Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Originally posted by Sip
    Let me guess ... the "private lake" was Lake Michigan?
    More of a pond, but ...LOL

Comment

I don't do the "wait three days to call her" thing. A lot of people I know say, "You shoudn't seem to eager, or act like you're too interested. Play it cool."

Man, how about I just be myself. I'm not trying to put up a front.

Comment

I really don't understand the 3-day thing at all. If you are not interested in a person, why would you call them at all? And if you are interestd in dating a person, shouldn't you be very interested? What does it mean to be "too interested" or "too eager"?

I mean just think about it ... is anyone really going to say "oh no this person likes me too much and so I won't go out with him or her"?

But as far as demanding commitment or what not, yah I can see how any sort of demand can scare off people. At the same time, I can say that when I am dating someone, I am not looking for a future pet or a "gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe" type of person. I think an individual with her own interests, goals, aspirations, wishes, and desires is faaaaaaaaaaar more interesting than a commitment machine or someone that is going to go waaay out of her way to please me (like a pet).
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Three days says he's interested, but is not dying over you. That makes the guy look cool. Supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
            I really don't understand the 3-day thing at all. If you are not interested in a person, why would you call them at all? And if you are interestd in dating a person, shouldn't you be very interested? What does it mean to be "too interested" or "too eager"?

I mean just think about it ... is anyone really going to say "oh no this person
            likes me too much and so I won't go out with him or her"?
            Precisely. I agree (and that's why I think some 'rule' like that just makes dating into a confusing game. Games should be fun/funny/enjoyable, not stressful! A dating 'game' should be something like mutual flirting.)

But as far as demanding commitment or what not, yah I can see how any sort of demand can scare off people. At the same time, I can say that when I am dating someone, I am not looking for a future pet or a "gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe" type of person. I think an individual with her own interests, goals, aspirations, wishes, and desires is faaaaaaaaaaar more interesting than a commitment machine or someone that is going to go waaay out of her way to please me (like a pet).
            Well I wouldn't like a demand, ever. I'm not sure what you interpret as a demand, though. Also, I sure wouldn't want to be the, or have the, gum stuck on a shoe. I also wouldn't want to be, or have, a 'pet,' either. But, it is nice if you really enjoyed each other's company to not be running off to the next date right away (because, who knows, maybe in time you wouldn't even want to.) That's how I think, anyway.

Three days says he's interested, but is not dying over you. That makes the guy look cool. Supposedly.
            If *I* had a first date, the first 24 hours mean lots to me. Someone who genuinely liked spending time with me would let me know. If a guy says, "I will call you tomorrow." But waits 3 days, I take that as something like a broken promise. If someone doesn't promise to call at all, but does contact me right away... different story.
            Last edited by Anahita; 03-22-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

All I gave you, was broken promises.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
                All I gave you, was broken promises.

So, long story stort. I forgive you.

Comment

Hahahahaha.

:kiss:

Comment

MUWAAA... One-way. You don't have to feel guilty about my friendly internet 'kiss'

Originally posted by Sip

I mean just think about it ... is anyone really going to say "oh no this person
                    likes me too much and so I won't go out with him or her"?
                    Precisely. I agree (and that's why I think some 'rule' like that just makes dating into a confusing game. Games should be fun/funny/enjoyable, not stressful! A dating 'game' should be something like mutual flirting.)

Well I would like to think that I do not 'demand.' I guess that's another of the 'multiple meaning words." I would like someone to define, 'demand.' For me, **I neither want to boss or want a boss."** I want to find a mutually happy arrangement (of course, everybody argues, but that's what I want for in a 'relationship.')

I mean, both the man and woman view (first they'd have to notice that) each other as equally important and unique and amazing human beings.

I'm not sure what men in general interpret as a 'demand,' though. Is a hint of commitment a demand? What if a woman thinks I'm not looking anymore unless this guy doesn't turn out to be what I think, but never really says that. Is that a demand? ("TEST" as you call it, text later...) Also, I sure wouldn't want to be the, or have the, gum stuck on a shoe. I also wouldn't want to be, or have, a 'pet,' either. But, it is nice if you really enjoyed each other's company to not be running off to the next date right away (because, who knows, maybe in time you wouldn't even want to.) I don't like when someone goes way out of their way to please me...LIKE WITH ALL I believe in... I want someone to want to do what they do. I wouldn't want someone to do something simply because 'I say so." No, no. I might be persuasive, but if someone doesn't feel whatever themselves, then whatever action they take is just to appease (could be dishonest a little, too.) That's how I think, anyway.

With first date (for me), the first 24 hours mean lots. Someone who genuinely liked spending time with me would let me know.

If a guy SAYS, "I will call you tomorrow." HE SHOULD CALL IF HE SAYS HE WILL, otherwise huge minus 'points,' as Crissy puts it. If he waits 3 days (that's weird), but if he waits that yet said he'd call me 'tomorrow', I take that as something like a broken promise--and I see him as not worthy of my trust. If someone doesn't promise to call at all, but does contact me right away... different story. LONG LESSON SHORT: DO NOT promise to call unless you are 100% certain that you will (minus any REAL emergency, after which you would call to explain why you didn't keep your promise. OTHERWISE, just don't promise to call. DUH. )
                    Last edited by Anahita; 03-22-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                      MUWAAA... One-way. You don't have to feel guilty about my friendly internet 'kiss'
                      Who says it was friendly?

Comment

Working...
                      X