Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reasons why men cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why men cheat

For the feminists here just thought I would link you to some reasons why men do what you hate: cheating.

This is to satisfy all of your curiousities quoted:

When it comes to relationships the adage "cheaters never prosper" seems to say it all, but as many women know, men are often interested in more than prosperity.

How do things get to the point where he might cheat on you? After all, you're an attractive, funny, sexy and smart woman. You should be enough for him, right? In an ideal world, yes — but when was the last time your world was ideal? Not recently, if you can relate in the least bit to the sting of infidelity.

There are numerous reasons why men may endanger a relationship by cheating — if you catch a guy in a confessional mood here are a few you may hear:

1. Fear of commitment
    "I had been dating Michelle for about four months when the invitation to her Dad's party arrived. I guess we were an item, but it was freaky becoming a 'plus one' overnight. Maybe that's why I hooked up with my buddy's cousin, I don't know. She was pretty, from out of town and understood this was a one-time thing ... I never did make it to that party."
    — Victor, Scottsdale, Ariz.

2. For the thrill of it
    "Every year I'm responsible for an intern. Usually it is some clingy, overachieving geek, but this year I scored. A redheaded beauty, she knew she was the bee's knees and enjoyed watching me drool. It was risky and I didn't get much work done, but my girlfriend knows my work comes first."
    — Roger, Atlanta, Ga.

3. He is not fulfilled
    "My ex, Brenda and I started out sharing late nights, long talks and make out sessions at the pub. It was beautiful, but it faded quickly. Now I'm lucky to get her off the couch. And physical intimacy? Well, forget about it. I think it was a return to those early days I was looking for that Saturday night I found myself at the pub by myself and on the prowl. I didn't leave alone, but I sure feel that way now."
    — TJ, San Francisco, Calif.

4. Sabotage
    "Sandie and I always seemed mismatched, but between my waffling and her crying I could never quite end it with her. It got so bad that eventually I started to resent her. I had to do something. I know it wasn't right, but one night I hit on a friend of hers and well, something happened. It wasn't the best way to end a relationship but at least it's done."
    — Drew, Dallas, Texas

5. Revenge
    "I love parties and I wasn't about to miss another just because my girlfriend doesn't — so I went stag. Sure, there were some real hotties there and a little innocent flirting on my part, but that's all. But that wasn't good enough for Gina. She was sure I had cheated, and holds it over my head to this day. Well, let her think what she wants. She's got a past, too. There will be other parties and maybe next time I won't be so innocent."
    — Alex, Buffalo, N.Y.

6. Because you let him
    "Yeah I admit it. I am a little bit of a dog when it comes to the ladies. Even though I consider Angela my girlfriend, there have been other women. I'm not saying that she thinks it was okay, but she did catch me once and after a little groveling and some flowers she took me right back. A man's got his needs. I think she knows that."
    — Paul, Pasadena, Calif.

7. Emotional escape
    "The week before I left for my trip, Heather and I got into another doozy. I love her and all, but no matter what I say she always ends up nagging me. I'm just tired of it. I travel a lot and I've got way too much invested in the relationship to break it off, so I have just decided to mix business with pleasure. What she doesn't know won't hurt her and I really need a break now and then."
    — Sean, Chicago, Ill.
    When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

I think women cheat as much as men do. and most of these can very easily apply to them. AND, i think one very very important factor left out, is simply the "oppertunity",,,, trust me.. that makes it very very tempting.
    How do you hurt a masochist?
    -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

if the guy i was with cheated on me- i would just cut off any communication wit hhim- i dont care what his reasoning is- he cheated- that's it-- if he cant stay satisfied by one person and has to go around screwing other people- than that's just not relationship material-he might as well just go screw around anyway and not even consider a relationship...

Comment

Originally posted by angelik22
        if the guy i was with cheated on me- i would just cut off any communication wit hhim- i dont care what his reasoning is- he cheated- that's it-- if he cant stay satisfied by one person and has to go around screwing other people- than that's just not relationship material-he might as well just go screw around anyway and not even consider a relationship...

Says who? Why is that all of a sudden a major deal?
        When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

i think angel is right... why would she not be????
          How do you hurt a masochist?
          -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by angelik22
            You say that now, but it's rarely that simple.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie

It’s rarely that simple because people like that end up getting married without really knowing their husbands and wives. If I had a boyfriend and he did that, then it would be easy for me to leave him. But that’s not the case when you are married. It is harder. In that case I would not know what to do or not do. Many times the husband or wife does everything in their power to make the marriage work. And there are times when the wife does want to leave but cannot because of financial reasons. They cannot support themselves or the kids. So they either live with it or do everything in your power to make the marriage last.
              You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                It's almost that simple. Except for when you still love the guy and hate him at the same time for being such a liar. If the procedure to erase people from your mind/life, as in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, actually existed, I would be the first to sign up for it without any qualms or regrets. None whatsoever. Unfortunately, it's easy to remove a person from your life, especially if they live far away, it's much MUCH harder to get rid of the lingering thoughts and sadness even more than a year after the fact.
                Last edited by ckBejug; 08-05-2004, 10:12 AM.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Men cheat for the same reasons women cheat.

Comment

Men cheat because they want to.
                    Women cheat because their significant other may already have cheated, is cheating, or will eventually cheat.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                    X