Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Consequences of Anti-Vax misinformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consequences of Anti-Vax misinformation

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    Christina had mentioned she got it from a homeopathic practitioner, so I was assuming it was a homeopathic remedy - homeopathic medicines are not concoctions of vitamins, they are very very very small amounts of some substance that supposedly cures something, delivered inside a neutral substance of much greater volume, usually water or an oil.
    Worse... the dilutions they use are such that there's not even a molecule of anything BUT water left.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Modern homeopathy consists of studying nutrition if I'm not mistaken.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        Modern homeopathy consists of studying nutrition if I'm not mistaken.
        I believe you are mistaken. At best, maaaaybe they give people nutritional supplements too?
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          I believe you are mistaken. At best, maaaaybe they give people nutritional supplements too?
          I'm pretty sure accredited institutions teach nutrition and evidence based science albeit at a more liberal level.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'm pretty sure accredited institutions teach nutrition and evidence based science albeit at a more liberal level.
            Institutions accredited to by whom for what? And what does "liberal level" mean exactly? Liberal level of what? Science?

Comment

Worse... the dilutions they use are such that there's not even a molecule of anything BUT water left.
              Thoughthere are ways that the body reacts to disease or damage that mainstream medicine doesn't explain. Like the way some diseases or injuries or harmful substances can cure us of other apparently unconnected ailments.

I remember about 15 years ago I was travelling in Georgia (the Georgia north of Armenia)and I bought a cheap tube of toothpaste made in India - I think there might have been too high a concentration of flouride in it and within a few hours of using it I got a bad physical reaction to it, swelling of my gums and my skin swelling around my neck and all the way down my arms to my wrist. It was very alarming at the time, and it lasted for about 12 hours but there was a happy side effect. Since I was about aged 10 I had got a recurring itchy rash on the skin of each arm at the joint, it would appear every 3 or 4 months, then would fade away when treated, only to always come back again a few months later. And I had that itchy rash when I got the allergic reaction. But it vanished within a few days of the reaction and it has never again reappeared.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

This is where Siggie says "Anecdotes isn't science".

Institutions accredited to by whom for what? And what does "liberal level" mean exactly? Liberal level of what? Science?
                There are accredited programs for homeopathy
                http://www.chedu.org/accredschools.html

"The Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine (CCHM) will continue to uphold the highest standards of academic and clinical training. The College offers a comprehensive part-time 3-year diploma program in Homeopathy, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, with in-class and Distance Education options.In September, we will expand our Clinical Internship program to include training and mentorship in our affiliate multidisciplinary Clinic ‘Blueprint Wholistic Health’, launching in April. CCHM will continue to invest in innovation, partnering with the finest faculty and embracing new technology to better meet the demands of our students."

http://www.homeopathycanada.com/

Comment

Science
                  We do what we must because we can
                  For the good of all of us
                  Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no point crying
                  over every mistake
                  You just keep on trying
                  till you run out of cake.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

There are accredited programs for homeopathy
                    http://www.chedu.org/accredschools.html

"The Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine (CCHM) will continue to uphold the highest standards of academic and clinical training. The College offers a comprehensive part-time 3-year diploma program in Homeopathy, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, with in-class and Distance Education options.In September, we will expand our Clinical Internship program to include training and mentorship in our affiliate multidisciplinary Clinic ‘Blueprint Wholistic Health’, launching in April. CCHM will continue to invest in innovation, partnering with the finest faculty and embracing new technology to better meet the demands of our students."

http://www.homeopathycanada.com/
                    Accredited by the swindler's guild? That doesn't mean sh!t!

Comment

Accredited by the swindler's guild? That doesn't mean sh!t!
                      Neither does being approved by the FDA!!

Comment

Working...
                      X