Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hmm. Check out my situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Dants
    What I've noticed is that when you have the sort of relationship with a girl where you just insult each other all the time (though you both know that it's all in good fun), there's chemistry there. I guess it's that sarcastic S.O.B. thing that Emil was mentioning. But to paraphrase the great Emil once again, you must also have "episodes" of niceness in between. It's a complicated balancing act. If you go too far one way, you're just a jerk, and if you go too far the other, you're a pushover.

Now if somebody's a complete jerk and the girl still falls for him...just be thankful that she doesn't like you. She just has issues.

Yep. I am friends with one girl in particular. I am really sarcastic with her, blunt with her, I'll straight up tell her things, but I know my limit. I'll tell her to shutup in a sarcastic way and she'll give it right back to me. But, I will be nice to her also, I have found my middle ground with her. Like the great Baron said we both know it's in good fun and there is some chemistry there. The other night I told her "It's over! I am not talking to you anymore," she replies with "Nooooooo, I don't want it to be over."
    You are the great one Baron, not I.

Comment

What I've noticed is that when you have the sort of relationship with a girl where you just insult each other all the time (though you both know that it's all in good fun), there's chemistry there. I guess it's that sarcastic S.O.B. thing that Emil was mentioning. But to paraphrase the great Emil once again, you must also have "episodes" of niceness in between. It's a complicated balancing act. If you go too far one way, you're just a jerk, and if you go too far the other, you're a pushover.

Now if somebody's a complete jerk and the girl still falls for him...just be thankful that she doesn't like you. She just has issues.
      OK you and Emil need a reality check. None of what you're thinking is actually true. This is highschool stuff here. Wait...in Baron's case I guess that's ok.

If you don't have a relationship where you can be honest with your feelings you've got pretty much nothing. Who wants to put up with a sarcastic b!tch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
        OK you and Emil need a reality check. None of what you're thinking is actually true. This is highschool stuff here. Wait...in Baron's case I guess that's ok.

If you don't have a relationship where you can be honest with your feelings you've got pretty much nothing. Who wants to put up with a sarcastic b!tch anyway.

You don't believe nice guys finish last?

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
          You don't believe nice guys finish last?
          I don't even know what "nice" means in this context. I do know that if you live selfishly you'll end up 40 single or divorced talking about how you're gonna get some at the local bar/strip club this weekend and what your favorite kind of women's panties are with people who don't want to hear it. That is some sad sxxx
          Last edited by patlajan; 12-19-2004, 04:47 PM.

Comment

lol, SHUT UP YOU! High school yegher...I'm past high school my friend! Had I been in the States or anywhere else in Canada, I'd be in my first year of university, but since I'm in Quebec, I'm in my last year of CEGEP (Different school system than the rest of the world).

And I don't think what the great Emil (no, Emil, YOU'RE the great one ) and I are saying is false. Notice that I'm not talking about when you're "in a relationship". Raaaaaaaaather, the sort of sarcastic play fighting that takes place when you're friends with a girl is often a sign of chemistry, which then leads to the more serious, honest type relationship.

Bah, look at me...talking like Dr. Phil all of a sudden...

Comment

lol, SHUT UP YOU! High school yegher...I'm past high school my friend! Had I been in the States or anywhere else in Canada, I'd be in my first year of university, but since I'm in Quebec, I'm in my last year of CEGEP (Different school system than the rest of the world).

And I don't think what the great Emil (no, Emil, YOU'RE the great one ) and I are saying is false. Notice that I'm not talking about when you're "in a relationship". Raaaaaaaaather, the sort of sarcastic play fighting that takes place when you're friends with a girl is often a sign of chemistry, which then leads to the more serious, honest type relationship.

Bah, look at me...talking like Dr. Phil all of a sudden...
              +1
              Exactly. We are talking about how to act when you're friends, which might lead to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
                +1
                Exactly. We are talking about how to act when you're friends, which might lead to something else.
                That's how not to act. It will lead to a crappy relationship. Sarcasm is only a mask for anger and or frustration. It's gonna take too long to go from the sarcastic crap to the romantic good stuff. But what do I know, we need some girls to weigh in here.
                Last edited by patlajan; 12-19-2004, 06:34 PM.

Comment

That's how not to act. It will lead to a crappy relationship. Sarcasm is only a mask for anger and or frustration. It's gonna take too long to go from the sarcastic crap to the romantic good stuff. But what do I know, we need some girls to weigh in here.

So Mr. Patlajan, how do you act towards girls who are your friends?

Comment

Not necessarily true.

It's better to have sarcasm and have something going for you from a friendship to a relationship with a girl than to have nothing at all.

Every girl is different... I can't say sarcasm works for all, because it obviously doesnt. However, your chances are better when you set up a comfortable atmosphere with humor to make it lead onto other things eventually.

Comment

___As long as it's all in good fun, to me sarcasm is such a turn on. I think that it will "...lead to a crappy relationship" only if one partner abuses sarcasm. Sarcasm can become playful and fun. Well, I for one love it and it is such a turn on. hehe. Sarcasm does not have to be insulting. If both of the people in the relationship enjoy sarcasm and do not take it seriously or personally, then sparks may fly.
                      I see...

Comment

Working...
                      X