Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

PRIDE and UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRIDE and UFC

I know no one here is interested, but last week it was the Pride Fighting Championships Final Round of the Grand Prix and I have a highlight video which I thought I could post.

In any event, UFC is this weekend in which Randy Couture will take on Vitor Belfort for the main event. There is also an undercard featuring Karo Parisyan. Be sure to check it out.

Achkerov kute.

Karo Won his fight with Nick Diaz ........... He is probably fighting the winner of the George St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes matchup in the next UFC.

This pic was actually taked after training before Karo won the WEC belt against Shonie Carter.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Karo did win indeed. I am happy. I was rooting for him. It shouldn't have even been a split. He dominated Diaz. But screw those UFC judges anyway. By the way, what's your take on Hughes, if Karo fights him. You think he can pull a win off of St. Pierre this time? I still think Karo needs to build up more, add some strength. Otherwise, his technique is uncanny.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

The time he fought George he had to loose 15 lbs in one day. I dont think Karo had ever encountered "making weight" before, that alone is a pain in the ***. Now that has passed he has more of an idea of watching his weight ahead of time. If he were to rematch George he will win, if he takes on Matt he will have his hands full but I see him winning that too as long as he keeps working on his stand up skills to accent his phenominal judo skills. As far as the UFC judges ..... I know Doc Hamilton and Cecil Peoples to be great at what they do ..... I did hear the referee had made a bad call in the third round ( I didnt see the 3rd round personally ).

Comment

Wow, I didn't know he had to lose 15 lbs in one day. I'm pretty sure that's a bytch. I really do think he could have taken St. Pierre, it was a real close call. Indeed, I wonder if he wanted to improve on his stand up too. I think with Hughes, all Karo would have to worry about his Hughes' power, but Karo's technique and submission skills are enough to get around it. Have you ever thought of mixed martial arts or K-1?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Karo told me that he actually had George in a Kamora a couple times but couldnt seem to finish the move due to the strength lost from dropping so much weight rapidly. Matt hughes had to loose a little over 20 lbs. that night.
            As far as MMA and I, I am interested in that in the future and have dabbled with it with the help of Karo and a few others but I have found that my plate is pretty full with kickboxing ( a pro boxing debut effective by the years end ) and my business, so MMA will come in time.
            I have fought on a few K-1 shows already. I was scheduled to fight in April but was injured in training and August didnt work out due to a contract expirartion, that is why I made quick arrangements for the September title fight. By the way, k-1 is a heavyweight tournament and I fight at 142-147 lbs. ..... I have been contacted to fight in the K-1 MAX tournament ( 154 lbs. ) (debuting in the US soon) but Im still discussing that with my camp.

Comment

Right on man, that's cool. What is your training like and your nutrition? How soon do you prep before a fight?

Now that you mention it, Karo did look a little skinny in that fight. I did notice the Kimura's and it was a shame he had lost so much weight. It's significant enough to debilitate him in the ring. It was always a hidden dream of mine to fight, but circumstances never led me to it. I did do Judo for a while with Gokor, and strangely enough Karo was there at the time and I would be a Judo dummy for him, and Manvel as well. I did see him in highschool for a year, until he left for another one I believe.

By the way, not that it matters, I'm not a big fan of the American fans of UFC. They are idiots, and don't know how to appreciate the beauty of a fight and technique whether on the floor or stand up. It seems they prefer drunken nuts like Tank Abbott, who was exciting, but nonetheless exception to the rule. The Japanese fans are better I notice during Pride events.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

This fight in particular, i have been training for a few months. I tore my calf muscle on April 2nd and was to fight on the K-1 show April 30. I did everything in my power but the injuiry didnt heal in time. I was out for 2 months. Gained 20 lbs. then as my leg healed well enough I began training , increasing the intensity level every other week. A month and a half ago I felt me leg had completely healed so I started running 5 miles a couple times a week to keep my weight down. I did my strength training twice a week with a sponsor www.somaticnutrition.com and trained 5-6 times a week with my 3 trainers. This last month was hell but I feel great !! With the August K-1 fight falling through, it gave me more time to get in better shape to fight the upcoming one.
                As far as you fighting ....... there are small shows almost every week within LA where you are matched by weight and experience and fight in front of an audience with full gear on ( kickboxing ) and also grappling tournament held once a year in Vegas. Most people completing in these shows arent top notch amateurs so I do feel you will get your dream fulfilled if you go through with it. That way you will still be fighting without reprecutions of getting seriously injuired due to the fact of wearing full protective gear and the experience level of your opponents. Im actually making plans to compete in the grappling fights at the Martial Arts convention next year. The winner gets a metal and there arent any Karo type opponents, just right for me to get the feel of it.

Comment

Thanks, do you have any info on the Martial Arts convention?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

See Anon, somebody does care.

How in the world do you lose 15-20lbs in one day?

Comment

Working...
                    X