Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBA News

So if the Spurs win Monday what will your excuse be?
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

I've said this 74 times but I'll say it again because Spurs fans don't listen. I'm not denying anything. I'm simply saying that Lakers will win the championship this year, just like I said last year. Spurs won't be an obstacle, just like they weren't last year. This is, for the most part, common sense. Spurs aren't as good as you think they are, not anymore. Denver might prove to be a challenge, but even then, Lakers will in.

Lakers will win Monday. If they lose, they lose. I'm just saying Spurs won't fall in their way during the playoffs... because they aren't a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        I've said this 74 times but I'll say it again because Spurs fans don't listen. I'm not denying anything. I'm simply saying that Lakers will win the championship this year, just like I said last year. Spurs won't be an obstacle, just like they weren't last year. This is, for the most part, common sense. Spurs aren't as good as you think they are, not anymore. Denver might prove to be a challenge, but even then, Lakers will in.

Lakers will win Monday. If they lose, they lose. I'm just saying Spurs won't fall in their way during the playoffs... because they aren't a good team.
        We just have to wait & see
        Remember Kobe is struggiling with some injuries this season.

Comment

Okay, Pepsi. Let's wait and see, like we did this time last year. We waited. We saw.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
            Okay, Pepsi. Let's wait and see, like we did this time last year. We waited. We saw.
            Ok we will see.

Comment

Larry Brown: Michael Jordan determined to buy Bobcats

North Carolina (AP) — Michael Jordan has been called the NBA's greatest player, a supreme competitor and top pitchman.
              Jordan soon could have a much different role: team owner.

Charlotte coach Larry Brown said Monday night that Jordan has told him he's doing all he can to buy majority control of the Bobcats from owner Bob Johnson.

"He said he's doing his best to put himself in a position to get the team," Brown said after practice. "He wants it badly."

Charlotte Bobcats

Johnson is eager to sell the unprofitable club, and NBA commissioner David Stern said Saturday he expects a deal to be completed within two months.

While Stern has said Jordan owning the team "would be a good thing," he may have competition. Former Houston Rockets executive George Postolos has made inquiries, and it's possible if Postolos gets control Jordan would no longer have a role with the team.

Jordan, currently a part owner with the final say on basketball decisions, would have to put an ownership group together and agree with Johnson on a price. Jordan declined comment Monday through a team spokesman.

"I didn't talk to him about the particulars," Brown said of his conversation with Jordan last week. "He just told me don't believe everything you read in the paper and I'm trying my hardest to get this thing done. I'm hopeful that at the end of the day Michael will be running the Bobcats."

Postolos, who once worked as an assistant to Stern in the NBA offices, has been in talks with Johnson for months.

"I am still not talking to media about Charlotte," Postolos wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Monday.

Jordan currently has a unique role in Charlotte. While he runs the basketball operations, he's not officially a team employee and rarely attends practices or games. But he was able to lure Brown, a fellow Hall of Famer, to coach the Bobcats and Charlotte (26-25) is in position to make its first playoff appearance this season.

"Anytime I read a possibility that Michael is not going to be involved it impacts my family and me because I came here because of him," said Brown, in his record ninth NBA head coaching job. "Now after I got here I realized there were a lot of real plusses for being here. But again, I wouldn't have thought about it and I've been thrilled since I've gotten here with the arrangement."

Guard Raymond Felton (FSY) was even more confident that a deal would be struck to make one of North Carolina's most popular figures owner of the state's NBA team.

"From what I've been hearing it's probably going to happen," Felton said. "So I hope it works out and he gets the team."

Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television and the first black majority owner of a major professional sports team, also wasn't talking Monday. He has declined interview requests for months.

What's clear is Johnson is looking to unload the Bobcats. After paying $300 million for the expansion franchise that began play in 2004-05, Johnson has lost tens of millions of dollars each season as the Bobcats have struggled to draw fans and find sponsorships.

But after five losing seasons, the Bobcats sit in sixth place ahead of Tuesday's game against New Jersey.

"(Johnson) wanted the snow in Dallas to freeze the season so that the Bobcats would go right to the playoffs for the first time," Stern joked at his news conference Saturday. "So I think they have done a good job of putting a team together."

Jordan has had a role in that since buying into the team in 2006 and getting control over basketball decisions. After a rocky beginning that included drafting the disappointing Adam Morrison (FSY), he's made several moves that have helped the team, including November's acquisition of Stephen Jackson (FSY) from Golden State.

Owning a team outright would be another milestone for the six-time NBA champion.

"He's as good a player as we've ever had in this sport. He's a wonderful guy," Brown said. "I think when the NBA bounced back, Magic (Johnson) and Larry (Bird) and then Michael sustained it. A lot of people owe a lot to him. I don't think David Stern takes that lightly. I think he admires Michael and realizes what he means to our sport.

"I just think we've got to have him involved. ... I just can't see the NBA without him being involved."

Comment

Cavs strike deal for Wizards’ Jamison

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison, league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, a first-round pick and the draft rights to Emil Preldzic to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner and Al Thornton from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden to the Clippers.

Other Popular Sports StoriesLakers keep winning without injured Kobe WR Stallworth finds team after yearlong ban More From Adrian WojnarowskiCavs talks with Wizards intensify Feb 16, 2010 Spurs look to trade McDyess, eye Thomas Feb 16, 2010 The Clippers will buy out Gooden, a league source said.

The Cavaliers’ decision to acquire Jamison came a day after talks between the teams intensified and shortly after the Phoenix Suns informed Cleveland its offer for Amar’e Stoudemire – Ilgauskas, J.J. Hickson, Danny Green and a first-round pick – wasn’t good enough.

One source with knowledge of the Suns’ talks said none of Phoenix’s trade options looked close – and that the Suns have not ruled out keeping Stoudemire past Thursday’s deadline.

The source said the Miami Heat also haven’t come close to putting together an enticing offer for Stoudemire.

Phoenix “might still do [a trade],” the source said, “but if there is one, it won’t be done until the 11th hour.”

Comment

Spurs vs Suns

It was an exciting game all the ay to the end, with the Spurs up by 2 they turn it over & Jason Richardson misses a wide open dunk

Spurs win by 3.

Comment

Heat suspend Alston indefinitely

MIAMI (AP)—Rafer Alston’s future with the Miami Heat is in serious doubt.

The 11th-year point guard has been suspended by the team, which made the announcement about two hours after beating Atlanta on Saturday night. Alston was not at the arena for the game, with the Heat saying he was inactive for personal reasons and coach Erik Spoelstra only saying more details would likely be released Sunday.

“Rafer Alston, while having made contact with the team via text message, has made himself otherwise unavailable to the team. As a result he has been suspended indefinitely,” the team said in a release.

Alston could not be reached for comment. He did not immediately respond to an e-mail message.

He played the first 6 minutes, 41 seconds of Miami’s win over Golden State on Tuesday, then appeared to be upset when removed from that game. Alston hasn’t played since, sitting out all of the Heat victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, telling reporters before that game that he had been removed from the starting lineup.

He has played in 25 games for the Heat since rejoining the club on Jan. 7, averaging 6.6 points and 2.9 assists.

Alston said earlier this season that he was “thrilled” to be back in Miami, where he spent the 2003-04 season, Dwyane Wade’s(notes) rookie year. He also had said he intended to continue playing after this season, even hoping to sign a new contract with the Heat.

“I don’t want to play anywhere else,” Alston said in late January.

Comment

Easter Showdown

Spurs Lakers

12 30 on ABC

Comment

Working...
                      X