Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Respect or Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like another confused teen thread. I better go to the gym now.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

For me they go hand in hand, but I can see where respect and love don't necessarily have to be there are the same time. A lot of people have their own definitions of love, mine is "complete dedication." So a kid might say to his parents "You never RESPECT me!" and the parent may respond "You're right, I don't respect you cause you keep making wrong decisions, THIS is what's right for you" The parent clearly loves his child or he wouldn't keep trying to do things he felt was right for him, but he may not respect him.

So which is more important, Respect or Love? I don't honestly don't know... but I can say without a doubt that love is the single most powerful force on the planet.
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I guess she means something else. You can love chocolate, but you don't have to respect it. You can respect a famous general, but you do not have to love him. YET, when you are in a relationship, you love eachother out of respect for one another. If the man does not respect the woman and constantly forces her to do chores and act like a slave, there is no love. If the woman just sits on her lazy arse while her husband does everything, there is no love. RESPECT as in take into consideration what the other has to say and be FLEXIBLE. Not RESPECT as in worship the ground he walks on.

Comment

heres what i think- love grows out of respect for someone, and honesty, and careing for someone- therefore i think without respecting someone u cannot possibly love them and withough loveing somone u cannot possibly respect them....

Comment

that can work as well...relationships are not a science, what works for some does not work for all. We can only create a vague boundary of what works to create a healthy relationship.

Comment

I feel like nobody understands my question… I’m NOT TALKIN about men and woman relationship”, I’m talking about general relationship with your friends, with your classmates, with people whom you know and contact every day, with your relatives…
              I feel that only Hayq and HyeJinx understand what I’m talking about… It’s so simple, in one hand someone can think that you are so kind and generous and love you because of that but he/she can think that you are also sooooooooo stupid, and there is no need to talk to you about serious thinks…. But in another hand they can hate you, do not like your character but they can respect your knowledge and your attitude (as Hayq told “you can respect a famouse general but you do not have to love him")…
              Yeh, in man and woman relationship I agree that love and respect should be together (but I saw other cases also) … LOVE is a huge feeling, which has many faces and deffinitions, and I do not think that the way we love our parents is the exact way how we love our friends or boyfriend/girlfriend...
              Last edited by Anushik; 09-27-2004, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                Sounds like another confused teen thread. I better go to the gym now.
                If you can not understand what I'm talking about, it doesn't meen that I'm confused... maybe you can think about this question in gym (which I do not believe)...

Comment

There are many forms of love and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
                    Agreed, this is a simple thing.. i dont see an issue in loving and tht love growing by the respect you have for whomever..
                    That's a load of sh*t. I think we'd mostly agree that our parents love us, but how many would say that their parents respect them?

Comment

"RESPECT! The terrorists will learn to RESPECT the American Empire. Forget love."
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X