Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is your intellectual thinking keeping you from being social?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thedebutante
    Hey glow dude, you like day glo? haha. listen buddy, it's not poor articulation. I bet you do horribly on any kind of reading comprehension test. But eh, what can I do?
    Yeah, I fail comprehension tests......because I use vague words that mean different things to different people, like "judging", and expect them to read my mind as to how I interpret such words. Day glo? Jesus. Who did you have to bribe....or....do other things to, to get into Stanford?

You CAN'T be this slow. You just CAN'T. I'm posting that I agree the thread is pretty much over (it's a little difficult for it to come full circle when it's derailed), and going over solutions to restore things to the way they were, and you some how equate that to contributing to the derailment. I bet you do horribly at any kind of mathmatics test. No. You needn't say more. You've proved your ability offer nothing credible to a discussion, and give me, Andre and Armand reason to be...."stuck-up".

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson Glow
      Yeah, I fail comprehension tests......because I use vague words that mean different things to different people, like "judging", and expect them to read my mind as to how I interpret such words. Day glo? Jesus. Who did you have to bribe....or....do other things to, to get into Stanford?

You CAN'T be this slow. You just CAN'T. I'm posting that I agree the thread is pretty much over (it's a little difficult for it to come full circle when it's derailed), and going over solutions to restore things to the way they were, and you some how equate that to contributing to the derailment. I bet you do horribly at any kind of mathmatics test. No. You needn't say more. You've proved your ability offer nothing credible to a discussion, and give me, Andre and Armand reason to be...."stuck-up".
      Haha. No, I didnt bribe them. My step father was Ken Kesey, and he got me in! Right after he came back with his magic bus, which he used to conduct those electric kool-aid acid tests. hahahahaha. He was a Stanford alum. Now you get it?

Comment

• deb, I'm never flirting w/ you again! You hear? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
          deb, I'm never flirting w/ you again! You hear? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Es sran inch eghav? haha, mind explaining the sudden umm...outburst?

Comment

• Originally posted by thedebutante
            Es sran inch eghav? haha, mind explaining the sudden umm...outburst?
            No, I'm leaving you in the dark forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
              No, I'm leaving you in the dark forever.

Where I feel right at home, for as my name suggests, I am the woman of the night (also a demon, but that's another story).

Comment

• Allright then, good night, it's finally time for me to do go to bed.

Comment

• Theres too much crap here to read up on, but I believe Anonymouse made a clear distinction between "Feeling" superior and knowing oneself to be superior.

When I mentioned different levels of worldly experience, I was directly drawing inspiration from Plato's Allegory of The Cave. Now I wont go into great detail about it because I don't feel like typing 10 pages but a brief summary and conclusion follows:

at the lowest level are people chained to each other marching along forward unable to move their necks. They see a light source glaring towards the wall but do not understand why it is so. They believe the walls are moving, when in fact they are just shadows cast by various creatures. The people at this lowest level understand nothing but what they see with their own eyes, straight in front of them.

These are the "sheep" of society

Then, theres the person that is able to turn their neck, they look back and see the glare is coming from a fire that is burning, and the movement of the wall is actually shadows created by the creatures passing by the fire.

The level of understanding/intellect of this person is obviously above the chained lower group.

Then stretching it even further, this person begins to ponder how the fire is being kept alive and follows a pathway to the earths surface.... and then postulates that the sun, wind, water, and other wordly forces make everything so.

This person, not only feels supreme, but is supreme. He goes back down to the cave and talks to the chained men of the lower caste and says, look, the walls arnt really moving, theres actually a fire that burns and animals that walk in front of it that create a shadow on the wall. The fire is kept alive by the air and blablablabla. When the people of this lower caste hear this, they laugh and such a notion. Why? Because the world they live in doesn't have such things as fire, shadows, or air...all they know is what they're exposed to. They are unable to formulate any interesting thoughts because they never had the desire to seek knowledge or hold any views of things in which they can not see directly before their very eyes.

Anyway, what im getting at is there ARE levels of intelligence, and it makes perfect rational sense for someone to claim that they KNOW that they are above others. If someone claims that they KNOW that they are above every person out there, is impossible, for that person would have to know every single person alive.

I'm getting sick of this accept everyone as your equal hogwash. People are different, people come from different backgrounds, people have different hobbies, people look different, people act different, people THINK DIFFERENT! ... some people hardly think, some people think often.

As long as intelligence is valued over stupidity, there WILL be levels of people in regards to their intellect in which people belonging more so to the higher levels WILL be supreme/better than those of the lower levels.

so... if I am speaking to a gangsta wannabe with little to no view on life other than slappin tha hos and smoking a blunt, I KNOW I am above them, I AM supreme to them, it's more than just a feeling.

Back to the topic...I cant get along with people I KNOW I am above. I give it a try because people say I should just be more "open" but it doesnt work. I am not comfortable with people that have little self-awareness. What is there to talk about with people that have no views/beliefs, and no supporting evidence for why they think the way they do.

I can talk about a football game....or the latest cooooool music video on mtv's TRL...... or how cooool my new trendy retro sunglasses look....or how coool it would be go get wassteeeddd partying every weekend. I am not interested in such conversations...and I am not interested in such people.
                  Last edited by IamLegend; 02-22-2005, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• Legend, then you should stay away from such people and engage in conversations with people like you (or rather, at your level). In your post, you just divided people into groups, not singling out individuals (not saying that there was one person in that cave no one understood. btw, when i first heard that analogy, it struck a nerve a few years ago). So what I have a problem with is people coming here and saying that they can't find anyone at their level and that they are above everyone else. And my argument is that such people are undeserving of other people's company. That's all. I am sure that there are people who are compatible with you. It's just a shame you haven't found them yet.

Comment

• Debutante, Anonymouse, and winoman, you're all being warned. If you can't get the idea that we aren't six years old here and a certain level of intelligent, mature discussion is expected (granted, not much, but in a thread devoted largely to bemoaning a lack of intelligent discussion, it seems a particularly good idea to include some intelligent discussion). This thread is closed. IamLegend, if you would like, PM me and I will move your posts into another thread where you can continue what you wanted to say. Or, if you'd like, you can simply repost what you've already posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X