Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Approaching Armenian girls.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
    If a guy came up to me when my friends were around, I would have more respect for him. That shows how much guts he has. Plus, he just doesnt care about what your friends will say or anyone else will say because he are interested in you. I find that even more attractive. And if the girl acts like a jerk then she wasnt worth it anyway.
    You're stating the obvious but not all guys can bring themselves to do that. Would you be comfortable at approaching a group of like six guys and asking to steal one of them away for a few minutes? Or should this only be done by guys?

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
      You're stating the obvious but not all guys can bring themselves to do that. Would you be comfortable at approaching a group of like six guys and asking to steal one of them away for a few minutes? Or should this only be done by guys?

I wouldnt be able to do that, because of the type of person I am. I'm usually shy about everything. It has nothing to do with girls or guys, its just me. And no guys shouldnt be the only ones who do it. There are a lot of girls who have done that. Its just has to do with the person and if they are brave enough..

So am I'm stating the obvious again?......
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
        I wouldnt be able to do that, because of the type of person I am. I'm usually shy about everything. It has nothing to do with girls or guys, its just me. And no guys shouldnt be the only ones who do it. There are a lot of girls who have done that. Its just has to do with the person and if they are brave enough..

So am I'm stating the obvious again?......
        Nope not obvious. (Takes notes for future reference).

Comment

Originally posted by Anushik
          Hey
          I guess you don't have a sister... I wander how would you feel, if someone tell that words about your sister... next time if you decide to write any that kind of things, just remember that in this forum there are Armenian girls... and if you do not like it… what are you doing here, just go to other forum, where you can find "nice" girls...
          AMAN SISTER!!!!
          How do you hurt a masochist?
          -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
            Hahahaha. I agree with you on the whole hanging with the posse deal with Armenian girls. It is harder to approach someone in the middle of a crowd because now you have to be judged by her and a half dozen of her friends. And its kind of cheesy catching her on the way to the bathroom. The best bet is meeting chicks like that at school/work or something and not at the hang outs.

One thing that you could try is this. (It helps minimize the conversation with the friends nearby...walk up to someone you like or whatever, and be like Hi, how are you? (most likely she'll be like fine). The second question should be, "Are you single?" (She is still in that shock moment of being approached and most likely will answer truthfully). Your third move is to grab her hand gently, put a piece of paper with your name and phone # it) and just say "I'd like to change that".) and you walk away without giving her or her friends a chance to blabber too much. If you get the call you're golden.

And if you're a smooth talker type, then you just gotta suck in the pride, walk up to her and ask to speak to her privately for a few minutes. The thing with these group of chicks is you gotta get the others to like you too, so you have to use stupid lines like, "would you lovely ladies mind if i spoke to your friend alone for a few minutes?" I dont like doing it either but sometimes you just gotta shelf the pride and be ready to take some rejections.

Pretty much what I told him as well.

Comment

Ironically enough, last night an Armenian girl approached me.

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
              It's always been the opposite for me, up to this point it's been a mutual "leave me alone, I'll leave you alone".... now I'm trying to reverse 20 years of mental training.
              Originally posted by hyebruin
              this is the most foreign thing i've ever read! where do you get this from? i'm curious now!
              Well, I think I may have found a quick, concise way to answer this. I guess simply put, I’m an Armenian Odar™. What the hell is that, you ask yourself? It’s basically someone who is genetically and culturally an Armenian, but for whatever reason is not accepted into the greater Armenian community/environment around them, be it family, school or a work place. Since I’ve been something of an outcast by our lovely people for most of my life, I’ve created a much stronger bond with Odars than I have with Armenians. Hence, I can go up to and make friends with pretty much anyone I meet… except Armenians. Does that sate your curiosity?
              "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                Well, I think I may have found a quick, concise way to answer this. I guess simply put, I’m an Armenian Odar™. What the hell is that, you ask yourself? It’s basically someone who is genetically and culturally an Armenian, but for whatever reason is not accepted into the greater Armenian community/environment around them, be it family, school or a work place. Since I’ve been something of an outcast by our lovely people for most of my life, I’ve created a much stronger bond with Odars than I have with Armenians. Hence, I can go up to and make friends with pretty much anyone I meet… except Armenians. Does that sate your curiosity?
                Now I have a question for you. Why do you feel you were or have been an outcast in your life? You said you go up to and meet anyone except Armenians..doesnt that mean your excluding yourself from them and not the other way away?

Comment

For no reason I can think of, I was "ex-communicated" by all the Armenians around me growing up, and any attempt at wanting to get to know them or hang out with them ended up in me being made fun of, getting my ass kicked, and just an over all "get the xxxx away from us" attitude. I know that's not necessarily the reactions I'd get now in college, but you know what they say about a dog that's been beaten with a stick... if they just SEE a stick again, they go the other way.
                  "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I can not get it... Arneians are usual people, there is nothing strange about us, and you know that, you are Armenian... Armenian girls are usualy shiy (at least Armenian girls who live in Armenia )... maybe that is the reasone why it's not easy for you to talk to them... that is how we differ from American girls... and I do not think that you need to give your phone number to her, I don't think that she'll call you... talk to her, and ask her phone number, if she gives you, that is GREAT...

Comment

Well, now its your chance to turn that around. From what I have read in some of your posts, you are doing a good job at trying to make friends and understand the Armenian culture.

We have all been pushed aside at some points of our lives. But when its close to home it hurts more then ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X