Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I am Armenian and GAY. Not feminine, just masculine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am Armenian and GAY. Not feminine, just masculine.

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    We do not have a complete understanding of the intricacies of the body yet. This work is ongoing... We have only relatively recently mapped the human genome even. Not being able to point to how the biology influences orientation (and truthfully, they may have an idea...I haven't looked) does not preclude knowing that it is influenced by biology. I cited you a couple twin studies previously. That's how we find out... We look at monozygotic (identical) twins, dizygotic (paternal) twins, siblings, etc. and compare the incidence of them sharing the same sexual orientation and they calculate the influence of heredity that way. Another way (though harder to do) is to look at monozygotic twins raised together or raised apart and see the difference there. If their sexuality tends to be the same regardless of whether they were raised together (largely same environmental influences) then it points to biology/heredity.
    This is not new... we have put to the nature/nurture question to LOTS of different things (personality/dispositional traits, alcoholism, intelligence, etc.)

Your problem is this: You think about something and decide how you think it should be and then you stop there without looking into whether it actually IS that way. You don't consider the possibility that there's something you don't know or that you could be mistaken. We learn far more if we're not sooooo attached to our beliefs. We should be more flexible in our thoughts and ready to reevaluate in the face of new information.
    No, my problem is there have been numerous studies done and there have been no concrete biological factors attributing sexual orientation yet people keep insisting it's biological even though the person is born anatomically male or female.

I will give you that acting on our feelings is another thing, however if you cannot change who you are attracted to, then you're really just setting yourself up for misery and heartbreak (for yourself and potential partners) by "pretending" to be attracted to the opposite sex and attempting to have romantic relationships in the complete absence of any physical attraction.
    Sex doesn't necessarily have to involve attraction. I believe it was you that claimed rape is about dominance and not attraction. Since there are psychological aspects to rape (since people like to claim whatever fits their viewpoints) then the same male to male dominance might be determining the psychological thought process of gay men.

As I said, if it were a choice and if it's possible to "override the gay" then it stands to reason that the reverse would be possible as well. That is why I have repeatedly asked you whether you can "override the hetero"...
    It seems that in many societies where sex wasn't outspoken and adolescents weren't engaged is sexual acts outside of norm, there was nearly no incidents of abnormal behavior. This can be attributed to "not knowing" or "never learning". Both Chinese and Indian culture (often Eastern cultures) often avoided homosexuality by rule.

There are such correctional facilities (lots run by religious organizations) and they are unsuccessful. This alone indicates that it's not possible then.
    There are also many organizations that deal with divorce that are unsuccessful. Once an individual is programmed a certain way, their thought process might virtually be irreversible.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I think that the resentment of homosexuality that a lot of people have is mainly due to the Abrahamic religions, and Christianity just has too great of a hold on "the first nation to have officially adopted Christianity".

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
        I think that the resentment of homosexuality that a lot of people have is mainly due to the Abrahamic religions, and Christianity just has too great of a hold on "the first nation to have officially adopted Christianity".
        You should check out the Chinese Dynasties and their teachings. The Abrahamic religions are just the most recognized ones in the West attributed to ancient texts relating to the Abrahamic religions.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          No, my problem is there have been numerous studies done and there have been no concrete biological factors attributing sexual orientation yet people keep insisting it's biological even though the person is born anatomically male or female.
          I have described the way the research is done and have cited studies for you that pretty concretely point to a significant hereditary/genetic component, but yet you insist there's nothing concrete. You're ignoring everything that doesn't point to the answer you want and that's the mark of someone who has no earnest interest in learning about reality.

Sex doesn't necessarily have to involve attraction. I believe it was you that claimed rape is about dominance and not attraction. Since there are psychological aspects to rape (since people like to claim whatever fits their viewpoints) then the same male to male dominance might be determining the psychological thought process of gay men.
          Yes, rape is typically about dominance, but that's because it's RAPE. Consensual sex between two men or two women isn't the same thing... not by a long shot.

It seems that in many societies where sex wasn't outspoken and adolescents weren't engaged is sexual acts outside of norm, there was nearly no incidents of abnormal behavior. This can be attributed to "not knowing" or "never learning". Both Chinese and Indian culture (often Eastern cultures) often avoided homosexuality by rule.
          Umm, duh? There's a massive difference about low reports of homosexuality and there actually being low incidence of homosexuality. In intolerant societies, people will underreport.

There are also many organizations that deal with divorce that are unsuccessful. Once an individual is programmed a certain way, their thought process might virtually be irreversible.
          So now you've acknowledged that it isn't necessarily a choice (after all, we don't choose to be abused) and now you're adding that it might be impossible for at least some homosexuals to not be homosexual... So you're at least saying it may not be their fault and they might not be able to help it, but you still want to treat them like second-class citizens.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
            I agree with you David. I think religion is a large part of it, as is ignorance.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

So now you've acknowledged that it isn't necessarily a choice (after all, we don't choose to be abused) and now you're adding that it might be impossible for at least some homosexuals to not be homosexual... So you're at least saying it may not be their fault and they might not be able to help it, but you still want to treat them like second-class citizens.
              LOL, if it was up to me 90% of western society would be 2nd class. I hope the banks finish off the retards once and for all.

Comment

I have described the way the research is done and have cited studies for you that pretty concretely point to a significant hereditary/genetic component, but yet you insist there's nothing concrete. You're ignoring everything that doesn't point to the answer you want and that's the mark of someone who has no earnest interest in learning about reality.
                If it's hereditary that throws the whole evolution/natural selection/survival of the fittest theory out the window.

Read up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007...istory.society
                http://www.truthtree.com/pederasty.shtml

Comment

If it's hereditary that throws the whole evolution/natural selection/survival of the fittest theory out the window.

Read up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007...istory.society
                  http://www.truthtree.com/pederasty.shtml
                  Seriously? Did you not think this through?

Something having a hereditary/genetic component points to biology, but not everyone that passes along that genetic information is homosexual.
                  Also, if we force people to be something they're not (with attitudes such as those you're exhibiting), then more homosexuals feel pressure to try to be heterosexual, attempt heterosexual relationships, and reproduce.

Comment

Wouldn't you say there has been an increase as of late that may point the finger to single parenthood?
                    I can't say that since I don't have any stats. But seems to me homosexuality has been with us since long long long ago (it was much more common and accepted in ancient greece and rome from what I understand). The Samurai in japan for example also had sex with their male students from what I have read. So unless you have some data to suggest homosexuality is on the rise, I don't think I can agree that that's the case.

Of course in places like Iran where the homosexuals are literally hung, stoned, and killed, of course there is a huge illusion that it is less than in other places. But of course it's only idiots that believe there are no gays in Iran
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Seriously? Did you not think this through?

Something having a hereditary/genetic component points to biology, but not everyone that passes along that genetic information is homosexual.
                      Yes but every time that genetic code is triggered, it stops from being passed down. It's not a virus, it doesn't spread. It's really like a null code with an end statement.

Let's suppose it is hereditary/genetic and let's say scientists found a way to test prior to pregnancy. What do you think the rates of abortion would be? Is homosexuality a desirable trait that people would honestly claim they want? After all, the point of reproduction is survival.

By the way, I have no hostility towards gay people but what I disagree with is the notion that it's 100% genetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X