Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Lets get married!!! Lets wait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, since I heard some of your responses. I think it takes about 2-3 years or so to really get to know a person and decide on whether you can see yourself being married to them for the rest of your life. However, it doesn't mean after a couple of years of dating and feeling that way, I would still get married though. Still being single for a while is always nice and well......yea.
    This still puzzles me though. She's 18. She hasn't even dated that many guys yet. I don't know. Just a little weird, but I wish her well.

Originally posted by MARAL
    HOw old is the guy?
    My friend's fiance? I actually don't know how old he is. Never met him, but saw his pic. I'd say about 20 or 21, maybe.
    Originally posted by Baron Dants
    No. I type everything the way I do because *peering over to make sure that grandma's paying attention* my parents have raised me appropriately, and I am a well-mannered child who will grow up to become either a doctor or a lawyer, and will have a beautiful wife and three beautiful children.
    Aaaaw. You have grown.
    I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      This thread makes me sad that I am not married. I want to be married hastily like the people in SagGals example.

this is such a funny post....ahh...my sides hurt so much from laffin...ayayayayyy...the look, the tears..it's too much!!

Comment

SagGal remember this, the shortest time to know someone is 6 months and longest 3 between this time of period amen inch parz ke lini for two ppl.

Comment

Male Marital Outlook Linked to Upbringing

16 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By DAVID CRARY, AP National Writer

NEW YORK - While most single young men aspire to marriage, about one-fifth are deeply skeptical of the institution and their prospects of making it work, according to a new national survey which closely links men's marital outlook to their upbringing.

The survey, released Wednesday by the National Marriage Project at Rutgers University, found that the men with negative attitudes were far more likely than the rest to have been raised by a divorced parent in a non-churchgoing family.

"Most young men are still 'the marrying kind,'" said a report accompanying the survey. "Moreover, the men who are the best 'marriage bets' are those who are more traditional in their family and religious background."

One critic said such assertions were too broad, fostering illusions about traditional families and overlooking the nuanced attitudes of those raised by divorced parents.

Of the 1,010 men aged 25-34 who were surveyed, 569 were married. Of that group, 81 percent said they got married "because it was the right time to settle down." The desire to have children was a major factor for 35 percent; only 15 percent said they married sooner than they wished because of pressure from their partner.

The survey was part of the annual "State of Our Unions" report authored by Marriage Project co-directors David Popenoe and Barbara Dafoe Whitehead.

Their report avoided making specific recommendations, but Popenoe, in a telephone interview, counseled women seeking husbands to "take into consideration the guy's background — don't avoid the traditional guys."

"A huge percentage of the men say they'll marry when it's time to settle down, which a lot of women don't quite understand," Popenoe said. "A word of advice to women — make sure you're getting the guy at just this time."

Survey responses from the married men painted a positive picture of marriage — 94 percent said they were happier married than single, and 73 percent said their sex life was better.

"For men, even more than for women, marriage is a transformative event," Popenoe and Whitehead wrote. "They work harder and do better financially than men who are not married. They are less likely to hang out in bars, to abuse alcohol or drugs."

According to the survey, married men are roughly twice as likely as unmarried men to go religious services regularly. Three-quarters of the married men said it was important for children to be raised in a religion, compared to 59 percent of unmarried men.

Regarding parenting, married and single men had similar views — about two-thirds of each group said having children shouldn't be the main purpose of marrying.

Among the single men, those interested in marriage were more likely to have had a father fully involved in their upbringing than those who were skeptical of marriage. The unmarried men raised by two parents also were more likely to be trusting of women than those raised in single-parent homes.

Stephanie Coontz, a history professor at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., and author of several books on families, questioned the utility of such findings.

"There's this endless stream of correlations that seem designed to convince people, 'By golly, we'd all do better if everybody got married and stayed married,'" she said. "That's unrealistic in the modern world."

She said researchers should conduct more detailed surveys, for example, comparing the outlooks of men whose parents divorced amicably with men whose parents endured in an unhappy marriage.

Of the unmarried men who were surveyed, 53 percent said they were not interested in getting married anytime soon. Most agreed that "at this stage in my life I want fun and freedom"; 47 percent said they wouldn't marry until they could afford to own a home.

Twenty-two percent of the unmarried men were depicted as "hardcore marriage avoiders" — agreeing that marriage, while suitable for some people, is unappealing to them.

Compared to other unmarried men, this subgroup was far more likely to mistrust women's accounts of their past relationships and to worry that marriage would end in divorce.

"It is the presence of these men in the partner market that has led to the popular media stereotype of the commitment-phobic young male on the make but not on the path to marriage," Popenoe and Whitehead wrote.

The report noted that American men are delaying marriage — on average, marrying for the first time at 27, compared to 23 in 1970.

"Young men face few, if any, negative consequences to delaying marriage," the report said. "They can live with a young woman and gain some of the sexual and domestic benefits of marriage without the long-term commitment of marriage."

The survey was conducted in January and February among English-speaking, heterosexual men. The margin of error for the full sample was 4 percent.

___

Comment

children rushing into what they don't understand.

mariage is not a joke.

Comment

haha, THIS IS ONLY A JOKE!!! (so if you're lackin the humor gene, just move on!)

ok, here it goes:

what's the quickest way to the altar?
              a pregnant girl!

~~what's sad about that statement is that there is a lot of truth in it~~ ehhh...dumba$$ girls for thinkin a baby will make him 'stick around' and dumba$$ guys for letting it happen in the first place!

Comment

lolllll

OHHHH MAN! so who was sheeting bricks on fathers day, waiting for a knock on the door? not me .

Comment

Originally posted by PASAMONSTER
                  children rushing into what they don't understand.

mariage is not a joke.
                  You tell 'em Papamonster!!!

...dumba$$ guys for letting it happen in the first place!
                  Reminds me of a a funny commercial that Baron once posted. The link still works. Check it out.
                  I see...

Comment

the armenian way of getting married: Two weeks of knowing each other, third week the guy comes home meet the parents. Fourth week the xoskap. Fifth week the arangements for the engagement party, by the end of the fifth week the engagment party at Ojax. One week of staying engaged. Seventh week arangements of the wedding. 500 wedding invitations to the entire armenian community of the area. Eigth week the wedding. After the wedding the honeymoon. So the couple is together for about nine week. After honeymoon the bride has the morning sickness and plus the kesur's gestapo camp routine. after nine months the baby comes. and later on b/c the bride couldn't take no more the kesur's pressure, she wants to live seperately and the fights begin. In near future the filing for divorce papers begins...and etc etc u know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                      the armenian way of getting married: Two weeks of knowing each other, third week the guy comes home meet the parents. Fourth week the xoskap. Fifth week the arangements for the engagement party, by the end of the fifth week the engagment party at Ojax. One week of staying engaged. Seventh week arangements of the wedding. 500 wedding invitations to the entire armenian community of the area. Eigth week the wedding. After the wedding the honeymoon. So the couple is together for about nine week. After honeymoon the bride has the morning sickness and plus the kesur's gestapo camp routine. after nine months the baby comes. and later on b/c the bride couldn't take no more the kesur's pressure, she wants to live seperately and the fights begin. In near future the filing for divorce papers begins...and etc etc u know the rest.
                      Damn, you didn't miss ONE detail, did you?

Comment

Working...
                      X