Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Traditions and Armenia, help me please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your attitude is quite sweet, but come on. Would you even think a box could have some special traditional meaning if it was from an English girl? I understand youre being extra careful because this is a culture that youre not familiar with, but theres no such need. We are all people.

About what you should do in return...she went through the trouble of mentioning that Armenian men arent romantic - meaning that she is likely to find you romantic already and that she is a fan of romance. I would suggest being romantic, for more specific things just use your knowledge of her (hobbies, favorite things, etc).

I vote "no" on the question of them having met. Not that its a bad thing, we were just curious. Its very possible to be right about a person without having actually met them.

I met a guy online at 14 and we talked for months before he came here to see me. We ended up dating for over a year after that. He joined the army and was on base quite a lot of the time. Every time he could go away for a weekend he came to me instead of to his family and ended up proposing to me three years later.

Best of luck to you guys! I hope that it goes the way you want.
    Last edited by ArmoBarbi; 12-27-2004, 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If you think that the box has a traditional meaning, you have been duped! GET IT GUYS??? DUP IS A BOX IN ARMENIAN! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Comment

lol! yes baron thats lol!

and obi dont pay attention to the tough love we have here from the guys... i think its romantic to meet on valentines day... i agree with armobarbi, it doesnt matter if you have met, unless the other person is seriously ugly, then you have no problems...

no meaning in a dup (box) LOL, and there is good reason to think that there would be, considering that there are traditions in cultures that others woudl NEVER figure out, for example the number of flowers one gives for an occasion... in Armenian tradition if it is a happy occasion we give an ODD number of flowers, if it is a sad occasion we give an even number...

obi see this is good advice, dont give her an even number of flowers... make sure you give her an odd number of flowers... the only flowers that you should consider are roses (red), carnations (pink), or tulips (any color will do)... dont give her a medley of flowers...

you can learn to speak armenian (or just a few important words) like greetings/romantic words...

sorry guys, but in ARMENIA, the guys are not romatic... and in GLENDALE (Armenia 2) the guys are not romantic, and in Hollywood (Armenia 3) the guys are not romantic...

its not an insult, its true, now shape up and be sweet to us...

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
          sorry guys, but in ARMENIA, the guys are not romatic... and in GLENDALE (Armenia 2) [...] and in Hollywood (Armenia 3)

And in Belgium?

Comment

Oh yeah, nunechka gave a good suggestion, learn something romantic to say or write to her in Armenian. Once I learned how to say "I love you" in Estonian for an Estonian guy I liked and he really liked it. May not want to start with "I love you" lol, but something light and sweet would be appreciated, I promise.

Comment

by the way EEK, i associate ROMANCE more with FRENCH! then English...

i think of a dinner for two outside by a lake, with romantic music playing... YUM! i'd make him happy if he did that... like we'd meet in Paris, (the most romantic place on earth), we would go see historic places, then for dinner we would meet, and i would be wearing a beautiful dress, very short, very SEXY! and the candle light would dance with the romantic music as we would sit outside and enjoy each other more then any food they have ti serve (although they are the best in France), the wind would blow in my hair, and it would be all flowing and pretty, and he would run his fingers in my hair... and we would *kiss*

OHH! my GOD i am turning myself on, this is sooooooo.... mmm..... Romantic!

ohhhh obi, there is an awesome jazz restaurant in armenia, and they have small ponds where you can enjoy a ride in the water, i will post the name as soon as i get it...
              or you can go to this place called "Jazvee" its a coffee place but they do have a kitchen and they serve food... the VIP lounge is pretty...

Comment

The dude wants to know what the box means. I believe in this world of FedEx, it is a good way to make sure your package gets there unharmed.

I myself am not good with love, being a 16yr old...but I can tell you one thing, girls are not static...meet with her and find out for yourself, that seems to be the only way to be sure. JUst try.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
                  P.S. She (SagGal) in my opinion gives good advice to some of the heartbroken lovers on this forum. I love how she does it in the sweetest way possible.
                  Aww, that put a smile on my face. I've heard this before, and now that you (someone who never really met me) said that, it put a smile on my face. Thanks girl.
                  I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
                    Maybe the box contains anthrax.
                    We can only pray.
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
                      Once again, the Englishman arrives to save us from our lack of romance. Thank you Mr. English! If there's one thing Armenians have learned, it is to always trust the english.

Maybe the box contains anthrax.

sorry, did we ask you to trust us before??? I do not know when???

did we say the dictator hussain should be expelled, yes... was it for oil... yeah, whatever, but the french had that tied up well before... did the english go to Bosnia for oil, yeah,...errrm, no.... they only have rags, but we went alone. UN came after.... christian states we care for. muslim no. sorry if i offend.

Comment

Working...
                      X