.
                    what do you mean with high standards? Bigger boobs?

When It comes to women, men has not much standards.

Comment

that's easy....russsiann

Comment

Working...
                      X