Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Guy #1: Total loser. I HATE people that are rude to waiters.

Guy #2: I mean come on ... demanding to pay is basically our modern day version of the bigger monkey slapping the xxxx out of the little monkies in the monkey tribe to establish hierarchy. But there is a fine line between it being a nice social gesture vs a completely rediculous macho fronting behavior.

Guy #3: LOL
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
      Guy #1: Total loser. I HATE people that are rude to waiters.

Guy #2: I mean come on ... demanding to pay is basically our modern day version of the bigger monkey slapping the xxxx out of the little monkies in the monkey tribe to establish hierarchy. But there is a fine line between it being a nice social gesture vs a completely rediculous macho fronting behavior.

Guy #3: LOL
      LOL. Yes, I thought the same.
      #1, Jerk. Not only was he very rude, but he seemed to create an absurd and crazy reason to be rude. (Plus, if someone treats a waiter this way, how would he treat a girlfriend?)
      #2, That was only a sample of the things he did that added up to 'no way.'
      #3, I really think that guy intentionally had me call that number to make his girlfriend jealous. That guy pissed me off on so many levels.

-----
      The BIGGEST nightmares I’ve had on dates have been things that had nothing to do with my date, but rather my ex-husband. He tried to sabotage my dates. I have no time for that crap, either, but that's hard to avoid. He told me he was ‘messing up my dates, like I did with his.” What he is talking about is the ‘date’ he was on, that ‘I ruined,’ WHILE we were married. One night, I called my (then) husband’s cell wondering why he was late. A woman answered it while he was in another room. I asked for him and she asked me, “Who is this.” I said, “I’m his wife.” The girl (his girlfriend) got really upset and started yelling at him and apologizing to me. Poor girl. I told her it wasn’t her fault. He’s a con man. I had zero tolerance for infidelity and dishonesty in marriage. He knew that. I divorced him.

I always leave my plans and a phone number with my roommate so that I could be reached for an emergency. My ex once called my house and asked where I was. My roommate told him ...(duh!?) AND also gave him the number (my date’s number) to reach me. My ex then called the number and said a bunch of crazy and terrible things. When I confronted my ex about the call, he told me, “You messed up my date so I did the same.” So he was bitter about how ‘I ruined’ his affair. ?

He has, on more than one occasion, found out that I have a date and backed out of having our child at his house. He would cancel at the last minute (so that I then must also cancel my date.) I’ve learned to set up a backup babysitter in case he ever pulls that. Once a date picked me up at my house and we were waiting for my ex to pick up my child. When my ex arrived he said in front of us, “You’re going out with this loser? You can do better.” I felt terrible and mostly spent the date apologizing to him about my ex’s behavior.

It is hard enough to find someone who I am interested in spending time with… (plus someone who doesn’t mind ‘dating’ a single mom). Add the mean ex to the equation and dating becomes very stressful. I think my ex is insane, though I remain amicable with him for our child’s sake. Thank goodness he now has a fiancée and seems to have lost much interest in revenge and jealousy about my personal life! I’m glad that the ex-husband crap seems to have subsided, because that layer of nonsense made dating, and my life in general, very difficult.

Relatively speaking, One-way, your date sounds more than ok, to me.
      Last edited by Anahita; 03-18-2006, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Wow. After reading all that, that's really horrible. You're ex-husband sounds like an IDIOT. He's mad at your for ruining his affair, so now he's trying to ruin your dates? Lol, what the hell..?

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
          Wow. After reading all that, that's really horrible. You're ex-husband sounds like an IDIOT. He's mad at your for ruining his affair, so now he's trying to ruin your dates? Lol, what the hell..?
          He's a smart, cunning jerk much of the time. He uses his intelligence to compensate for his very low emotional (and moral) IQ. He is smart enough to know how to act 'dumb,' when it benefits him. He knows exactly what he is doing. I am smart enough to see, and now forsee, his chess moves. Good for me I catch on quick and I'm smarter than him. But, still, this nonsense still makes me cry.
          Last edited by Anahita; 03-18-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Having a date wait with you while your ex-hustband comes to pick up your child is definitely not a good way to start a date..

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
                Having a date wait with you while your ex-hustband comes to pick up your child is definitely not a good way to start a date..
                EXACTLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                  EXACTLY!
                  So why did you do it? Surely you could have met up with your date later, or even told him you'd call when ready (if your ex didn't give you an exact time on when he'll pick up the child).

Comment

My ex didn't show up when he was supposed to show.

Comment

Psycho Ex's............ Yea know a few like that unfortunately. At least he is out of your life now (well dating life that is).

Oh my gosh your date examples. WOW. I thought weird people were only in australia hehehe.

Have you ever done an fake emergency phone call to get out of a really bad date??

I went out with this guy once (after months and months of him harrassing me) (maybe that was a good sign not to go out with him at all hehehe. Anyways, the Date went something like this. Wrong from the first min I saw him.

1. First he didn't want to drive ( and I didn't want to get taxis etc) I drove, so I picked him up. (0 points)
                      2. Once we got to the bar, he didn't wait for me, he walked ahead of me. (-200 points)
                      3. at the bar he bought the drinks (+100 points)
                      4. while at the bar, I went to the bathroom, when I got back to where we were he was talking to the DJ. didn't acknowledge that I was back, he had his back turned on me talking to the DJ (- 200000 points)
                      5. went to a movie which I had already seen a week prior (he knew about it yet insisted on seing that movie) (-3000)
                      6. got us VIP seats at the cinema ( at this stage he is not gaining any points)
                      7. trying to get me drunk at the movies (-9872785078575275 points)
                      8. when leaving the movies suggesting we go to some motel (need I say more?)

Yet he had the hide to call me a week later saying lets go out, and a month after that I saw him at this club and ignored him, he got upset that I was ignoring him.

hope this made you feel better.

Comment

Working...
                      X