Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sexual territorialism? (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
    As for the advice: I see your point about sounding neurotic and complicating things, but you treat it as a conscious decision Ive made, when there is nothing but emotion at play here. (Ive explained this)
    Should one not temper troublesome and inappropriate emotional responses?

The very reason I asked for advice is in the hopes of eliminating this issue, and it is an issue whether you validate it or not.
    I acknowledge that the feelings you are having are an issue. Did it seem that I was not?

I dont think its normal to not care when youre in love with a person.
    Based on what? Most people (at least every single one I've ever known) that are in love could care less that their lovers have had sexual relations in the past. It isn't exactly unexpected.

The thought makes me want to puke because its wrong, not because I have performance anxiety over something that wont happen for months anyway.
    Wait a second. What exactly is wrong about having sex with a person? Especially given that he has said he was actually in love with them at the time. What did he do wrong?

I think the only reason most people now dont care is because they are hardly innocent themselves and are desensetized to pervertion, which is why I think having sex with a third party would fix this for me, but that is clearly not an option.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now having sex with a woman you are in love with is perversion? What is going on here?

I wish it were as easy as you telling me to stop feeling this way, its just not.
    Hey, feel however you want. Heck, you can even feel ways you don't want. It just seems obvious to me that these feelings originate, not from nowhere, but from certain viewpoints you have that are rather archaic and naive. If you can eliminate these viewpoints, then perhaps you can eliminate the negative feelings. Of course, if you want to continue to have ridiculous responses to everyday things disrupt your love life, be my guest. Look, I know I'm being condescending, but exactly what kind of advice were you hoping for? I'm getting the impression that you just want people to agree with you and tell you that you have every right to be upset.

For years I have been abstaining from sex while masturbating almost every day. I think about sex all the time, and it drives me crazy that I cant have it.
    That isn't exactly healthy, Barbi.

Anyway, here is the thing... I guess I resent him in a way for having this pleasure while I have been depriving myself. I actually feel this way about Armenian guys having sex and wanting to marry virgins in general, but I really start feeling badly when it hits so close to home.
    Does this guy say that he would only marry a virgin, or that he expects his wife to be a virgin? If so, then sure, you have a right to be angry at him, as he is a hypocrite.

On the other hand, there is no justification in being mad at a person who experiences pleasure while you do not. That is simply jealousy of another kind, and it was your decision to abstain. You can't expect everybody not to express their love for another in every way nature gives allowance to.

If I cant, and I will end up feeling this way on my wedding night, then so be it, but I think I should at least give it a try... so where does that leave me? That I dont know...
    If it helps, you're not exactly in a unique situation. Plenty of people resent and judge their lovers, and plenty of people suffer from neuroses that plague their love life. You seem to be taking the right course; just realize that he did nothing wrong and you love him anyway and keep on with it. You're right to say that you can't really help the way you feel, no matter how silly it may be. I get angry over stupid little things, too. You just have to acknowledge that you're being silly, and that he will be at times as well. There's no reason why it should ruin anything.

Comment

Basically we make rules with double standards also, and we can, because we are Armenian!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
        No because this rule does not apply on your countrymen.It applies while you are having a sexual intercours only with a foreigner.

Perhaps reading my earlier post would be more helpful.
        Why? Every post you've made indicates that you think the act of 'screwing' is an act of the male invading the female. Now it only applies to people that live on the other side of imaginary lines on maps?

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
          I acknowledge that the feelings you are having are an issue. Did it seem that I was not?

*I said validate, dont worry about it.

Based on what? Most people (at least every single one I've ever known) that are in love could care less that their lovers have had sexual relations in the past. It isn't exactly unexpected.

*Yes, I realize this, refer to what I said next.

Wait a second. What exactly is wrong about having sex with a person? Especially given that he has said he was actually in love with them at the time. What did he do wrong?

*Its wrong, in my opinion, to have sex outside of a relationship where a family is being created, since sex exists as a means of reproduction, not of humans "expressing their love".

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now having sex with a woman you are in love with is perversion? What is going on here?

*Refer to my previous comment.

Hey, feel however you want. Heck, you can even feel ways you don't want. It just seems obvious to me that these feelings originate, not from nowhere, but from certain viewpoints you have that are rather archaic and naive. If you can eliminate these viewpoints, then perhaps you can eliminate the negative feelings. Of course, if you want to continue to have ridiculous responses to everyday things disrupt your love life, be my guest. Look, I know I'm being condescending, but exactly what kind of advice were you hoping for? I'm getting the impression that you just want people to agree with you and tell you that you have every right to be upset.

*In a way, I do, I guess this is a part of me being silly...

That isn't exactly healthy, Barbi.

*I agree. I really wish I could handle it your way, but Im afraid my "archaic" mentality wouldnt let me look at myself in the mirror after. I dont like it either.

Does this guy say that he would only marry a virgin, or that he expects his wife to be a virgin? If so, then sure, you have a right to be angry at him, as he is a hypocrite.

*He wants to, yes, but he isnt a hypocrite since he isnt having sex till marriage now and regrets when he did before.

On the other hand, there is no justification in being mad at a person who experiences pleasure while you do not. That is simply jealousy of another kind, and it was your decision to abstain. You can't expect everybody not to express their love for another in every way nature gives allowance to.

*I see this as weak, and I really have the right after years of self control. Im sorry, I really do resent people who have premarrital sex. Its not a jealousy, although I agree that its not great....

If it helps, you're not exactly in a unique situation. Plenty of people resent and judge their lovers, and plenty of people suffer from neuroses that plague their love life. You seem to be taking the right course; just realize that he did nothing wrong and you love him anyway and keep on with it. You're right to say that you can't really help the way you feel, no matter how silly it may be. I get angry over stupid little things, too. You just have to acknowledge that you're being silly, and that he will be at times as well. There's no reason why it should ruin anything.
          Youre right. Im only hurting myself and my bf with this. I guess Ill try to see myself as wrong for once lol Thanks for the honesty.

Comment

Every post you've made indicates that you think the act of 'screwing' is an act of the male invading the female.
            The topic of the thread is regarding sexual territorialism.That is why i made this comparison and because as i said in my first post, when a foreigner screws an armenian girl, for me , it is as if she is screwing my country.While when an armenian male is screwing a foreign female it is the opposite.

Now it only applies to people that live on the other side of imaginary lines on maps?
            Yes.

There is no point to take this conversation so seriously.We were just joking.

Comment

ArmoBari - I feel for you and your perhaps unecesary pain. Louseyourname made some very good points in his post #81 on this thread and I second them. Its a shame that folks (mostly guys) have such preconcieved ideas that end up placeing such burdens on women. Its high time for women to wake up to this BS. I know that doesn't help your situation - and it is clear that you are thinking alot on all of this already - but your just going to have to work out what is right for you - but don't let others' think for you and determine how you live your life. Good luck in finding yourself and in doing what is right for you.

Comment

wino, a little corny, but appreciated. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                  wino, a little corny, but appreciated. thanks.
                  Your welcome certainly...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
                    There is no point to take this conversation so seriously.We were just joking.
                    My questions were no more serious than your answers. At least I knew you were joking (then again, you admitted as much a page back or so - I suppose I never did).

Comment

Im not sure how, but I think this helped... We've talked about this recently, and some related things, and Im feeling a lot better. I dont think this will be a problem anymore. Im so happy. I was really feeling desporate. Thanks to those who helped/supported me.

Comment

Working...
                      X