Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Theories of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anileve I don't understand the concept of controlling who you chose to fall in love with. If the statement is true then it is also true that you can condition yourself to fall in love as well. People seem to accept one theory without a consideration and acceptance of the other. Love is indeed an act of harboring ones selfishness by allowing the illusion of altruism . It is the idea of love that we fall in love with, not the person. The reason why you might fall in love or love someone is because in the essence that person makes you feel wonderful about yourself, the feeling that the person gives you, rather than just the need to compromise your interests with an absolute indifference to the self-gain, in which case it isn't love for every human action unconsciously seeks self gratification.

Love is not an empirical matter, it is one formula that cannot be explained or controlled. Our existence revolves around various definitions of love and if one would be able to control love then it would mean that it is no longer a necessity to function in which case it would invalidate our existence.
    You're mistaking the whole point of this thread. What you describe is the act of falling in love, not the act of loving. They are two separate things. One is a feeling, the other is an action. The two need not coincide. The feeling is not quantifiable, as it is a feeling, and as such is intangible to anyone but the feeler. The action is not the same.

Comment

Excuse me? May i have your Pardon?

Loseyourname- The Supreme Wisdom whose distinctive name is Wise and here i go ...if you are not in the act of LOVE you will never and EVER describe the act of falling in love.To describe something means YOU understood something and in your thread you just stopped the sense when you put the contrast in between the act of falling in love and the act of loving...To do the action you have to feel it on your body, in your neorons system!! You cant express if you dont feel it! so here is my emlightment and descernment to you my friend.What is love?I never knew until a special person came and whispered something in my ear SHe whispered something so softly these whispering words I’ve never heard these words not going in one ear and out the other just going in and straight to my heart.These words never left me they pondered in my thoughts wondering what to do and what to whisper back.I never had this feeling I never felt this kind of warmth never felt a touch like HERS nor the closeness that we shared I thought and thought of words to say words that would mean the same as the words SHE once whispered words that would lead straight to HER heart after being in HER loving arms.SHE hold me and me holding HER never wanting those moment to pass always wanting this to last...so all i want to say is that YOU have to feel the whole meaning of word not only hear about it or study about it!thats not enough and with all my convinience i really appriciate for this communication...
      Wise
      Attached Files
      VerTigO

Comment

You can very easily separate the action from the feeling. You can behave in a loving manner toward something or someone without having any feelings whatsoever, good or bad. There is usually a correlation, granted, but there need not be. Furthermore, they are two distinct entities. One is a state of mind, and the other is a certain behavior that may or may not be dictated by that state of mind. If you not going to grant that a person can love something without being in love, certainly you will grant that one may act in a hateful manner toward an object of great affection. This is the dichotomy I am attempting to highlight.

All too often it is the feeling that is strived for. A person aims to be in love, rather than to love. You look for a certain person that makes you feel a certain way. I don't feel that is the correct to go about it. I think we should be looking for someone that we can love, whose growth can be fostered, and thinking primarily of what we can offer that person. You are speaking more of being loved.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname You're mistaking the whole point of this thread. What you describe is the act of falling in love, not the act of loving. They are two separate things. One is a feeling, the other is an action. The two need not coincide. The feeling is not quantifiable, as it is a feeling, and as such is intangible to anyone but the feeler. The action is not the same.
          No my dear I am not mistaking the point of the thread, rather I was addressing Anons words:

Anonymouse:So since we agree that there is mind over body, I will never allow myself to fall in love with a non-Armenian.
          In this case I was referring to the act of falling in love, I don't see how I misconstrued the point of the thread.

Comment

Re: Excuse me? May i have your Pardon?

Originally posted by Wise Loseyourname- The What is love?I never knew until a special person came and whispered something in my ear SHe whispered something so softly these whispering words I’ve never heard these words not going in one ear and out the other just going in and straight to my heart.These words never left me they pondered in my thoughts wondering what to do and what to whisper back.I never had this feeling I never felt this kind of warmth never felt a touch like HERS nor the closeness that we shared I thought and thought of words to say words that would mean the same as the words SHE once whispered words that would lead straight to HER heart after being in HER loving arms.SHE hold me and me holding HER never wanting those moment to pass always wanting this to last...so all i want to say is that YOU have to feel the whole meaning of word not only hear about it or study about it!thats not enough and with all my convinience i really appriciate for this communication...
            Wise

oh, geee, tell us what she whishpered in your here... woulda ya'

Comment

Wise, you are fool, but the luckiest fool i know and I would give countless lifetimes just to feel how you feel for one second.

I'm happy someone still has the spirit of Love!

Comment

GOD IS LOVE so am iI
                VerTigO

Comment

Thank YOU PASAMONSTER!!!! You are my kind on this forum... Love makes you feel special...
                  VerTigO

Comment

Children Deserve to Be Wanted and Loved

Love and You will Loved Back!

"GIVE a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back." So wrote the 19th-century English writer and critic John Ruskin. Probably most parents will agree that it pays to love one's children, not only because of the love received in return but, more important, because of the positive effect this love will have on them.
                    The book Love and Its Place in Nature observed, for example, that without love "children tend to die." And Ashley Montagu, noted British-born anthropologist, went so far as to say: "The child who has not been loved is biochemically, physiologically, and psychologically very different from the one who has been loved. The former even grows differently from the latter."

"Children raised without being regularly hugged, caressed or stroked . . . have abnormally high levels of stress hormones." Indeed, physical neglect during infancy "can have serious long-range effects on learning and memory."

These findings emphasize the need for the physical presence of parents. Otherwise, how can strong ties develop between parent and child? But sorry to say, even in affluent parts of the world, the tendency now is to try to supply a child's needs apart from his or her parents. Children are sent away to school, sent away to Sunday school, sent away to work, sent away to summer camp, and given money and sent away to places of recreation. Thrust out of the family nucleus, circling in orbit at a distance, as it were, millions of children naturally come to feel—if only subconsciously—neglected, unwanted, and unloved, surrounded by a hostile world of grown-ups. Such a prevailing feeling among children may be one reason why there are an estimated 3,000 street children in Berlin. Typical is young Micha, who said: "No one wanted me anymore." A nine-year-old German boy similarly complained: "I would rather be our dog."

Love is all we got
                    VerTigO

Comment

That was the mission of Jesus...show humans the real love...everything HE did and said ,we can conclude in one word LOVE.HE showed love ,HE taught love and HE preached love.LOVE will save the world.

wise do you know Ruskin?hmmmm....

I love this forum ...full of surprises.
                      I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X