Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Long Distance Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why why why...did you know that the number one thing that is absolutely essential for a marriage to stay viable is SEX?? yes siree!! that is right! it is NOT everything, but without it the foundation of the marriage starts to crumble!

why is it men? CUZ IT IS MEN!! ...you'd find verrryyy few women who'd only do it just for fun, and if they do chances are that's all they've seen from a man so they come to lower their expectations..(sad really)...anyways, i'm not passing judgment; just laying out the facts...and in most people's opinion it is a sad way to be...

Comment

1) We are not talking about marriage but a long distance relationship
      2) I strongly disagree with you about verrrrryyy few women who'd only do it just for fun.

I think it is entirely possible that a couple talk more and connect on a much deeper and intimate level when the relationship is long distance than otherwise.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Man long distance is hard, just being more then friends with a person is hard, imagine an actual relationship. Booooo living far.

Comment

It certainly depends on what the individuals in the relationship are looking for from eachother.. if it is sex.. then obviously its not going to work.. lol.. but if it is honest genuine trust and fellowship.. then yes it could very well work .... and i know this.. cause.. ummm.. ummm... i just do ok. lol.. lets say i have "experiance" in this field.. anywho... I think infact in some ways this could be good for the couple.. if like Hyebruin said one or the other cant handle the temptation and does other things with other guy/girls.. eventually the other person will find out and most likely end the relationship.. so the point is if there isnt enough love, trust etc.. between them that such a thing happens.. then its good the relationship fell apart now.. instead of a divorce or something.. and Bruin.. i know lotta girls that can replace the "guys" in your example.. haha...
          How do you hurt a masochist?
          -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Gevo: You Ok mang. It's ok you'll find something better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogg
              No way. Well, I guess it can work but I wouldn't want to be involved in one. What's the point?
              Agreed.

Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I think a long-distance relationship could very well work but it depends on a lot of things. How long you've been dating matters because if you date someone for a very short time and they go away before you know everything you need to know about them, then it would be difficult to maintain a relationship because even when you visit eachother you're going to be so happy to see eachother and on your best behavior so it will be difficult to really learn about eachother. Second, how you feel about eachother. I wouldn't give up on a relaionship if I was in love with the guy and wanted to be with him and only him and he felt the same way about me, but if I was with someone I was unsure about, the distance might be good to help clarify how I felt and either result in staying together stronger than before because now you KNOW, or breaking up because it wasn't good enough to sustain the distance. Of course there's another problem there... sometimes we tend to romanticize things when a partner is away for a long period of time. Someone we were having problems with could suddenly become someone you wish would hurry back because you can't stand another day without him/her. Why? Because we always think about the good times, the fun times, never the arguments and problems!

So I guess it depends on who you guys are and where you feel the relationship is going. Nothing more, nothing less.

Look at me, talking like I am such the expert. hehe. I guess I've watched plenty of relationships and gained experience from my own to be able to say what's what...

p.s. I couldn't say how I'd feel about the sex part since I tend to be a bit more judgemental in that regard. But I guess if you're in a relationship based on trust then that shouldn't be a problem because you're willing to stay apart and bear the distance and time until you're together again, then you better be able to control your urges.
                Last edited by ckBejug; 06-25-2004, 11:02 AM.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

bottome line: don't get involved with pigs and losers, and only put in as much effort as the other person does! no one is as special as YOU!! and they have to EARN your attention and love

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                    bottome line: don't get involved with pigs and losers, and only put in as much effort as the other person does! no one is as special as YOU!! and they have to EARN your attention and love
                    I never got this idea that people have to EARN your love. What??? I know we're all special in our own way blah blah blah but why does a guy have to do all the work? Sheesh. I hate hard to please and hoity toity high maintenance girls. It's like they want a slave insead of a boyfriend. I think if you want good thing and if you expect good things then you have to give just as much in return. None of this walking all over guys bull.

Comment

Long distance relationships have their pros and cons.

It could work but there's a lot of pain involved if the couple is very close. Doubting their partner's honesty is probably a major thing. Jelousy and etc. Then towards the end it might not work how the couple wants it to work.

Long distance relationships are good to test the couple's commitment to each other. If someone from the relationship begins to be fall for someone else, it's obvious that the love is just not there. If they both call each other everyday, always have something to talk about and are faithful to each other, that's a good sign. This is why a lot of couples tend to stay apart for some time to test their relationshis.

Originally posted by ckBejug
                      ...the distance might be good to help clarify how I felt and either result in staying together stronger than before because now you KNOW, or breaking up because it wasn't good enough to sustain the distance. Of course there's another problem there... sometimes we tend to romanticize things when a partner is away for a long period of time...
                      True.
                      I see...

Comment

Working...
                      X