Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

friends and relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friends and relationships

I was jsut thinking, how much is too much to discuss about your relationship ("love life") to a friend?

No matter how good of a friend, I would never tell too much to them about my love life-- for example if you have a fight with ur significant other or what not, I dont think that it's anyones business- because the more people involved- the more people that know, the bigger the problem gets- right?

and other things such as "intimate" details, I just cannot stand the "Sex and the city" type of girls- why is it amuseing to others what you do with your man in bed or on the floor?

anywhoo--what's your take on it?

if he's being a pig, hell ya!!! talk about it and let it be known that he's a pig and HOW exactly he is being one! haha!! but if he's nice and genuine and caring and the relationship is special, then yes! keep that mouth shut!

Comment

Originally posted by angelik22
      I was jsut thinking, how much is too much to discuss about your relationship ("love life") to a friend?

No matter how good of a friend, I would never tell too much to them about my love life-- for example if you have a fight with ur significant other or what not, I dont think that it's anyones business- because the more people involved- the more people that know, the bigger the problem gets- right?
      Well, if you had a fight and you need some advice of how to resolve it, then why shouldn't you discuss this with your closest friend?
      What do you mean the more people know the bigger the problem? Not if you go about it right. If I had a serious fight with my boyfriend and it was really bothering me, I'd talk to my best friend about it and ask her for advice. That can also fall under girltalk. As for intimate details, that's just between the couple. No bedroom details for me, thank you very much.
      I see...

Comment

well, sometimes to be fair and objective you also need a guy's point of view! (do i score points here? for saying that? )haha..anyways, having more girls get together and agree that he should have done this and that and ...etc is NOT good for the relationship! and only fuels the g/f to go back for another match of verbal kung foo! we're forgetting that as good as our friends' intentions are they are NOT therapists and you should take their advice with discretion and your own intuition and common sense! and ultimately talk to your significant other when the time is right...

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
          if he's being a pig, hell ya!!! talk about it and let it be known that he's a pig and HOW exactly he is being one! haha!! but if he's nice and genuine and caring and the relationship is special, then yes! keep that mouth shut!
          Oh, that's really fair. If the guy's an a-hole, tell anyone who can hear. If he's nice, keep it a secret.

Comment

Well.. i think what angelik is talking about hee is "gossip" instead of asking for advice.. such as.. the girl doesnt really caref what her friend thinks or suggests, but just a means of her talking and using the friend as a means of "getting it out"... anywho..

Bruin jan your right.. .. u do score some points.. lol.. but careful that the guy your asking adice from isnt one thats after you as well.. HAHAA.. he mjight be a "little" biased.. u know... lol..

And i say keep your info to yourself.. if you have a question and need advice, thats different than either bragging, or complaining or.. u know... the stupid gossip crap ... anywho.
            How do you hurt a masochist?
            -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
              Oh, that's really fair. If the guy's an a-hole, tell anyone who can hear. If he's nice, keep it a secret.
              oh jeezz, that is NOT what i was saying!
              never mind...interpret as you wish...

Comment

I agree about asking for the guy's opinion also, but a girl (considering we are talking about a girl here and the same thing goes for a guy if we're talking about a guy) should be careful how many people she gets advice from because the word spreads and the main topic here is about telling people personal details.

P.S. I just used the word "advice" as an example.
                I see...

Comment

o okie let me make it clearer, advice is one thing, but putting your boyfriend down if front of others is another thing. Hypothetically speaking, if my boyfriend and I got into a small quarrel I would talk to a friend about it, or ask for advice if i saw the need of any, but I definately wouldn't start talking smack about my boyfriend to my friends-
                  I say this because I see it in a few of my friends, and they say all these things about their boyfriends to me and then when theyre back with the dude, they act liek he's a God- so why talk smack first of all? and second of all have some self respect right?

another thing about this is that you ahve to respect the other person in the relationship and not tell others every single thing that happens between you two, because I know for a fact that guys do not like it when their girlfriend's friends know more about what's going on in the relationship than he does...
                  I guess this is because im referring to a particular situation here, and it's not a general sort of inquiry--

Comment

Originally posted by angelik22
                    ...another thing about this is that you ahve to respect the other person in the relationship and not tell others every single thing that happens between you two, because I know for a fact that guys do not like it when their girlfriend's friends know more about what's going on in the relationship than he does...
                    True, unless the other person feels comfortable about it. Notice that there are couples who tell people their business and people just don't give a ____. lol. Two of my friends used to do that, until they broke up.
                    I see...

Comment

Working...
                    X