Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Arranged Marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arranged Marriages

What do you guys think of them?

Depends ... is she hot, young and smart, has big breasts, and comes from a rich family? Then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I think it's the most sickening thing ever.

Edit: well, maybe not as sickening as that Bush doing Sadam doing Osama with boobs thread.
    Last edited by Sip; 09-28-2004, 11:06 AM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
      What do you guys think of them?
      Well, more cases than not i have seen large problems.. though they tend to stick together and in a sense "hate" eachother more so than divorce.. but overal.. i would not support it... and i would never be a part of it.
      How do you hurt a masochist?
      -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

I personally would never want to be in an arranged marriage. My parents are NOT coming up to me and saying, "We want you to marry this man." NO WAY!
        I see...

Comment

I'm not as against it as some people are... it's got it's own benefits and disadvantages. Over all, it's probably not something I'd engage in.
          "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I don't think its really that bad. Its not like your parents are going to force you to marry one particular person, they dont even do that in India, at least not anymore. Your parents might introduce you to some guy that they like and would hope that you would like him too, but if there is no chemistry then I doubt your parents are going to force it on you. Although my parents are old fashioned they wouldnt in a million years force a marriage on me with someone I have no connection with. But if in that one chance that your parents somehow manage to introduce you to that special guy then why not. Although its technically not "arranged," they still had some contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna
              I don't think its really that bad. Its not like your parents are going to force you to marry one particular person, they dont even do that in India, at least not anymore. Your parents might introduce you to some guy that they like and would hope that you would like him too, but if there is no chemistry then I doubt your parents are going to force it on you. Although my parents are old fashioned they wouldnt in a million years force a marriage on me with someone I have no connection with. But if in that one chance that your parents somehow manage to introduce you to that special guy then why not. Although its technically not "arranged," they still had some contribution.

You read my mind Inna jan. Of course my parents would never force me to marry anyone I didnt want to. But I must say I do trust their judgement.

Butt...if they know someone thats knows someone that has a cute cuz..hell I dont care. Jkk.... Jkkk....
              You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

I think that to listen opinion of parents is not bad... they saw a lot in their life and they can give a valuable advice... but I do not think that it's someone's right to force me to marry with someone if I do not want... You will live with that person not your parents, so you must choose that person...
                Last edited by Anushik; 09-28-2004, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anushik
                  I think that to listen opinion of perents is not bad... they saw a lot in their life and they can give a valuable advice... but I do not think that it's someone's right to force me to marry with someone if I do not want... You will live with that person nnot your perents, so you must choose that person...
                  No offense intended, but how long have you been living in the United States?

Comment

one year, why???

Comment

Working...
                    X