Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Faithfulness Gene

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loseyourname
    A little cranky? I wasn't claiming any correlation. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence, which I made pretty clear. Anyway, I understand this forum exists so that we can mock each other, not so that we can hold decent discussions. So please continue.
    Not cranky at all...the sunburn has healed nicely. Anyway, I just found it amusing that you had to throw in random facts to make your post sound...ehh forget it. Obviously you don't get it. Carry on.

Comment

Loseyourname: To be honest I'm not really sure what "cynical" means here so care to elaborate?

But if I understand it correctly, you may be right in putting me and bruin in the same category ... but there is a major difference. She is obviously very bitter about the subject probably due to some past experiences while I have a very nonchalant and rather indifferent view on the subject.
      Last edited by Sip; 06-19-2004, 05:38 PM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Well, yeah. It seems as if she's just been burned one too many times and shut herself down, whereas you seem like a true disbeliever. Still.

Comment

Originally posted by Seapahn
          Loseyourname: To be honest I'm not really sure what "cynical" means here so care to elaborate?

But if I understand it correctly, you may be right in putting me and bruin in the same category ... but there is a major difference. She is obviously very bitter about the subject probably due to some past experiences while I have a very nonchalant and rather indifferent view on the subject.
          I don't know about anything else, but I like the indifferent part. That is how I feel about everything most of the time. Makes life more stress free.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            I don't know about anything else, but I like the indifferent part. That is how I feel about everything most of the time. Makes life more stress free.
            Indifferent to the context of this discussion? or in general to all aspects of living?,.... though iv noticed being indifferent will make you stress free.. still though sometimes things are said and done ... wher ei guess you have to. kinda.. eh whatever.
            How do you hurt a masochist?
            -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
              Indifferent to the context of this discussion? or in general to all aspects of living?,.... though iv noticed being indifferent will make you stress free.. still though sometimes things are said and done ... wher ei guess you have to. kinda.. eh whatever.
              Yes, basically a very "whatever" kind of attitude in life altogether.

Example. Last quarter during my finals, I was very sick and couldn't properly study for one of my finals, Armenian history. Although I was getting an A in the class, I ended up with a B, because I forgot to answer 2 parts of the 4 part final. The professor emailed me and I said what was up, and I was so relaxed. I couldn't give a shyt.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Yes, basically a very "whatever" kind of attitude in life altogether.

Example. Last quarter during my finals, I was very sick and couldn't properly study for one of my finals, Armenian history. Although I was getting an A in the class, I ended up with a B, because I forgot to answer 2 parts of the 4 part final. The professor emailed me and I said what was up, and I was so relaxed. I couldn't give a shyt.
                That's been my attitude post-high school. I seem to have changed overnight.

I'm curious...have you always been like that? Or did you change like I did?

I'm trying to change myself back to care enough about the things I used to, but believe me, it's difficult.

Comment

I only care to the point that later I can relax in indifference. Does that make sense?

The same applies to relationships. I do not take the shyt most girls put up these days. That bichy prissy attitude. Ditto for school. Ditto for everything else. I simply do not feel like wasting energy or nerves on such trivial things. What can I say? I care for my nerves! THINK OF THE NERVES! THINK OF THE NERVES!
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

To the 1st part: I think so, but I'm not sure. Does that make sense?

To the 2nd part: I hear ya.

Comment

The same applies to relationships. I do not take the shyt most girls put up these days. That bichy prissy attitude. Ditto for school. Ditto for everything else. I simply do not feel like wasting energy or nerves on such trivial things. What can I say? I care for my nerves! THINK OF THE NERVES! THINK OF THE NERVES!
                      I don't know what kind of girls you poor forumers are hooking up with, but I've only had this problem one or two times. My last two girlfriends have been pretty awesome, really. The girl I'm with now is incredibly laid-back.

Comment

Working...
                      X